What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

SS Colonial Dole advertising knife.
A large frame with a single clipped blade=perfection....
Except I'm going do away with the Dole by jigging it and dying that white delrin brown.

6AxnIbi.jpg

New to me GEC 48. Love the cocobolo on this one...better figure than my 78. The larger handle really gives a chance for the wood to show off. Not sure about the paracord, perhaps I'll swap it out for a leather fob. Will probably polish off the previous owners patina just so I can start over with my own.
IMG_4247.JPG

Ive got this old dude with me today.

IMG_20180402_093147373_HDR.jpg
I recently soaked/scrubbed/oiled and sharpened it for my Wife's Aunt who's Dad (I believe) bought it new and carried it regularly. They gave it back to me at Easter and said it would do the knife more justice to be carried again so thats what Ill do! The blades are scratched up and there are a couple small chips/bends here and there from prior use and abuse but nothing that wont sharpen out in a couple sharpenings and nothing that keeps the knife from being perfectly useful. The springs are stong as ever and the snap opening and closing is better than Luke's Peanut which is brand spanking new!!!

Old and New.jpg

Good old knife and I am happy to keep it going rather than retire it to the underwear drawer. It will likely be a garage/outdoors knife. It was used hard (but responsibly) and I dont see any reason to not keep it up.

Matt

Back