What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Still one of my all time favorites.

6k8nRsz.jpg

@5K Qs , thanks, I'm liking it so far. Although after looking through a thread on large Case stockmans, someone posted about a OT lumberjack. I like large knives so a 4.6" closed stockman "rings my bell" so to speak. As my collecting is done on a tight budget I'll probably end up with a Taylor brands one, couple online knife retailers have them at $17.99, a real bargain imho.

Prince of stock knives, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: How old is that one, with the SW stamp?

- GT

Thank you, I think so too!

To answer your question, Gary: Schrade Walden USA 897UH was made 1967 - 1973, then Walden was dropped and it was just Schrade from then on.

View attachment 945477 Jason Good LC in micarta and a Hoffritz with a hunting scene.

Interesting Hoffritz, Alan. What does the other side look like? It's obviously the inspiration for this Novelty Knife Co. brass knock-off I have:
2s23jsl.jpg

eYBwNwN.jpg

Hey, I have a JA Henckels version of that knife! That design gets around, it seems. Neat knives, gentlemen. :)

43391596602_1bd8aa0a5c_b.jpg

43391596652_9e30224b8f_b.jpg

I had these in pocket today. I think the whittler is really worn stag, maybe? And I pocketed it for stag Saturday and then forgot to take photos. :rolleyes:

29569043748_43e425b862_b.jpg

Still one of my all time favorites.

6k8nRsz.jpg

An mine :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the supportive comments, Jack. :) Fine pics of your stag and Ancient! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you very much GT :) :thumbsup:

The Ebony/Ancient pairing that both you and Ron have sported recently is a champion, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (And I want one of almost everything in the advert behind the Ancient! ;))

Thanks, Jack. :) Fascinating loom/weaving info you and @JB in SC have been exchanging! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks again pal :D I love to hear first-hand accounts of particular patterns being used as intended, so it was a treat for me too. I think Jerry would enjoy having a chat with my friend Les, who did the same job over here, still riding his vintage motorbikes and he's very far from a spring chicken. He made these small hammers I showed the other week. Carrying the ebony Guardian again and the new Ancient :) :thumbsup:

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 9-4.JPG

2018 Ancient 3-9.JPG

Thank you, I think so too!

To answer your question, Gary: Schrade Walden USA 897UH was made 1967 - 1973, then Walden was dropped and it was just Schrade from then on.

I was talking to my Dad the other night, and pocket knives came up. He has a very high opinion on Schrade Walden. He said "Schrade Walden some of the best I ever carried, never wore one out. Broke a couple,gave a few away. If you find one,hold on to it" He also said that a Tree Brand Boker "bout the best pocket knife money can buy" My local sporting store has Tree brand, they have a beautiful stag stockman. I'm going to buy it for the Ol'Man.

Back