What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you for the kind compliments, Ron. Speaking of pictures though, you've produced something excellent today, I love your knife choices. They pair very nicely together. I do sometimes regret letting my #54 like yours go, especially when I see fine pictures of them.

I am going with this newly arrived #44 today. However, I am expecting something very special in the mail today and will have to adjust my carry choice accordingly.

8HyjQgV.jpg
Thank you for the kind words! I like the 53/54 knives really well and this single 54 is one I picked up on the exchange. It’s a user and I have another in the safe! Your 44 is a beautiful knife! So far the only 44 I’ve committed to is a stag. I really like the looks of the special Wounded Warrior benefit knife. I will probably end up with several tickets on that next week at Titusville. Knife aside it’s a very worthy charity!

Was carrying these 2 from The Legends , @paulhilborn and Duncan @Campbellclanman , for the last couple of days . Both of them are made of Unobtainium .

I carried them in slips because I was working today while trimming our roses

And doing some maintaining of my Northfields so I can take them to Titusville to their birth place .
In the garage :

Back in their drawer :

Harry

The edge on the main was pretty thick, so today I did the best I could to bring the edge back maybe 50% or so ( I just took a small file and a couple stones to bring it back to something that seemed good ) and now I've got it cutting pretty well.
If I had some sort of guided sharpening system or something I'm sure I could've done a better job, the edge is a bit rough but it works.

Those cocobolo 44s look stellar! Can’t wait for mine to arrive. :)

Mike mentioned in one of his overview videos on his website that the 44s represent one of GEC's finest efforts when releasing a new pattern (or something along those lines). I would have to agree with him, both the Cocobolo and Ebony examples I have are absolutely top notch. I look forward to seeing yours when you get it in.

Thank you my friend :) Wow, that's a nice Gunstock! :cool: First I've even heard of the 44's I think :rolleyes:

Thank you, Jack. These 44s are GEC's latest production and the first run on this specific pattern. I am rather pleased with them, especially considering I was not familiar with the pattern at all.

Thank you Dylan in regards to the red soup TC's:thumbsup: very NICE #44:cool: I have the exact layout en route. Anxious to see what will arrive for you later todayo_O:)

I am looking forward to seeing your 44, Paul. I hope you are as pleased with it as I am with mine. More on my mysterious afternoon carry below. ;)

Thank you for the kind words! I like the 53/54 knives really well and this single 54 is one I picked up on the exchange. It’s a user and I have another in the safe! Your 44 is a beautiful knife! So far the only 44 I’ve committed to is a stag. I really like the looks of the special Wounded Warrior benefit knife. I will probably end up with several tickets on that next week at Titusville. Knife aside it’s a very worthy charity!

Thank you, Ron. And thank you for your efforts towards supporting the Wounded Warrior project. I am a bit bummed that I didn't reserve a Stag 44 as I am starting to take a liking to Stag more and more these days. I am really looking forward to seeing yours when you get it in. Best of luck on the raffle! That one-of-kind knife is very striking.

Earlier I mentioned that I was eagerly awaiting a package in the mail today with a knife that I was certain would scoot the #44 out of my pocket for the remainder of the day, if not the weekend. This is a knife that I was greatly anticipating before its release and was subsequently crestfallen when I missed out on securing one. Regardless, I kept my chin up as best I could and began quietly searching for one that might be available for a price I was willing to pay. Despite my reservations when it comes to inflated pricing, I try not to dictate to others what they can or cannot ask for their knives when it comes to its monetary value, it is simply never my place.

Perry ( singin50 singin50 ) reached out to me recently with an offer I couldn't refuse and I am now the very proud new owner of Charlie's most recent TC SFO, the Ancient in Muscadine Sawcut Bone. This is a knife that I got to discuss the specifics, in person, with Charlie and I can quite honestly say that it was his enthusiasm and knowledge behind the features of this knife that I found so engaging. There is an immense amount of soul in this knife and I cannot tell you all how happy I am to finally have one.

Thank you so very much, Perry, for making this available to me. And thank you, Charlie (@waynorth), for arranging an incredible SFO. This knife is a treasure, one I'd be very loathe to part with.

VyoGZyw.jpg

Mike mentioned in one of his overview videos on his website that the 44s represent one of GEC's finest efforts when releasing a new pattern (or something along those lines). I would have to agree with him, both the Cocobolo and Ebony examples I have are absolutely top notch. I look forward to seeing yours when you get it in.

Thank you, Jack. These 44s are GEC's latest production and the first run on this specific pattern. I am rather pleased with them, especially considering I was not familiar with the pattern at all.

I am looking forward to seeing your 44, Paul. I hope you are as pleased with it as I am with mine. More on my mysterious afternoon carry below. ;)

Thank you, Ron. And thank you for your efforts towards supporting the Wounded Warrior project. I am a bit bummed that I didn't reserve a Stag 44 as I am starting to take a liking to Stag more and more these days. I am really looking forward to seeing yours when you get it in. Best of luck on the raffle! That one-of-kind knife is very striking.

Earlier I mentioned that I was eagerly awaiting a package in the mail today with a knife that I was certain would scoot the #44 out of my pocket for the remainder of the day, if not the weekend. This is a knife that I was greatly anticipating before its release and was subsequently crestfallen when I missed out on securing one. Regardless, I kept my chin up as best I could and began quietly searching for one that might be available for a price I was willing to pay. Despite my reservations when it comes to inflated pricing, I try not to dictate to others what they can or cannot ask for their knives when it comes to its monetary value, it is simply never my place.

Perry ( singin50 singin50 ) reached out to me recently with an offer I couldn't refuse and I am now the very proud new owner of Charlie's most recent TC SFO, the Ancient in Muscadine Sawcut Bone. This is a knife that I got to discuss the specifics, in person, with Charlie and I can quite honestly say that it was his enthusiasm and knowledge behind the features of this knife that I found so engaging. There is an immense amount of soul in this knife and I cannot tell you all how happy I am to finally have one.

Thank you so very much, Perry, for making this available to me. And thank you, Charlie (@waynorth), for arranging an incredible SFO. This knife is a treasure, one I'd be very loathe to part with.

VyoGZyw.jpg
Congrats on getting one of those TC's Dylan .

Harry

Congrats on getting one of those TC's Dylan .

Harry

Thank you so much, Harry. A wonderful cap to my week.

Was carrying these 2 from The Legends , @paulhilborn and Duncan @Campbellclanman , for the last couple of days . Both of them are made of Unobtainium .

And doing some maintaining of my Northfields so I can take them to Titusville to their birth place .
In the garage :

Back in their drawer :

Harry

You have an amazing collection, Harry. I love seeing all of that Stag!!!

Thank you so much, Harry. A wonderful cap to my week.
You have an amazing collection, Harry. I love seeing all of that Stag!!!

Thank you very much Dylan for the kind words and if I remember right you also have some very nice stuff my friend . Concerning the Stag : After the 44's and 14's are done , I should have a couple more Stags .

Harry

Turning Frivolous Friday into Functional Friday. My mother had a polite and concise saying that she used when avoiding an unpleasant decision or event: "Let's say we did and don't." Today, I was going to unwrap my seldom-sees-light-of-day Buck Model 510 Classic II and tote it around to brighten another overcast day. This would be its maiden journey out of the plastic wrapper and box. And then I spotted my faithful 110 in the drawer and thought better of the choice. The 110 went into its sheath and then sheath went onto my belt. The 510 was returned to its cubbie.

1Wc8oQg.jpg

Uv6dmdT.jpg

- Stuart
Can’t go wrong with a 110!
We always said “ Let’s not ‘n say we did”

Love the curves of this slimline trapper Craig downsized to 3.5" several years ago. Creamy preban, not a flaw near the shield, but a darker vein. The shaving soap is really nice too, helps my whiskers wipe right off.

brewerivoryslimline-1.jpg

brewerivoryslimline-2.jpg

So creamy … straight lines stand out against the curves of the slimline. Have carried this one a little before, can't resist.

brewerivoryslimline-3.jpg

brewerivoryslimline-4.jpg

Have a great weekend folks!
That’s a beaut, John
Northwoods Fremont Jack
View attachment 958645
Menacing and elegant all at once.

In the garage :

Back in their drawer :

Harry
Nice collections ~ Both of them!
How long will the roses be in bloom?

Thank you very much Dylan for the kind words and if I remember right you also have some very nice stuff my friend . Concerning the Stag : After the 44's and 14's are done , I should have a couple more Stags .

Harry

I will look forward to seeing them both, Harry. I didn't manage a 44 in Stag but I did get a 14 reserved in it. I think those 14s are going to look very nice dressed up in some nice Sambar.

Can’t go wrong with a 110!
We always said “ Let’s not ‘n say we did”

That’s a beaut, John

Menacing and elegant all at once.

Nice collections ~ Both of them!
How long will the roses be in bloom?

Thanks much Jeff for the kind words .
Rose usually will keep blooming until a Hard Frost if I keep them watered properly .

Harry

Back