What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Just drying off from a day boating on the lake near Park City, UT!

Despite getting wet, the cv is looking great!

6_E25_F2_A9-5_E33-4385-9614-81_FAF2_E55_C3_F.jpg

Was carrying these 2 from The Legends , paulhilborn paulhilborn and Duncan @Campbellclanman , for the last couple of days . Both of them are made of Unobtainium .

I carried them in slips because I was working today while trimming our roses

And doing some maintaining of my Northfields so I can take them to Titusville to their birth place .
In the garage :

Back in their drawer :

Harry
Those stag covers are gorgeous!

As many of you know, this one is usually in my pocket. I don’t post often here since the same knife would get a bit redundant.

This lambsfoot loves to break down cardboard and open packages and bags. Today it got to open not one, but two big bags, prepping the smoker for an early morning light to make pulled pork tomorrow.

HYAAVUqh.jpg

SRXatnfh.jpg

I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and fulfilling weekend.

Nice carries everyone. I enjoy perusing once I get home:thumbsup: worked up by the Lake today staining a deck. A wee bit humid and overcast, not like I need help breaking a bead:eek::D stopped by the dam/spill way on my way home to hit the overlook:thumbsup: Had my Bushboot and a favorite TC with me today. The 2013 Spear/pen in ebony served a role as a loaner to my good friend Duncan in NZ due to the loss of his Single spear 2013 TC in ebony. That lost TC has now turned up to Duncans surprise and joy;)

7P42TX.jpg

pFPr5H.jpg

The Dam and spill way...
8r9UbZ.jpg

rxRKSH.jpg

Pelicans enjoying a casual Friday:cool::p
aOZbt1.jpg

Enjoy the weekend everyone:thumbsup:

As many of you know, this one is usually in my pocket. I don’t post often here since the same knife would get a bit redundant.

This lambsfoot loves to break down cardboard and open packages and bags. Today it got to open not one, but two big bags, prepping the smoker for an early morning light to make pulled pork tomorrow.

HYAAVUqh.jpg

SRXatnfh.jpg

I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and fulfilling weekend.
I hear what you're saying, the Lambsfoot is hard to beat for those rough and tumble chores. :thumbsup: Re: smokehouse, that was my first job as a 16-year-old apprentice butcher/meat cutter. Lots of stories there. :eek:

Nice carries everyone. I enjoy perusing once I get home:thumbsup: worked up by the Lake today staining a deck. A wee bit humid and overcast, not like I need help breaking a bead:eek::D stopped by the dam/spill way on my way home to hit the overlook:thumbsup: Had my Bushboot and a favorite TC with me today. The 2013 Spear/pen in ebony served a role as a loaner to my good friend Duncan in NZ due to the loss of his Single spear 2013 TC in ebony. That lost TC has now turned up to Duncans surprise and joy;)

7P42TX.jpg

pFPr5H.jpg

The Dam and spill way...
8r9UbZ.jpg

rxRKSH.jpg

Pelicans enjoying a casual Friday:cool::p
aOZbt1.jpg

Enjoy the weekend everyone:thumbsup:
Beautiful knives and pictures my friend . I do not understand why nobody is fishing in that place . Is there no fish in that river ?????

Harry

This knife confounds me, and not just because it is the only easy opener barlow that I own. It is too "fresh" to be from 1941 when John Russell/Harrington-Russell stopped making pocket knives. It could be from the 1974 batch of barlows that Schrade made for Harrington-Russell in 1974 to celebrate 100 years of Russell barlows, but those knives had Delrin covers. It could be a reproduction made by Boker, Colonial or Camillus under license from Dexter Russell. It is solidly made and the swedge narrows then thickens at the peak of the blade spine (above and forward of the nail nick), but there are two sunken pins on the pile side. I like carrying it, even at 5", but am not sure that it is what it is what it claims to be, other than another useful barlow.

VWT03Cy.jpg

KxRUW8q.jpg

l86FEvX.jpg

6spThb2.jpg

= Stuart
Back in 2015 there was a thread " Russell or Camillus Barlow " . On Page 1 there is a posting # 3 by @Primble that leads me to believe that you probably have Post 1933 Russell made after Russell merged with Harrington . Besides the Bolster Stamp being different to me , the fact that yours has 4 Cover pins seems different also .
Also in 1941 Russell Harrington stopped making the Russell Barlow .

Harry

Walleye fishing? Man that's what my dog Chocolate and I used to do together. I sure miss that old girl.
Man Mark, I know you were close to chocolate. I tell ya, they occupy a huge part of your heart. I think if you go fishin it will bring back great memories my friend:thumbsup:;)

Back