What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Took this out to take pics only...it convinced me to keep it out and ride along today. Charming imp, that it is.

e6aYKWq.jpg

Nice Lambsfoot Steve. Wright's still use that exact same blade blank, do the same pattern, use the same stamp. Even the Sambar scales do not mean that it was made before the Indian Government ban on stag exports, it took a while for that ban to bite in Sheffield, and even now, Wright's occasionally turn out one of those 'Candle-end' models with Sambar. I got one last year. The stag has mellowed, but the Sambar they're using was often cut decades ago for cutlery handles, and the construction (number of pins) is exactly the same as today. So, your knife could be 5 years old, 10 years old, or 20 years old. You could perhaps hazard a guess from the amount of wear it has had, but that might merely indicate that it was used a lot, rather than that it was used over a longer period. In terms of the construction, I think that Wright's have pulled their socks up a lot in terms of QC, but that is only over the past couple of years, so again, the quality of construction tells us little. I'm assuming it has brass liners, if not, that would indicate an older knife. My guess would be that it was made within the past 20 years, but it's hard to say more than that, particularly without examining it. It could be older, but it isn't an old knife. It might help if you said where you acquired the knife :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack ! Yes it has brass liners. I bought it used from someone on another forum. I could ask him I guess if he bought it new or not. I appreciate your knowledge :thumbsup:

mhprva.jpg

I'm inKLIEN'D to believe with these in my pocket I could meet any CHALLENGE!:D
Glad you are finding the Klein useful, and glad to get a look at that old Challenge Cutlery jack!

As many of you know, this one is usually in my pocket. I don’t post often here since the same knife would get a bit redundant.

This lambsfoot loves to break down cardboard and open packages and bags. Today it got to open not one, but two big bags, prepping the smoker for an early morning light to make pulled pork tomorrow.

HYAAVUqh.jpg

SRXatnfh.jpg

I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and fulfilling weekend.
I can bring the zucchini:D

Nice carries everyone. I enjoy perusing once I get home:thumbsup: worked up by the Lake today staining a deck. A wee bit humid and overcast, not like I need help breaking a bead:eek::D stopped by the dam/spill way on my way home to hit the overlook:thumbsup: Had my Bushboot and a favorite TC with me today. The 2013 Spear/pen in ebony served a role as a loaner to my good friend Duncan in NZ due to the loss of his Single spear 2013 TC in ebony. That lost TC has now turned up to Duncans surprise and joy;)

7P42TX.jpg

pFPr5H.jpg

The Dam and spill way...
8r9UbZ.jpg

rxRKSH.jpg

Pelicans enjoying a casual Friday:cool::p
aOZbt1.jpg

Enjoy the weekend everyone:thumbsup:

Beautiful knives and pictures my friend . I do not understand why nobody is fishing in that place . Is there no fish in that river ?????

Harry
Very Porchly Neighborly of you to provide a loaner, Paul!
I see I’m not the only one to wonder why you did not just happen to have a fishing pole along!
Spillways below dams are usually great for fishing.

You’ve been showing those two Case knives a lot lately, and I’m overdue in complementing them! Both are gorgeous- the stockman would match up nicely with my amber bone Texas jack!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congratulations on the Ancient Dylan, Perry is a class act :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I think so too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend :) I'm having a Double Lambsfoot Day! :D :thumbsup:

2018-ebony-guardians-lambsfoot-14-3-jpg.959052

aw-small-sambar-lf-2-5-4-jpg.959053

Double Lambsfoot days can be the very best of days. Handsome pair today.

That is a beautiful bit of stag, Alan.

I am going with a wee bit of stag myself today, paired with a most excellent TC and a bit of coffee.

dnaoAoG.jpg

Old Engineer Old Engineer Harry, thanks so much for the helpful follow-up on my "mystery Russell" barlow. I'm chasing down the tips you've provided in this and the other threads.
@joeradza , jwb01 jwb01 , SteveC SteveC , @Travman That's a passel of pretty knife pictures posted by y'all this morning. I'm totin' a 1981 NKCA "Big Cigar" by Queen today. Not much cuttin' on my horizon, except for clipping a cigar or two later today/tonight. This should do the job.

sc307Fq.jpg

zZbfV5r.jpg

v7KDnjO.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks Stuart. That is one fine looking seegar snipper ya got there!

Old Engineer Old Engineer Harry, thanks so much for the helpful follow-up on my "mystery Russell" barlow. I'm chasing down the tips you've provided in this and the other threads.
@joeradza , jwb01 jwb01 , SteveC SteveC , @Travman That's a passel of pretty knife pictures posted by y'all this morning. I'm totin' a 1981 NKCA "Big Cigar" by Queen today. Not much cuttin' on my horizon, except for clipping a cigar or two later today/tonight. This should do the job.

sc307Fq.jpg

zZbfV5r.jpg

v7KDnjO.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart your Queen Cigar is a great knife! I’ve got a pair of those in one of my rolls. I haven’t seen them in so long I forgot what numbers they are. :) Hope everyone has a great Saturday! :thumbsup: :)

43847228381_c85177f702_b_d.jpg

Back