What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Laguiole by Le Sabot, 1990s vintage. Ale by Brasserie Dupont, 2018 vintage. I gave this knife to my brother as a gift and in over twenty years he never carried it. He fished it out of his toolbox last year and gave it back to me. It's rough and stiff to close, but it's a great working knife. The beer is good, too.

KD5m8hH.jpg

Zieg

You made me laugh, GT...... "Bernice's Belly Button" now that is funny!
Also, thank you for the complement.
Took Betty with me today
42982484720_aa9f15cdee_h.jpg
I didn't even think of it until your comment, but Bernice was my late mother-in-law's name. :eek:
Betty is a beast! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My new Case pocket worn sod buster Jr.
My first Case knife, too.
Very much impressed.

View attachment 988647
Congrats on that attractive Case SBJr (and on your other 2 sodbuster patterns, I enjoyed your review in your comparison thread)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I’ve got a Sheep and a Lamb. :)

26548113818_6109237b0f_b_d.jpg
"Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy..." ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some gorgeous Tim Robertson amber stag and a NW Little Bay.
View attachment 988736
Calling that amber stag gorgeous may actually be an understatement, Alan! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

I don't plan on pushing any doggies across the plains today, but I did decide to tote this Böker 8573 (4" stockman), just in case (or just because it was handy). From the shield and covers, I think it is from the early 1960s.
aFh1t4x.jpg

- Stuart
High class stockman, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks! I also like it aesthetically. As far as feel goes; the saddlehorn feels better balanced in the hand because of the thicker handle and the weight distribution. The mini trapper and saddlehorn pictured are exactly the same weight.

I sure like the looks of your saddlehorn, Dean, but I'd always imagined it was a much larger knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the comparison pic.

This one today

Y1MyVFoh.jpg

That Imperial is a highly desirable classic, IMHO!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really liking the slimness of the teardrop
Great pic of a charming knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Gary, I like all your carries but man those old Imperials get so scary sharp, careful, they bite:eek::thumbsup:
Thanks, Paul. :) I think I like my old Imperials and Colonials as much as any knives I have (and even I can sharpen them).

Click on "Paid Subscriptions" at the top of the page, and you can see what the limits are. It's not a huge amount, so I'm experimenting with using Imgur, too.
Thanks, very informative! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: 20 MB is only about 20 of my current pic files. :(

Thanks, GT, Although around 5-5.5" in closed length, they are pretty handy to carry. I usually try to find one of your several daily carries to highlight, but all of your choices today are commendable. A very fine selection, so thank you for sharing them.

I've had some success with Imgur and it is fairly simple to load from there to BF (via copying and pasting the BB code option offered). ...
- Stuart
Thanks for the kind words about my knives, Stuart. :)
I like Imgur, but I need to learn how to post from Imgur albums so I can get more organized. Right now, I have 26 pages of photos I have to search to find one I want to post. :rolleyes:

John Lloyd clamshell stag and my GEC unicorn 25.
View attachment 989453
That clamshell stag knife is one of the most unforgettable knives I've seen, Alan! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These are likely to be the same old same old for a while.
R4nbtVL.jpg
Congrats on that fantastic new pair, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool: The spear/sheep bi-color is very cool, and that big rosewood lambsfoot is a champ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm totin' these two today.

FNvCWnQ.jpg

- Stuart
That toothpick and sowbelly are knives to celebrate, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I try to control my envy, but I've failed miserably in this case. :rolleyes:

Jeff, you have a right to be proud of that pair!! I'm astounded by the quality of the fruits of your labor! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A couple of AG’s fine products with me today. Happy Friday all!

You should get a commission for such a great advertisement for AG Russell products, Tom! ;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary! Speaking of cool, your Imperial is the cat's meow!
Thanks, Dean. :) I'm very taken with that knife!

Peanut of the Week is a Case stainless delrin (thanks, Cory):
cory.peanut.mark.whittle.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Buck stag canoe:
stag.canoe.389.mark.open.jpg

Free Choice Knife this week is an S&M ebony (thanks, Jack):
S&M99.mark.halfopen.jpg

- GT

Some years ago this knife came to me from another forum member. I continue to be astounded by the quality of it and treasure this knife.

That is a beauty, a real treasure.

Friday's here at last! :) :thumbsup:

Nice pair, Jack. I'm warming to the foot o'lambs.

Case xx 6.5 Stag tear drop CV

That is so staggeringly fine that it makes me cry.

Jack's "Wow" comment was spot on, Ron. Stunning!

My son wants this one so I may not have it long. But I'm going to carry it first :)

That is very handsome bone, and there seems to be a flood of those handsome devils in the recent posts.

Thank you, clear and pleasing is the effect I was going for. :)

Bingo, you've got it. Pretty post, too.

ohn Lloyd clamshell stag and my GEC unicorn 25.

This is a great post, Alan, but you later pair post is greater still.

Clauss cigar jack today

That's a smokin' knife, Nick.

This one arrived Wednesday, but this is its first ride in my pocket. Thanks @gunstockjack!

More of the beautiful flood.

Canal Street: Sunset Half Moon Trapper

Excellent knife, well posted.

Start off the stag weekend.

What a way to start it off!!

Now we are in a virtual tsunami of glowing blonde bone, and it is pretty sweet.

High class stockman, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That toothpick and sowbelly are knives to celebrate, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I try to control my envy, but I've failed miserably in this case. :rolleyes:

Than you, GT, I tried to throw some curves with those BB Winchesters. And, once again, I can not pick a favorite from your tantalizing trio. That is a really nice selection.
- Stuart

- Stuart

Sorry to have missed the last 2 days . We were in the Yellowstone Lake Hotel and they only have WI-FI in their sitting area and I don't do that . I have been carrying these 2 .

Fireplace in the Yellowstone Lodge

Fireplace inside the Yellowstone Inn ( the big old wooden hotel )

Sapphire Pool

Color around a geyser area

Dragon's Cavern ( the hole in the rock is probably 15 feet high .

There is a picture every time you turn around .

Right now we are in Sheridan , Wyoming and on our way to Mount Rushmore . More pictures to come of the TETONS and etc .
Thank you very much for putting up with my pictures .

Harry

Thanks for letting us enjoy your trip Harry. Looking forward to Mt. Rushmore. While you're there, take a drive over to the Crazy Horse Memorial.

My son wants this one so I may not have it long. But I'm going to carry it first :)

The unspoken message is that you are generous with your boy, and are succeeding in passing on your love for traditional pocket knives to the next generation. Kudos!

Those look great Jeff :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks much, Jack!
But do they cut? You betcha.

I didn't even think of it until your comment, but Bernice was my late mother-in-law's name. :eek:

Jeff, you have a right to be proud of that pair!! I'm astounded by the quality of the fruits of your labor! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Buck stag canoe:
View attachment 989842

Free Choice Knife this week is an S&M ebony (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 989843

- GT

Very knice of you to say so, but Mrs Grave Fleschwund has warned me about pride! She can usually demonstrate why my pride was misplaced.:D
Bernice is a name you don't see folks naming their girls anymore. I know a Bernadette, but no Bernices anymore. Either way, I shudder at the thought of Mother-in-law's Belly Button!:eek:

And speaking of pride, you should be proud of the edge you've put on that Buck canoe. Nice bevel.
The Schatt & Morgan Jack is scrumptious!

Thank you very much for putting up with my pictures .

Harry
Well, putting up with the vacation photos is what friends do for friends.:p

Please keep 'em coming!

Back