What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Taking my sweetie to Tucker's for an onion burger.

GEC14yellowbone-3.jpg

Excellent choices GT :thumbsup:

Enjoying everyone's pics :) I'm off to York to visit my favourite hardware store :D Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

Jack that stag lambsfoot is beautiful.

Won't have much time for the forums this weekend, unfortunately. Drove 15 hours up here to Raleigh, NC for my uncle's funeral. My brother and I had a few hours this morning to hunt down some local bottled beer to bring home with us. I figured if I'm going to NC, I better bring a pair of Jumpman shoes and a knife given to me by one of this forum's and North Carolina's finest, r redden r redden . Thank you, Randy! Beautiful country up here, my friend, and I wish I had more than ~4 hours of free time on this trip to meet up with you. Enjoy the weekend, everybody!

20180922_112756_2.jpg

Shawn I'm so glad you are still enjoying that forum knife. :thumbsup: With more breweries per capita than anywhere else in the U.S., Asheville was first named Beer City USA in 2009 and has swept the competition almost every year since (sorry GT) so finding a beer you like is not hard here. Highland Brewery was one of the first ones that started here.

I sure like the looks of your saddlehorn, Dean, but I'd always imagined it was a much larger knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the comparison pic.

Thanks, Dean. :) I'm very taken with that knife!

Peanut of the Week is a Case stainless delrin (thanks, Cory):
View attachment 989841

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Buck stag canoe:
View attachment 989842

Free Choice Knife this week is an S&M ebony (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 989843

- GT

Thanks, Gary. While all of your knives pictured are grand, the S&M ebony is in a class by itself. What a wonderful gift!

I'm off to York to visit my favourite hardware store :D Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

Attractive knives, Jack! You can't go wrong with ebony and stag. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying two knives today, but only totin' one of them. A post by J jnevill prompted my choice of one to carry later this afternoon for a cocktail conversation with some buddies. I'll carry it in its box, rather than my pocket.

oBsWedf.jpg

gCwxsaw.jpg

I have a slight connection to Kentucky. I was born there, as my father was stationed at Fort Campbell before shipping off to Korea. I only stayed there for about a minute, but some of it is in my blood.

aQdrMOe.jpg

This is the knife that I'm totin' today - a 4 1/8" Mickey Maddox coffin jack. Mr. Maddox, of Ringgold, GA, was a high school biology teacher and a protege of Ron Little. Mr. Maddox passed on December 5, 2015 at the age of 89.

NVN8x8B.jpg

K2PIJly.jpg

- Stuart

Gorgeous stag knives today, Stuart! I like reading the back story for all of your knives. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Old topographical; a Curtain & Clark

6847549761_55873a69b7_b.jpg

So lucky
to have had this dance
thankful for another chance
time after time

Curtain & Clark. That's a new one for me, Gev. Very nice; old celluloid?

I'm carrying two knives today, but only totin' one of them. A post by J jnevill prompted my choice of one to carry later this afternoon for a cocktail conversation with some buddies. I'll carry it in its box, rather than my pocket.

oBsWedf.jpg

gCwxsaw.jpg

I have a slight connection to Kentucky. I was born there, as my father was stationed at Fort Campbell before shipping off to Korea. I only stayed there for about a minute, but some of it is in my blood.

aQdrMOe.jpg

This is the knife that I'm totin' today - a 4 1/8" Mickey Maddox coffin jack. Mr. Maddox, of Ringgold, GA, was a high school biology teacher and a protege of Ron Little. Mr. Maddox passed on December 5, 2015 at the age of 89.

NVN8x8B.jpg

K2PIJly.jpg

- Stuart

I’ve been called lots of things in my life, but never an inspiration!

I too spent some time in Kentucky, I was sent to Louisville to work for 3 weeks, which turned into 7 months. I loved my time there, I must have done the Bourbon trail 5 times, as well as the National Corvette museum in Bowling Green, Mammoth Caves, down town Louisville, the Louisville Slugger factory, and Churchill Downs, it was all very beautiful and a ton of fun. I couldn’t live with the humidity full time though.

I love your Maddox, that’s a beauty for sure. And I’ll give you a dollar for your box!

Jim

Curtain & Clark. That's a new one for me, Gev. Very nice; old celluloid?
They were hardware wholesalers ( 1890-1920 ). They had facilities in both St. Joseph and Kansas City. Most think that they had their knives made by Tidioute Cutlery (PA). I love the old hardware stores. Yes, it's celluloid

Your sporting a fine pair today...wow !!!

These things are great, I love mine. I've been thinking about making some walnut covers for mine, so I can delete that abomination that lives in the other side ;)
I removed one abomination but can’t get rid of the one on the butt of the knife.

You should get a commission for such a great advertisement for AG Russell products, Tom! ;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peanut of the Week is a Case stainless delrin (thanks, Cory):
View attachment 989841

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Buck stag canoe:
View attachment 989842

Free Choice Knife this week is an S&M ebony (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 989843

- GT

Thanks GT, terrific trio you have there, nice pics :thumbsup:

Haven't posted to this thread in quite some time. This one arrived today and already put to use. Cheers!

View attachment 989933

Nice saw scout :thumbsup:

Woke up to temperatures in the 60’s today, a stark contrast to the 90 degree weather we had last week. These two remind me of fall for some reason.

Last edited:
Over the past couple of days these two. CASE Half Whittler (sunk joints) and Forum Knife 14

I've come to the conclusion that for the main, I like single-blade knives and in the 3-5 -3.8" range, good sturdy Clip, Spear, Sheepfoot or Drop-Point. Whereas I think 2 or 3 blade knives work for me best as small knives under 3.5", I dislike the bulk of large multi blades even though I admire them aesthetically. Small Pens, Jacks or Stockman is the thing!

qHZiF0A.jpg

OOOOHHHH! That's the BB (no not Brigitte Bardot:D:cool:) I'm thirsting for JP:thumbsup: But they're hellishly difficult to come by. Fortunately, I have the patience of a cat....;)

Back