What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks for the cannitler comment, Dean. :) Another attractive pair for you; I like that Ancient of a different color than your "usual" one. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Another awe-inspiring jigged bone beauty, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harry, isn't there a saying, "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing"? Sure seems to apply to posting a handsome knife like that one! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Folks who have either of those models seem quite taken with them, Jack, so you're starting off the week on the right (lamb)foot! ;):thumbsup::cool:

I REALLY like the forward position of the lock release bar on the Mercator; for me, it's my easiest-to-operate lockback! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds like a rough but rewarding weekend, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That black/red pair should help smooth you out! ;)

What a classic, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Unusual, intriguing knife, Ted! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Admirable stag statesman you have there, Gev! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Holy Catfish, Stuart! :eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That's a knife that could tie me in knots! Spear/pen; equal-end with round, lined bolsters; 3 5/8" is perfect length (like a canoe ;)); shapely shield; boffo bone!! Checks practically every box! :)

You've got me pegged, Jeff. :thumbsup:;) My first knife (and basically only knife for 45 years) was a Colonial Forest-Master:
View attachment 996556

Two outstanding works of art!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, for the confirmation, John. :cool: I "window shop" at some Case dealers fairly regularly. ;) I was impressed with your knowledge of canoes when you recommended one for me in another thread! :p

Ralf is riveting, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::)

That's what I like to hear! ;):thumbsup: The 4" trappers seem beyond my comfort zone, but the 3.5" "mini trappers" are aces!

Thanks for the ID, Nick! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the confirmation, @Aryan29 . :)

Even though your Catt has worms, it looks to be perfectly healthy to me, Mark!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:eek:o_O

Thanks for the info, Dean. :)

I could get pretty inebriated just looking at that one, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Fantastic bone, and I'm very partial to that shield!

:D:thumbsup: Since I moved to the suspenders, I almost never have to "hitch up" my pants; I really enjoy the difference!

Alex of the Week is a Vic Pruner (thanks, Ken):
View attachment 996559

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Huntsman:
View attachment 996560

Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone sowbelly:
View attachment 996561

- GT

Nice jigging on the RR!

Camillus USN Utility

mUPnH0ah.jpg
yes...smashing !!!

Ken, that's a beauty! Nice photo, too. :thumbsup:

I agree with Jeff,Ken.....wow !! At first glance I thought what an old beauty

Such a great knife, but I can’t stop looking at the mustache.
Maybe if I quadruple my biotin supplement...
Thanks for the kind words guys. I have to confess that when I found the pic of Prof. Gimbi I thought he bore an uncanny resemblance to our own Travis (@Travman ), sans mustache of course. (No offense intended Travis.) ;):D

Another attractive pair for you; I like that Ancient of a different color than your "usual" one. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I could get pretty inebriated just looking at that one, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Fantastic bone, and I'm very partial to that shield!

That's a winner! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Pruner (thanks, Ken):
View attachment 996559

- GT

Thank you for your comments, Gary! I always have to comment on your blue Bic Pruner - very nice color, can't help staring at it. What a nice present! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So many of us were given those as our first real knife. I’d bet more of them were Colonials and Imperials than Camillus, Ulster, Case, etc.
And considering how many of us carried them, carved swords out of sticks, pretended we were Daniel Boone and tried throwing them at stumps:D,“sharpened” them on rocks or Dad’s bench grinder, etc, to see one like yours without shrunken or broken scales, and without broken or ground up blades is a real treat! It’s a time capsule.:thumbsup:
As a kid, I got my dad’s old one when I became a scout. It had quite a bit of wear when I received it, and being a kid, I quickly used up what it had left to give. Fortunately, by the end I had a better idea how to use a knife. Mom tossed out the old Forest-Master 30+ years ago now. When I saw a brand new one available for a reasonable price, I had to grab it. I’m glad you enjoyed seeing it. :)

You've got me pegged, Jeff. :thumbsup:;) My first knife (and basically only knife for 45 years) was a Colonial Forest-Master:
View attachment 996556

That's a winner! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks GT!
d24Kof9.jpg

A simple sodbuster today.

Back