What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. kenspen

kenspen

Mar 25, 2010
    Thanks Paul! Last weekend was brutal for Ohio. The Buckeyes were embarrassing, then on Sunday my beloved Bengals were humiliated by the Chiefs and the Browns found yet another way to lose in O.T.:(

Thanks Gary. I’ve been making an effort to mix up my carries a bit more but, doggone it, the Churchill pattern is just so appealing:rolleyes::)

2. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    What a downer!:(:poop: On the other hand, it's better to have tried and failed than never bothered (usually ;)) . That Otter must be soft s tuff though as CASE stainless is not exactly diamond hard.

3. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    cigarrodog likes this.
  4. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    I have tried some quite strange mods in my time with knives and even swords. Some were succesfull, some disastrous. This goes to top 5 in stupidity. :confused::poop:

Will Power likes this.
  5. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Jan 14, 2017
    image.jpg

6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    True. Its’ hard pull makes it a bit intimidating...to the user.

Will Power likes this.
  7. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you for your kind comments, Gary! Your GEC 72 looks like a sturdy carry! :thumbsup:

8. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    These two again.

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Wurrwulf, VashHash and 22 others like this.
  9. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Everybody knows that beans will clog up the meat sauce pump. Gas station mini marts let you pump your own meat sauce and “cheese” sauce onto your nachos or hot dog. It comes in a #10 tin can or a heavy plastic bladder with a built in valve for the pump.

But nobody wants that junk in place of real home made chili. ;)

10. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Winter approaches remorselessly ...the clocks went back and I got up an hour early:D Never like getting up whatever the time, likely because I never want to go to sleep;) But, the day was bright,crisp and sunny, albeit a brisk North wind:eek: So I thought to carry something unusual and mellow coloured, GEC 56 Dogleg from the first run. Five Kopeck coin from Katherine the Great is a heavyweight coin indeed!

[​IMG]

TFBraden, RDaneel, Pàdruig and 24 others like this.
  11. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Ummm ... Daylight savings time ends on November 4 ...

Fodderwing and Amir Fleschwund like this.
  12. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Er not in Europe it doesn't :D:D;)

btb01, Wurrwulf and Jack Black like this.
  13. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    I got sea-sick just looking at that picture...

14. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    2014 Harness Jack that I bought from my friend Bob, (Bigbiscut) used it as a worry stone last night cheering for my/our Red Sox. Worked last night, so carrying today/night for same reason:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Spent yesterday in the Bay Area watching my younger son and his high school marching band compete (they won). Then stayed in Santa Clara and visited with my older son. I carried this "campus carry legal" Peanut with me even though it got zero usage.
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, RDaneel, Ratbert and 18 others like this.
  16. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Looks good my friend and I will be having my new Elderberry 14 Cripple Creek with me for my worry stone as I am also for the Red Sox tonight . I have never been for the Dodgers since 1947 .
    [​IMG]
    Harry

17. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    The 78 is a bit plump in the pocket, but great in hand. The coin isn’t a shot (I’m nowhere near good enough for that! :() The quarter is the result of a buddy and I messing around in his shop. I welded a center punch to his press. We turned a handful of quarters into spinning tops for his kids, and my niece & nephew. :)

That’s some nice bone on that Catt! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

RDaneel, Ramrodmb and Fodderwing like this.
  18. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Challenge & Utica yesterday and today. The Utica cut up an egg roll with scalpel like precision. Have no idea why a egg roll needs such precise dissection, but good to know the little knife was up to the task.

TFBraden, kenspen, Ratbert and 16 others like this.
  19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I carried a couple of "free choice" knives this past week in addition to the knives prescribed by my rotation schedule. One free choice was a Rough Rider stag mini trapper:
    stagMT.mark.closed.jpg

The other free choice was a Schrade Walden whittler (thanks, Tsar Bomba):
    [​IMG]

- GT

TFBraden, RDaneel, kenspen and 20 others like this.
  20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I just can't abide chili without beans! Matter of fact my chili has three different kinds of beans AND some more that are mashed up just for good measure. :D I love Texas but now that I know their chili doesn't have beans in it... well... that makes em suspect. :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Will that knife ought to have it's own museum. Seriously, are you required to have a permit to own such a grand bladed weapon of magnificent beauty? You never cease to wow me with your hardware. :cool:

Will Power, dc50 and Amir Fleschwund like this.