What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Commendable couple of knives, Tom; you sure make that Rough Rider amber jigged bone look desirable!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

My Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone canoe. It's the first canoe I ever handled, and it started an addiction that I can't escape!
lj6z6mS.jpg

My Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Mohawk stag canoe from AG Russell (Böker made??):
gSG6VtL.jpg

Thanks GT, nice pair of boats :) :thumbsup:

Stellar pairing Tom :thumbsup:

Palo Santo and Ebony today for me :) The Maserin Sodbuster in D2 was a kind gift from @Padruig, I received yesterday, together with some other gifts, a couple of which are shown with my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

F4U7KQC.jpg

kNpEiyn.jpg

Thanks Jack, cool pairing yourself and great pics :thumbsup:

Didn't realize this pic was so dark when I snapped it last night, hopefully it shows up ok. Happy Friday!

L6nRaKS.jpg

Thanks Jack, cool pairing yourself and great pics :thumbsup:

Didn't realize this pic was so dark when I snapped it last night, hopefully it shows up ok. Happy Friday!

L6nRaKS.jpg

Thanks Tom, another great pairing there today :) :thumbsup:

While doing some late Fall yard clean up and lawn winterizing, I noticed pesky vines (English ivy, Virginia Creeper, and wild grape) snaking up some of our hickories. Having recently lost one of those beautiful trees, I'm not taking this lightly. The vines die today!! This couple of Sabres will be with me in this battle.

dpjFwOu.jpg

- Stuart

Happy Friday!

L6nRaKS.jpg

Love your A.G. Scout!!!! Great combo.

I finally got the micarta 77 clip up and running today. The main blade had a little bit of play, so I had to take it to the work bench for a small adjustment. Boy was that a different experience from my previous work with nickel silver bolsters. It was a lot more work, peening the pivot pin and sanding the bolsters down smooth. Definitely worth it though. No more blade play, and both blades still have great walk and talk. This knife is built to last.

RobEJCfh.jpg

Thanks Tom, another great pairing there today :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!

Love your A.G. Scout!!!! Great combo.

I finally got the micarta 77 clip up and running today. The main blade had a little bit of play, so I had to take it to the work bench for a small adjustment. Boy was that a different experience from my previous work with nickel silver bolsters. It was a lot more work, peening the pivot pin and sanding the bolsters down smooth. Definitely worth it though. No more blade play, and both blades still have great walk and talk. This knife is built to last.

RobEJCfh.jpg

Thanks Buzz! Outstanding Barlow, I think I would be terrified to attempt that kind of repair :)

Back