What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

TOIZoMn.jpg

Black box for today.

You are a good brother-in-law, Ron. I admit being a bit squeamish when you said that you were carrying a sharp blade to visit him yesterday for kidney stones. I hope that carry and today's are for moral support and not "a little helpful cuttin' to help things along".

Nice selection, Jeff.

A handsome old fella, Gev.

I. too, am totin' an old throwback this Thursday: Case 51 trapper from 1905-1920.

MRX4WBz.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks for the compliment Stuart! No cutting involved by me or the staff! If I had that big blade to show him I could probably scare that stone out of him!

Splendid knife to help you cope with a sorry situation, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope he passed the stones relatively quickly.
Thanks Gary!

Thank you very much Dylan :) Terrific pic of your 44 :thumbsup:

Compelling capture of captivating coal/crimson combo, Dylan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, fellas, for the kind compliments.

Hospital duty again today. There’s a blood clot in his leg. I’m totin this buttery smooth Ebony Churchhill as a worry stone.

43955486184_43b38c304c_b_d.jpg

Best wishes for you and your family, Ron. Hoping for no further complications and a speedy recovery.
Aside from the worrisome family news, you are sporting a terrific knife. Certainly a favorite of mine.

Carrying these two, without any patina. :confused:
View attachment 1012862

It is rather odd to see your knives without the expected patina. ;) Great duo, all the same!

View attachment 1012901

The Exchange is a blessing and a curse. You come away with prizes like this Soupbone, but you pay dearly!

You've scored a beauty, my friend. I told Charlie in person that the red soup bones are easily my favorite TC out there in the wild.

41887492660_f919b9f437_h.jpg

Case amber bone SS medium stockman again. I don't ever get tired of this one!

You have excellent taste. I might have to dig an A. Fuente out of my humidor for an evening smoke. The knife isn't too shabby either.

Well, I was just carrying the AC Lambsfoot today but then Lyle's exceptional SFO landed in my mailbox and I had to put it right in the pocket.

HGw33nl.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, fellas, for the kind compliments.

Best wishes for you and your family, Ron. Hoping for no further complications and a speedy recovery.
Aside from the worrisome family news, you are sporting a terrific knife. Certainly a favorite of mine.

It is rather odd to see your knives without the expected patina. ;) Greta duo, all the same!

You've scored a beauty, my friend. I told Charlie in person that the red soup bones are easily my favorite TC out there in the wild.

You have excellent taste. I might have to dig an A. Fuente out of my humidor for an evening smoke. The knife isn't too shabby either.

Well, I was just carrying the AC Lambsfoot today but then Lyle's exceptional SFO landed in my mailbox and I had to put it right in the pocket.
Two very nice knives my friend and a very well done photo .:):):thumbsup:

Both yesterday and today, when I posted my "multi-quote masterpieces" admiring all the fine knives posted here, I neglected to actually post what I'm totin' today (and all week, as is my custom). :eek::(:thumbsdown: So I'll do that now before I hit the sack.
My Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone canoe. It's the first canoe I ever handled, and it started an addiction that I can't escape!
lj6z6mS.jpg

My Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Mohawk stag canoe from AG Russell (Böker made??):
gSG6VtL.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Belknap Blue Grass Barlow:
mgXcUih.jpg

Peanutish Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider baby copperhead:
Scgy0XH.jpg

- GT

That is gorgeous my friend.

25fpz89.jpg

Uh.... It thinks its a lady leg:confused:
David that is too cool a pic! :D

The Exchange is a blessing and a curse. You come away with prizes like this Soupbone, but you pay dearly!
Don't matter what you paid Greg. You did good. WOW

This 78 today and it is one of the best F&F GEC's that I have . My first and only Turtle Shell Acrylic also .
Harry that is stunning my friend. You captured the depth.

TOIZoMn.jpg

Black box for today.
I love Black Box Winchesters and that's a real beauty. Don't you love the jigging?:)

A good knife day today. I'd kept a look out for this one and finally one appeared on the exchange, thanks Dan:thumbsup: a 2013, 48 with old tan jigged bone covers:cool:
Dang Paul your knives have unbelievable jigging one after another.

My Lick Creek from Lyle arrived today also
Spectacular. Can't wait for my eagle to land! :)

Both yesterday and today, when I posted my "multi-quote masterpieces" admiring all the fine knives posted here, I neglected to actually post what I'm totin' today (and all week, as is my custom). :eek::(:thumbsdown: So I'll do that now before I hit the sack.
My Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone canoe. It's the first canoe I ever handled, and it started an addiction that I can't escape!
Gary I love seeing your knives! Especially the canoes. :cool: All are wonderful!

Dang Paul your knives have unbelievable jigging one after another.

Spectacular. Can't wait for my eagle to land! :)

Thanks Dwight, I have been lucky of late;) You will love your Eagle my friend, it is such a terrific little knife and actually not so little being a two blade:thumbsup: I love everything about Lyle's sfo, the long pull, threaded bolster, awesome bone covers , bar shield and the tang stamp is soooooo:cool::thumbsup:

Back