What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

5K Qs 5K Qs GT a fine disparate array - Toledo, Big Daddy, H&R canoe and a lamb foot - very nice
...View attachment 1012369View attachment 1012370
Thanks, Dwight. :) That Olsen and the brass (?) Winchester are rare and remarkable! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Tomorrow is All Saints Day, but we're going to the graveyards today already, since it's a holiday too (Reformation Day). Carrying a large stockman in case I have to cut something at the grave. Will update once there.

co2Wurj.jpg
That stockman is worthy of celebration, too!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that a Schrade? Fabulous jigging! When I was a child, because of our religious heritage, we always celebrated Reformation Day rather than Halloween.

Thanks. That's the Kutmaster Schizoid jack, blue side up, in bad light as usual.
I like the Kudu. ... CS made a bigger one, but I haven't seen it lately. Eland?
I should have recognized Schizoid Jack, even if I didn't see the blue (or the red); thanks for the info. :thumbsup::cool: I've heard of the Eland, but don't think I've ever seen one; it's a challenge for me to conceive of a bigger folder than the Kudu (light, but LONG)! :eek:

@Fodderwing Thanks Dwight. That 510 certainly is no slouch. I've got two of the 511's thanks to Stuart @Duckdog and Brian @Itsmebsh, but for the definitive collection check out Brian's photos.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/olsen-ok-knives.1602491View attachment 1012384
That pair is way more than OK, Alan!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: This MI boy is always proud to see those MI knives! :cool::)

Happy Halloween:eek::eek:! Care of @btb01 :cool:

6NRAH1X.jpg
That's impressive and entertaining!! :thumbsup::cool::)

Some zebra wood for Wednesday, and a gifted scout knife (thanks GT :) ).

cah7Pma.jpg
Commendable couple of knives, Tom; you sure make that Rough Rider amber jigged bone look desirable!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Got a call early this morning. My brother-in-law was going to the ER with kidney stones! :eek: I grabbed Biscuit and dropped it in my pocket as I headed out the door. Setting in a hospital room ain’t my idea of a fun filled Wednesday, but we do what we have to for family! :thumbsup:

44048395751_936186b576_b_d.jpg
Splendid knife to help you cope with a sorry situation, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope he passed the stones relatively quickly.

Very nice selection, especially like the first and the last !
Camillus #67 today

k6aGVv4h.jpg
Thanks, Steve. :) Another fantastic photo from you, showing off the delectable golden brown covers characteristic of so many of your knives! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Behold the Lamb(sfoot)! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I got home late yesterday after being in South Dakota since last Friday, hunting pheasants. The weather was great, and the pheasants were plentiful and wild!! ...
78OO02L.jpg

- Stuart
Welcome back, Stuart; glad to hear that you has an enjoyable trip! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the on-site pics, too. :thumbsup::cool: Your pair of imported knives are appealing! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you for your comment, Gary. You have a nice group of knives for this week, as always I particularly like your Remington Barlow. :thumbsup:
I carried my favorite Barlow on the hike today.

Thanks for the kudos for my Remington Big Barlow, and right back at you for the Ancient! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm glad you spotted my cunning plan in pairing those two GT ;) :D :thumbsup:
Jack, I may usually be an unwitting mark for all manner of scammers, but every now and then, I notice the patterns in my surroundings! :rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

Thank you. I was trying to thin it down like a Coghlan, and afraid of splitting off too much.
Interesting! :thumbsup::cool: I wonder if I could use a V-gouge to replicate peachseed jigging on an Opinel? :confused:;)

as do you, my friend. :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
Thanks, Dave (he types with an "Aw, shucks" tone in his fingers :rolleyes:). :)

I think I do too Gary!! ;) :D
;):thumbsup::cool:

I have not seen any other serrated trappers, and while I think it would be great at it’s intended use, I can attest it works well for slicing a dinner roll!

I had not thought of the DGT implications!
While it relates to how I got it, it’s in homage to a little Colorado mtn town that holds an annual Dead Guy Festival (Actually, it's Frozen Dead Guy Festival) in honor of a guy they found frozen after the spring thaw.:oops:
I can believe that trapper would be a great table knife. :thumbsup::cool: Thanks for all the interesting Dead Guy info; who knew?? :confused::thumbsup:;)

Thanks Gary, I agree, Primble was picture perfect:thumbsup:
:thumbsup::)

Passing on the tradition to my son... He's not an artist, but it was a lot of fun!!!
You're a good dad, John! :cool::thumbsup::)

Of course today of all days it is my Orange Bull Nose

Vt4HEyD.jpg
Great choice, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I had planned to carry a tortoise shell canoe for yesterday, but forgot to grab it before I left the house. :(

Today : TEW Lambfoot and 78

Harry
Marvelous duo, Harry; that checkered bone 2-blade 78 is the stuff dreams are made of! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

That stockman is worthy of celebration, too!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that a Schrade? Fabulous jigging! When I was a child, because of our religious heritage, we always celebrated Reformation Day rather than Halloween.

- GT

Thanks GT! You're right, it's a Schrade with their famous peachseed jigging. Most Christians in my country are Catholics because all Protestants had to convert or migrate elsewhere during the Counterreformation, so only a small community remained until today in a region that used to be ruled by Hungary as they had religious freedom back then. But we all honour and remember those first Protestant men who gave us Slovenes our first printed books in our language, translated the Bible and many many other important things. Halloween isn't really celebrated here at all. Parents like to carve a jack'o'lantern for their kids and some college students might dress up for a maskenball party at a club or so. No trick or treat though. We still preffer Carnival for maskerade. November 1st is basically our remembrance day when we put flowers and ikebanas (and light waaaaay too many candles) on the graves of our ancestors, relatives and friends and spend some time with the ones that are still alive over some food and drinks. The President and Prime Minister honour the dead from ww1, ww2 and 1991 with all the pomp associated with it (which is only right imo), but primarily it's civilian in nature. :)

Back