What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks, Paul! :thumbsup:
The ball was given to me by my Grandpa John, 35 years ago, when I was 12. He had gotten the ball when he was 11, (1922) while attending the game. Pitt. vs. New York
The writing reads:
"Last ball in game, Pitts. vs. New York, Polo grounds, Sunday July 30th, 1922."
I am not sure what 'Last ball in game' means, but, it's a family heirloom!:)
That is so :cool: Mark, love that stuff:thumbsup:

Today I've been carrying a few, but this 15 has been in the pocket every day for a week with or without rivals. It likes getting stuck in :D Patina is progressing, prepping a few Kentucky Mules has helped ;) Great drink too!

XmPJoKx.jpg

I'm going to be taking lots of pictures of my new Lick Creek, since that lovely blade etch will soon be lost to patina.
I'm carrying it, along with the wee sambar lambsfoot, and an Old Cutler (a kind gift from @Rupestris ). :cool::thumbsup:
zUOKSoW.jpg

XDbx0qI.jpg

Oh, and in Austin, Texas tradition, a critter wandered into the shot.
zCMVLDg.jpg

Nicely filled pockets Rachel :thumbsup:

Cool pic Mark :) Cool story behind your heirloom baseball too :thumbsup:

Yeah, where are the "Guns & Ammo" and "Texas Highways"? And "Blade" magazine?

If it doesn't have a country gal leaning against a generator on the back cover, I don't want to read it! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Here's a memory for you, @Prester John!
Big time Pittsburgh fan here. My dad took me and my cousins to at least one game in that series. I was 10 years old.
1Y0TB7W.jpg

:cool: :thumbsup:

My other knives come and go on rotation but this one has faithfully stayed with me. It’s been either this Weck along with another knife or just by itself. Today it’s just this one Weck by itself again.

Stunning pic :thumbsup:

Yeah, where are the "Guns & Ammo" and "Texas Highways"? And "Blade" magazine?
When my best friend's wife owned and ran her own hair salon she had a lot of male clients as well. So me and her husband would supply our old 4Wheeler, JP ( jeep mag, we both had jeeps then) shotgunner news, several different gun and hunting magazines to her tables and magazine rack. She always said the guys either there for themselves or waiting on a wife REALLY appreciated them. Also this was before everyone was glued nose first to a smart phone lol.
Edit: knife content, technically carried them from about lunch time, when I bought'em ;)
1103181622b.jpg

Thanks for that, GT!
So, am I correct assuming that Max Carey or Reb Russell must have hit this ball? They were the only 2 with HR's in that game? Is there a way to find out who hit the last HR in the 9th? Anyone who can decipher all those stats?
Knife content:)
o2KrNQl.jpg
Mark, since the game was at the Polo Grounds, and the Giants lost, they would have batted in the bottom of the 9th inning and the "last ball in the game" would have never left the playing field. That's kind of puzzling to me. We can tell from the PA (plate appearances) column that Tierney made the last out in the top of the 9th for the Pirates, but just from the box score I don't think it's possible to pin down exactly when Carey and Russell hit their home runs (but maybe I'm missing something). One thing that grabbed my attention in the box score, though, was what a day the Pirates pitcher had!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Morrison pitched a 9-inning complete game shutout, and as a batter, he went 4 for 4 with a double!

- GT

Sumptuous !!!
Thank you!:D

I love Black Box Winchesters and that's a real beauty. Don't you love the jigging?:)

I do! Newer GEC & Queen jigged bone looks nice, but it’s too regular, too obviously machined. The newer stuff really doesn’t hold a candle to the Black Box Winchesters.

CcPTkbe.jpg

This guy went with me to my mom’s place to help replace her kitchen sink.

Back