What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

These two have been constant companions since I got them

p1010835-jpg.618270

Hospital duty again today. There’s a blood clot in his leg. I’m totin this buttery smooth Ebony Churchhill as a worry stone.

43955486184_43b38c304c_b_d.jpg
Holy Hospital Vigil! :eek: You're a good man, Ron; I hope the docs get him fixed up soon. :thumbsup::thumbsup: That Churchill is a healthy knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Something from Churchill to keep in mind for election day:
"A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen."

Holy Hounds of Hades! :eek: Great photo, Travman Travman ; that gunstock certainly is NOT a dog! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

The pile side of "Runt"...
Holy Piles of Antler! :eek: I like that "distressed" stag look, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

High Carbon four blade cattle and ten dot slimline trapperView attachment 1012764
Holy Cow! :eek: That cattle knife is sweet, Jeff; no bull! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Rainy day today, fortunately I have ye olde scratted Ancient in my pocket.

Hallelujah! :eek: Fantastic to see your scratted bone Ancient again, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I. too, am totin' an old throwback this Thursday: Case 51 trapper from 1905-1920.

MRX4WBz.jpg

- Stuart
Heavens to Betsy! :eek: That bony slim trapper is stellar, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And a picture of my daughter and I 'trick or treating' last night.

6ZAUpsVh.jpg
Holy Halloween, Batman Buzz! :eek: You and your daughter redlined the Costume-O-Meter!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Craftsman Barlow by Utica

VCo4gUYh.jpg
Holy Where America Shops! :eek: Commendable Craftsman Barlow, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs They're not the only good things to come out of MI. GO BLUE!
Holy Hail to the Victors Valiant! :eek: After the PSU game, I'm now on the bandwagon, too! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Holy Home for the Holidays! :eek: Welcome back to The Porch, Dee! :):thumbsup: Praiseworthy pairs right there; are those both #99s in second pic? :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have Mercy! :eek: Total stunner, Nick! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks GT! You're right, it's a Schrade with their famous peachseed jigging. ...
Holy Halls of History! :eek: Thanks for the interesting info about some of the historical factors that shaped you culture! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1012901

The Exchange is a blessing and a curse. You come away with prizes like this Soupbone, but you pay dearly!
Heck Fire!! :eek: That flaming find is well worth the cost, Leslie! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

5.5" blade, discontinued.
Heavens to Murgatroyd! :eek: That's one large antelope! Thanks for the info, Jer. :)

41887492660_f919b9f437_h.jpg

Case amber bone SS medium stockman again. I don't ever get tired of this one!
Holy Smokes! :eek: Gorgeous stockman, Vince; definitely has staying power! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TOIZoMn.jpg

Black box for today.
Holy Raven Receptacles! :eek: Glorious Black Box penknife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Well, I was just carrying the AC Lambsfoot today but then Lyle's exceptional SFO landed in my mailbox and I had to put it right in the pocket.

HGw33nl.jpg
Holy Size Comparison! :eek: Congrats on a fetching brace of knives, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I didn't realize how small the #14 is until seeing it next to your AC Lambsfoot.

That's a beauty GT.
Thanks, John. :)

Gary I love seeing your knives! Especially the canoes. :cool: All are wonderful!
Thanks for your prolific praise, Dwight. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs GT Your fancy stag canoe is real niiiiice.
Thanks, Nick; I won't argue with you at all. ;):thumbsup:

Nice to see more of your carries my large pocketed friend :) :thumbsup:
Palo Santo and Ebony today for me :) The Maserin Sodbuster in D2 was a kind gift from @Padruig, I received yesterday, together with some other gifts, a couple of which are shown with my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :):D Congrats on the box of goodness from Dylan!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

...I’m going to the big knife show in Pigeon Forge this weekend. I’ve got a beautiful Stag 14 and an Ebony 14 TC waiting there for me. It should be a great trip. :)

View attachment 1013244
Fiery Forges of Hades! :eek: Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned, Ron; congrats on the new knives!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, nice pair of boats :) :thumbsup:
L6nRaKS.jpg
Holy Oak Fruit! :eek: That AG Russell scout is sublime, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for the good word on my canoes. :)

Hot Dang! :eek: That's a ravishing knife, Gev! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Black Friday. Dark and gloomy few days in Northeastern Ohio but the sun is starting to peek through.
Heavenly Sunshine!! :eek: Clever and striking photo, Ken, featuring superb knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider Copperhead:
stagCH.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Mark, since the game was at the Polo Grounds, and the Giants lost, they would have batted in the bottom of the 9th inning and the "last ball in the game" would have never left the playing field. That's kind of puzzling to me. We can tell from the PA (plate appearances) column that Tierney made the last out in the top of the 9th for the Pirates, but just from the box score I don't think it's possible to pin down exactly when Carey and Russell hit their home runs (but maybe I'm missing something). One thing that grabbed my attention in the box score, though, was what a day the Pirates pitcher had!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Morrison pitched a 9-inning complete game shutout, and as a batter, he went 4 for 4 with a double!

- GT
What also struck me was that Casey Stengel had a 375 average, and was batting 7th!

Edit: somehow my remarks appear above, looking like the post I was quoting and replying to. My comment begins with: "Pretty cool souvenir."

That is so :cool: Mark, love that stuff:thumbsup:

......Cool pic Mark :) Cool story behind your heirloom baseball too :thumbsup:..........
Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Mark, since the game was at the Polo Grounds, and the Giants lost, they would have batted in the bottom of the 9th inning and the "last ball in the game" would have never left the playing field. That's kind of puzzling to me. We can tell from the PA (plate appearances) column that Tierney made the last out in the top of the 9th for the Pirates, but just from the box score I don't think it's possible to pin down exactly when Carey and Russell hit their home runs (but maybe I'm missing something). One thing that grabbed my attention in the box score, though, was what a day the Pirates pitcher had!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Morrison pitched a 9-inning complete game shutout, and as a batter, he went 4 for 4 with a double!

- GT
Thanks for helping me make some sense of it! And pointing out that was quite a pitching game for Morrison!

Creation of Mania....

KLW8rSR.jpg
Beautiful Ram horn!:cool: Glad you were able to connect with one. I hope you enjoy the knife as much as I do!:thumbsup:

cnqlwAO.jpg

Last edited:
A nice, USA made brown bone stockman.

jHRRotF.jpg
Nice Stockman, Jeff! I’ve never seen that brand before. Is it an older knife, current production, or custom? ? Carbon or stainless? The bone is beautiful, both the color and the jigging! -Lance

Have a great Sunday folks :) :thumbsup:

MJqL25h.jpg

qBONzDq.jpg
Two classics there Jack.
Holy Hospital Vigil!
Holy Hounds of Hades!
Holy Piles of Antler!
Holy Cow!
Holy Halloween, Batman
Holy Where America Shops!
Holy Hail to the Victors Valiant!
Holy Home for the Holidays!
Holy Halls of History!
Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Holy Smokes!
Holy Raven Receptacles!
Holy Size Comparison!
Holy Oak Fruit!
- GT
Holy Moly that was fun to read. I especially enjoyed the Robin and Pink Panther references.
Also, thanks for the kind words about "Runt", he's feeling better about himself every day. :D

Thank you!:D

I do! Newer GEC & Queen jigged bone looks nice, but it’s too regular, too obviously machined. The newer stuff really doesn’t hold a candle to the Black Box Winchesters.

CcPTkbe.jpg

This guy went with me to my mom’s place to help replace her kitchen sink.

Spaten Spaten we all spend big money on certain brands and customs from GEC to Tony Bose but at the end of the day it's just hard to beat a USA made Buck. They're just really well made workhorses that have proved themselves through the test of time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday folks :) :thumbsup:

MJqL25h.jpg

qBONzDq.jpg

@Jack Black I'm glad to see that 15 get some pocket time my friend.

Back