What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'm back home and recovering from an invigorating (though venison-free) deer hunting trip, so I grabbed this off the top of the wood pile for today's totin' - a Miller Bros. cigar from 1872-1926.

1UzkffZ.jpg

45vL8gs.jpg

I'm still wading through the posts since my Sunday departure (whew!) and there have been some very fine knives and comments posted. Thanks for sharing.
- Stuart

Despite the fact that it's a day shrouded by freezing fog...I wish I could go out for a walk but instead, cooped up at work:rolleyes: Still, it's healthy to dream and I would take this old companion with me, GEC from 08.

g7q4kH5.jpg
Love it Will. Real real kniiiice!!

@5K Qs Thanks GT, hard to beat old Case’s. I dig the kinda Sabre-ish ground blades on your Buck canoe.

Just this yeller birdseye. No need for more.

Grabbed this going out the door this morning. Why can't GEC (or somebody) offer a blade like this any more?

U2sEZry.jpg

It's not quite as long and slender, but Moore maker has some Turkish clip main blade stockman knives. And the wharncliff and main open right handed also, a big plus I find.

Splendid Böker Barlow; the jigged bone covers seem less common than sawcut ones! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plain canoe this week for me is a Rough Rider in gunstock checkered bone (thanks, Will):
tIlxC93.jpg

Fancy canoe is a Buck stag:
438EKkA.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Gary. Very attractive canoes you are carrying this week! :thumbsup:

Bewitching brown pair, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Plain canoe this week for me is a Rough Rider in gunstock checkered bone (thanks, Will):
tIlxC93.jpg

Fancy canoe is a Buck stag:
438EKkA.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT! Nice pair of boats you are totin' this week :thumbsup:, looks like some fine edges on them as well.

Excellent pairing Tom :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! Likewise for you today, how do you like the santos wood on the plow?

Gevonovich Gevonovich Thanks Gev! A shadow stockman is a basic no frills but essential and classic pattern I feel. With the clip, sheepsfoot and spey blades(not like I’m gonna do any speying), it’s pretty much all one would need for their cutting chores. And it’s yeller too! I’m really loving your KC yeller lockback the more I see it. What a great unique pattern. The sleeveboard is one of my favorite patterns.

Love the scales on this seahorse
View attachment 1020390

I do too, I love splitbacks and that pattern is perfect for whittling too. Your knife MHjk2 is stunning and a beautiful pic to boot. :)

It's a Stockman. I love the sunk joints, thin blades, and low profile. This is what I judge others of this pattern against. And most come up short...

I’m a sucker for sunken joints, I’m not fond of sharp edges anywhere other than where they’re supposed to be. ;)

That smooth bone jack is my second favorite of your rehabbed knives, next to the old Union Knifeworks moose.

Thanks r8shell, they’re 2 of my favorites too. I think I’m gonna do another rescue this winter and shoot pics for a tutorial instead of just doing it and wishing I’d taken pics after the fact.

Back