What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Gevonovich Gevonovich Thanks Gev! A shadow stockman is a basic no frills but essential and classic pattern I feel. With the clip, sheepsfoot and spey blades(not like I’m gonna do any speying), it’s pretty much all one would need for their cutting chores. And it’s yeller too! I’m really loving your KC yeller lockback the more I see it. What a great unique pattern. The sleeveboard is one of my favorite patterns.
I agree, a stockman is a must have in anyone's collection. I just spent hours looking for another KCLBW and nothing ! I did find a birdseye, but it does not sing like yours ;)

BTW...I carried a yellow Case stockman all thru my youth..it's in my " Get me home" bag I always carry on the road ;):)

Here's a pic

8072049538_e98bf2280d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gary! :)

I for one am getting just a wee bit excited for the 82's! :D I am especially excited about the two blade model. In my opinion it will be a jewel of a knife! :cool: Totin' these two today! :thumbsup:

42075829004_3d32b3d2b5_b.jpg

Great to see working Dixie Ron! The Osage enhances the patina very satisfyingly. Just hoping I can get a couple from the forthcoming run, my dealer pretty non-committal about the likelihood though..

Regards, Will

Didja cut the rope?

:) You know, I wasn't even tempted as people were walking across at the time.

Great looking Barlow, Dean! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dee!

BTW...I carried a yellow Case stockman all thru my youth..it's in my " Get me home" bag I always carry on the road ;):)

Here's a pic

8072049538_e98bf2280d_b.jpg

Classic knife and a gorgeous pic, Gev!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Neat Northwood 'Nife, Dee. The natural bone just adds to the class factor. :):thumbsup:

Love the scales on this seahorse
View attachment 1020390
Me too!
It's a Stockman. I love the sunk joints, thin blades, and low profile. This is what I judge others of this pattern against. And most come up short...
I usually look for a big clip main in a Stockman, but that Robie is intriguing.
It looks like it would do well at fileting fish or slicing the ham at the church potluck- all those things I carry a trapper or fish knife for. Just don’t tell the church ladies about the fish.
A little Snakewood for wooden Wednesday. It’s cold and crisp out today the day before the storm so I figured I’d take out a couple of favorites. On the bottom, custom Ray Cover Sr. Drop Point with ATS34 blade, stainless hardware, with dovetailed Snakewood Scales. (This is one of my favorite slipjoints, factory or custom and one of my top 5 knives all around.)

Top knife is a 100 y/o Graeff & Schmidt smoothbone Jack Knife I rescued from the scrap pile.
xBissYLh.jpg
I’d like to hear what all you had to do to bring that fine jack back from the scrap heap, if you get time!
I'm back home and recovering from an invigorating (though venison-free) deer hunting trip, so I grabbed this off the top of the wood pile for today's totin' - a Miller Bros. cigar from 1872-1926.

1UzkffZ.jpg

45vL8gs.jpg

I'm still wading through the posts since my Sunday departure (whew!) and there have been some very fine knives and comments posted. Thanks for sharing.
- Stuart
It’s not the gettin, it’s the going, right?
What a great old jack knife.
Love it Will. Real real kniiiice!!

@5K Qs
Just this yeller birdseye. No need for more.
Exactly how I feel when I grab a Stockman.
Nice!

I'm back home and recovering from an invigorating (though venison-free) deer hunting trip, so I grabbed this off the top of the wood pile for today's totin' - a Miller Bros. cigar from 1872-1926.

1UzkffZ.jpg

45vL8gs.jpg

I'm still wading through the posts since my Sunday departure (whew!) and there have been some very fine knives and comments posted. Thanks for sharing.
- Stuart

That's a beauty Stuart !

That's a beauty. Looks like a perfect woodsmans knife.

Thank you, my friend, it is certainly a stout blade and a quality knife overall.

This one has been finding its way into my pocket the last several days...

Fantastic picture! Belongs in a magazine.

Hope you had a great time Dylan, I'm envious, fantastic time to be in the woods :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I had a terrific time! And yes, it is indeed the perfect time of year to be wandering about in the woods. Great to see that Big 'Un and the Plow, I hope you have been well. I'll tune into the Guardians thread soon and catch up.

Taking the pupper for her morning walk.
View attachment 1020386

I'd pay money to have the views you get to enjoy every day. Always a pleasure to see. The snow might get old though... :D

Fancy canoe is a Buck stag:
438EKkA.jpg

A fine looking Buck Canoe, GT. Is that Stag, of a sort?

1UzkffZ.jpg

45vL8gs.jpg

- Stuart

I know the pain of going home empty handed from a hunt but the woods time usually does a great job at salving my disappointment. Glad to have you back here though and with a beautiful knife!

Nice! I like the way you think. I’ve got a rosewood lambsfoot with me today, too. :)

tvIJhOxh.jpg

You've captured that grain beautifully, Greg!

I hold an office job and my office happens to be in my home so I usually have abundant access to my collection throughout the day. That being said, I have found that there are some days where just one knife will suffice and so I decided to have this little guy inhabit my pocket today. Despite being on the small side, it is handsome, robust, and very well made. A delight, really.

IN4vBiR.jpg

Back