What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I thought these two would be perfect to carry for Christmas Eve and Christmas.

45537792605_173f4cff40_b.jpg

Last edited:
Some VERY nice selections!:thumbsup:

A Festival of light during the Dark Yuletide:thumbsup:

Bone looks good enough to chew ;) If you get my irreverent wording :D Kind of like crisp Goose skin or Turkey :D

Thanks, guys. Yes, Will - tasty!

Just arrived, a Frank Buster Fight'n Rooster Whittler in Stag:thumbsup: Carbon blades with a nice stamp on the MASSIVE Sheepfoot:eek::thumbsup: accompanied with a cool pen and coping blade:thumbsup:

Devil, get thee behind me!!! Sheepfoot? That's a hawkbill in hiding! Beautiful, Paul, in all respects.

This E Weck today. Bone covers differ from mark and pile sides.

I have a few like that, Nick. I surmised that it was from being rubbed like a worry stone, but why one side, I have no clue.

Northwoods auditioning for its role as a vacation carry.

Remember, Alan, where you go, stainless is painless.

I thought the two would be perfect to carry for Christmas Eve and Christmas.

You are correct (though they'd be perfect at anytime).

- Stuart

Gary, I thank you very much, and Camillus thanks you as well! For Sowbelly Sunday, my glennbad modified "Beerbelly" Case, along with my red alox Cadet.

OyLsjxg.jpg
What an inspired idea your Beerbelly is, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool:;)

I liked seeing your slot cars, GT! :thumbsup: I had some from the early 80's but don't know where they got to.
Thanks, Mark; I wonder if the transformer to power the track still works. ;)

And Merry Christmas to the finest bunch of folks I know here on the porch....
Dwight, the image in your first post and the text in your second combine for a sublime "Christmas card"!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT! Liking your yeller knives!
Thanks, Nick; I'm quite pleased with my first carbon steel Rough Riders. :)

Thanks, GT, and I was pleased to see your quotidian quartet posted earlier. I like consistent consistency.
- Stuart
If we're doing some "double speak", Stuart, let me say that I'm pleased to please you. :rolleyes::thumbsup::cool:

Maybe one of those questions the consideration of which leads not to edification.
To quote David Hilbert, the famous German turn-of-the-20th-century mathematician, "Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen" ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

No chance of that, GT. I would have passed on this year's forum knife if it had not ticked off all the boxes. I knew exactly what I'd be getting and knew it was something I would want to carry and use, and at a great price. I doubt something like that is going to roll around again for me any time soon.
I admire the way you keep your priorities straight, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I do not know for sure. It doesn't have a pattern number, so it may be a mod. If so, you can't tell.

Almost as well as you apparently :cool:
Thanks for the info on your fascinating half-stockman, John. :thumbsup::cool: My Trek knowledge is quite spotty. I remembered the Byron poem applied to Uhura, but I had the misconception that it was the translation of her Swahili name. :( I wouldn't be surprised if you could give me a plot synopsis of the episode in which the phrase occurred, as well as the character who spoke it, and what planet/civilization he represented! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the kind words my friend :) I'm not sure I'll carry the Forum Knife much, but I wanted to order one to say thanks to @skblades, and I am very grateful for @r8shell's assistance in getting hold of a nice one :thumbsup:

Can't you take me Dollar before Sterling drops anymore GT?! :confused: :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Christmas Eve! Wow, doesn't seem like 2 minutes since the last one! :eek: I hope that everyone has a lovely time. I've got friends and family visiting, but not until later (it's not 8.00am here yet). Treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) :thumbsup:
Sorry GT, I accidentally snipped this out of my quote above! :rolleyes: Thanks for the info, I went and found your old post about them in the RR thread. They're not available here yet, but I'm sure they will be. A welcome addition :thumbsup:
@skblades handled everything admirably!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Jack, I feel your financial pain as the stock market shrank my "nest egg" substantially here in the early days of my "golden years"! :(:thumbsdown::eek::rolleyes:
Your ebony and AC are very festive!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I'm surprised that the carbon steel RRs haven't arrived in UK yet, although I don't remember how long they've been sold in US; I think I've considered buying a couple for quite some time. Glad I finally did, and plan to get more! :thumbsup::p

PjTMp2d.jpg

I92wNZh.jpg

Merry Christmas & New Year to all here!

The Hare was snapped in the December twilight in the garden in town and is my Christmas card this year.

The other two are the carry for Christmas Eve.

Regards, Will
Excellent, Will! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: My wife REALLY enjoyed your Hare photo!! (Arctic Hare?)

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks GT, its part of a series called Backwoods Bushcrafter, its 3.5" closed. The model number is RR1846.View attachment 1042815Looks like I'm in the Buck Canoe Cult to;)
Thanks for the RR info, David, and as for a canoe cult, the more, the merrier! :):thumbsup::cool:

:thumbsup::D Perfectly Seasonal, Dennis!! :cool::thumbsup:

This Small Coke Bottle knife has found its way into me heart in just one day. Since it's arrival on Saturday, I just can't find any fault with it. Yeah, the shadow bone is Way Cool, but also the fit and finish is flawless with zero gaps and perfectly centered blades, and it's a perfect blade selection (clip/pen). To top it off, the pulls on both blades are equal on both sides, a perfect pull weight, solid half stops, wicked 'snap', and they don't bother my arthritis at all. I struggled with deciding whether to display this knife or carry and use it. But when all is said and done, how could I not throw this in my pocket.

Glad to hear that you're so pleased with that rare little shadow coke bottle, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

... I'm totin' light today: a Schatt & Morgan equal end pen (1902-1928 and a Queen #21 equal end pen (which Queen sometimes cataloged as a sleeveboard, but it looks like a senator to me, 1945-1955).
7U1VJGg.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll have ribbon cutting and box opening, cigar clipping, and champagne foil cutting, so I'm stepping up to some toothpicks: a Queen City Texas toothpick (1925-1932) and a Queen City Tiny toothpick (1922-1945), just for cigar clippin'.
KxMxcRs.jpg

- Stuart
What an exquisite pair of equal end pens for today, and two terrific toothpicks for Christmas, Stuart!!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Reminds me of lines from an old hymn: "Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow. Blessings all mine, and ten thousand beside!")

...We will be super busy today and even more so tomorrow, so here is the carry for Christmas day. My Fiancée's carry is on the left. Its been in her pocket since the day it came in the post. I plan to carry the 85, seems festive to me ;). I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!
45725835994_93f7647cac_b.jpg
Same wishes for you and yours, @Northwestcut! With knives like you and your fiancé are carrying, you must be a VERY attractive couple!! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Merry Christmas All.
Christmas 2018 purchase... Boker/Fox Win581.
View attachment 1042960

EDC knives...Laguiole & Buck 309
View attachment 1042961
Lovely knives, in bunches, as usual, @Aryan29! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Just arrived, a Frank Buster Fight'n Rooster Whittler in Stag:thumbsup: Carbon blades with a nice stamp on the MASSIVE Sheepfoot:eek::thumbsup: accompanied with a cool pen and coping blade:thumbsup:...
VS3p3p.jpg

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Paul, congrats on the F. Buster F. Rooster whittler!! That's an awesome Christmas knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ok, I know I said I was going to carry the Frontier for a couple of days but this Remington Muskrat just arrived.... I think I’m in love:oops:

50265-A0-F-25-AD-4-F86-A0-B6-54-E00-E97-B592.jpg
I can see why some muskrat love struck, @315! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

View attachment 1042998 Merry Christmas Eve to you and yours!
My carry today.
Splendid pair, Taylor, and I hope you and your recently-expanded family enjoy a Happy Christmas and a safe, blessed New Year!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Rotation Day this Christmas Eve! For the next week, I'll be carrying these, among others.
Alox Knife of the Week is a Pruner (thanks, Ken):
SLsVIvr.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Pocket Pal:
HM4uI1R.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider medium stockman in red jigged bone:
VD8sYY8.jpg

International Knife of the Week is my Opignel, a gift from my daughter a couple of years ago:
erS7tez.jpg

Christmas Joy to the World!
- GT

Last edited:
If we're doing some "double speak", Stuart, let me say that I'm pleased to please you. :rolleyes::thumbsup::cool:

It's more akin to repetitious repetitive redundancy, but done over and over again.

What an exquisite pair of equal end pens for today, and two terrific toothpicks for Christmas, Stuart!!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Reminds me of lines from an old hymn: "Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow. Blessings all mine, and ten thousand beside!")

Thanks for those lyrics. That's a fine motto.

Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider medium stockman in red jigged bone:

That's a nice one, GT.

my Opignel

I saw what you did there. The paper wrapper notwithstanding that's no pig in a poke.

= Stuart

Some mighty nice knives have already been posted and I'm just getting my head straight! Luckily, I have light duty today, as most getting ready has been done. Just lighting and maintaining wood fires in two fireplaces and tuning on gas logs in two others (thank goodness that it is cold here). Miss Norma likes the ambiance. Accordingly, I'm totin' light today: a Schatt & Morgan equal end pen (1902-1928 and a Queen #21 equal end pen (which Queen sometimes cataloged as a sleeveboard, but it looks like a senator to me, 1945-1955).

mrFvDS3.jpg

mrFvDS3.jpg

7U1VJGg.jpg

z7slT27.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll have ribbon cutting and box opening, cigar clipping, and champagne foil cutting, so I'm stepping up to some toothpicks: a Queen City Texas toothpick (1925-1932) and a Queen City Tiny toothpick (1922-1945), just for cigar clippin'.

Hhk4zkG.jpg

PzVkLp8.jpg

KxMxcRs.jpg

KxMxcRs.jpg

Merry, merry, folks.
- Stuart
Like your Old knives and I agree on the Senator instead of Sleeveboard . I see no taper to it . Your Toothpicks are both very nice looking . I think that it is a pattern that I am going to have to give some attention to .
Merry Christmas my friend .

Harry

I wouldn't be surprised if you could give me a plot synopsis of the episode in which the phrase occurred, as well as the character who spoke it, and what planet/civilization he represented!
I only remember that Spock said it to Ohura. I fail :(

Decorated Christmas cookies for Santa today, my oldest (3yrs old) chose the shapes.... dinosaurs and Texas, go figure! Moore Maker was along for the occasion.
To all the fine folks here on The Porch my family wishes you a
Merry Christmas!
011D4516-1B90-41E6-A48B-7F5ABDC0D979.jpeg

Back