What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I thought these two would be perfect to carry for Christmas Eve and Christmas.

45537792605_173f4cff40_b.jpg
That IS a perfect Christmas pair, Ace! ;):thumbsup:

This little Cripple Creek 14 today :

Harry
Handsome knife, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Don't you have a cane you made with a buffalo nickel inlaid in it? That would be great to match with the knife. ;)

It's more akin to repetitious repetitive redundancy, but done over and over again.

Thanks for those lyrics. That's a fine motto.

That's a nice one, GT.

I saw what you did there. The paper wrapper notwithstanding that's no pig in a poke.
= Stuart
Your complimentary comments are an appreciated Christmas gift, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Nice coloring on the covers on that one, Gary! :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dennis. :) I didn't think I was a fan of red covers on a knife, except for SAKs, but I certainly like the shade of red on my RR! :cool::thumbsup:

Oder nicht.
Aber ich hoffe er hat recht.
Gödel would probably beg to differ. :rolleyes: Thanks for responding with vocabulary that my college German from over 45 years ago could comprehend (without an online translator). :thumbsup:

I only remember that Spock said it to Ohura. I fail :(
I had to go online to look up the episode involving a Medusan ambassador and his blind telepathic interpreter.

Thanks, Harry. I think that you'd like the way they ride in the pocket, particularly a single blade. I like my saber ground blades for strength (though they don't really get tested too hard) and aesthetics; the flat grinds are wicked slicers. I have versions from Belknap, Case, Imperial, KeenKutter, Kutmaster, Parker, Queen, Remington (Camillus), Shapleigh, Winchester (Queen), and fishing versions from Hoffritz and L.L. Bean. I like 'em all, though I prefer the single blade ones.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend.
- Stuart
I appreciated being able to "eavesdrop" on your assessment of toothpick pattern, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I tend to favor the big 2-blade models (but not with a fish scaler as the secondary blade).

“And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.” - Blessings one and all!
Same to you and yours, Ken! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh, sorry, I thought I had this in my multi quote:oops: Thank you Gary, a fun knife and I'm likin the Main blade alot:eek: great carries but the pig is pretty darn neat:D:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Paul. :)

Good old Bones. I liked that one where they visited a colony where everyone was happy and healthy due to the invasive space foliage. "We don't need doctors here, we'll have to find you a job."
"You want to see how fast I can put you in the hospital?"
:D:D:thumbsup: Good episode! Didn't Bones' Southern accident get stronger the longer he was "under the influence"?

Well, you gotta admit, Texas has the best shape of any state!
;)
Only Italy comes close!
Texas doesn't even have a REAL shape, like Italy. But look at Michigan - now THERE is a shapely state!! :D:thumbsup:;)

Merry Christmas folks, really enjoying seeing everyone's pics :) I've got a lot of heavy-lifting to do today, but hoping I can sneak on here from time to time ;) Have a lovely day my friends :) Carrying these two today...

l8d8OJ7.jpg

Together with...

RPsU89v.jpg
What-a-Christmas-Trio, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: They're all very wintery in color! :cool::cool:

Couple of fine knives, and the Sword of the Spirit, Jeff - you're well-armed!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Marbles "demo knife" replica:
deRN9MZ.jpg

Big Knife this week is a Case slimline trapper (thanks, Tom):
Jm3itv9.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider Barlow:
fHtCQ4b.jpg

- GT

Texas doesn't even have a REAL shape, like Italy. But look at Michigan - now THERE is a shapely state!! :D:thumbsup:;)
If you say so, Gary. Can't recall the shape. Isn't it cut in half by one of them big lakes? ;)
Anyway, betcha no one but Michiganders would recognize Michigan, but the whole world knows Texas. Not that I'm bragging. :)
Merry Christmas, Pardner!

Last edited:
View attachment 1043176 View attachment 1043177

Nice Christmas story here. My Brother in Law was given this Colonial Ranger Stockman in 1976 by his Grandfather. He remembers that they bought the knife at the Circle J Cafe in Talihina, Oklahoma. He knows I collect knives, so he cleaned it up and replaced the plastic scales with Tiger Wood and gave it to me as a present. I sharpened it, oiled it, and put it in my pocket. A very interesting and well built knife ready for another few decades!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope 2019 brings us all lots of nice knives! (Who am I kidding, of course it will. As long as our bank accounts hold out!)

Last edited:

Nice Christmas story here. My Brother in Law was given this Colonial Ranger Stockman in 1976 by his Grandfather. He remembers that they bought the knife at the Circle J Cafe in Talihina, Oklahoma. He knows I collect knives, so he cleaned it up and replaced the plastic scales with Tiger Wood and gave it to me as a present. I sharpened it, oiled it, and put it in my pocket. A very interesting and well built knife ready for another few decades!
That was very nice of your Brother-in-Law, and a great story to go with it. Special knife.

PRICELESS knife right there my friend, I find that kinda thing pretty darn special:cool::thumbsup:

Wow:eek: Beautiful and how nice it must be to carry:cool:
Thank you kind sir! Yes at 3 1/8”, it disappears in the pocket. Your new Fight’n Rooster whittler is down right beautiful!!! Most of the stag covers I’ve seen on FR’s have a pronounced shoulder that’s left a little too high where the stag meets the bolsters, if you know what I mean, and I don’t really dig it but yours is perfect with the bark ramming straight into the bolsters!

Maybe one of those questions the consideration of which leads not to edification.
Yup, ‘n not only that, thinkin bout it does no good.:cool:
Just arrived, a Frank Buster Fight'n Rooster Whittler in Stag:thumbsup: Carbon blades with a nice stamp on the MASSIVE Sheepfoot:eek::thumbsup: accompanied with a cool pen and coping blade:thumbsup:
jsaG2D.jpg

fzyyVP.jpg

VS3p3p.jpg

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

That one will do. Clean ‘er up and have her sent to my quarters.:D

Back