1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    EC6A2717-124B-4BB6-A373-EAB2CA0AA497.jpeg

Grateful, Ice Tigre, GE Jr and 34 others like this.
  2. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    That IS a perfect Christmas pair, Ace! ;):thumbsup:

Handsome knife, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Don't you have a cane you made with a buffalo nickel inlaid in it? That would be great to match with the knife. ;)

Your complimentary comments are an appreciated Christmas gift, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Thanks, Dennis. :) I didn't think I was a fan of red covers on a knife, except for SAKs, but I certainly like the shade of red on my RR! :cool::thumbsup:

Gödel would probably beg to differ. :rolleyes: Thanks for responding with vocabulary that my college German from over 45 years ago could comprehend (without an online translator). :thumbsup:

I had to go online to look up the episode involving a Medusan ambassador and his blind telepathic interpreter.

I appreciated being able to "eavesdrop" on your assessment of toothpick pattern, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I tend to favor the big 2-blade models (but not with a fish scaler as the secondary blade).

Same to you and yours, Ken! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Paul. :)

:D:D:thumbsup: Good episode! Didn't Bones' Southern accident get stronger the longer he was "under the influence"?

Texas doesn't even have a REAL shape, like Italy. But look at Michigan - now THERE is a shapely state!! :D:thumbsup:;)

What-a-Christmas-Trio, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: They're all very wintery in color! :cool::cool:

Couple of fine knives, and the Sword of the Spirit, Jeff - you're well-armed!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Marbles "demo knife" replica:
    [​IMG]

Big Knife this week is a Case slimline trapper (thanks, Tom):
    [​IMG]

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider Barlow:
    [​IMG]

- GT

3. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Thanks Alan!

4. Aryan29

Aryan29

May 20, 2018
    @5K Qs Thanks GT for your wonderful quotes/comments.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays All.

Christmas carry...
    Fontenille P.Laguiole+Fox Win581
    0802522E-3C89-4BB8-A28C-252DD979E342.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    GE Jr, Dschal, TFBraden and 26 others like this.
  5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    If you say so, Gary. Can't recall the shape. Isn't it cut in half by one of them big lakes? ;)
    Anyway, betcha no one but Michiganders would recognize Michigan, but the whole world knows Texas. Not that I'm bragging. :)
    Merry Christmas, Pardner!

6. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    3E36DC45-EDBD-4F04-8235-0EF9E48010CD.jpeg 4D2302D6-4F0B-4FEE-8E05-20465EC18920.jpeg

Nice Christmas story here. My Brother in Law was given this Colonial Ranger Stockman in 1976 by his Grandfather. He remembers that they bought the knife at the Circle J Cafe in Talihina, Oklahoma. He knows I collect knives, so he cleaned it up and replaced the plastic scales with Tiger Wood and gave it to me as a present. I sharpened it, oiled it, and put it in my pocket. A very interesting and well built knife ready for another few decades!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope 2019 brings us all lots of nice knives! (Who am I kidding, of course it will. As long as our bank accounts hold out!)

jux t, MJ71, Ice Tigre and 34 others like this.
  7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That was very nice of your Brother-in-Law, and a great story to go with it. Special knife.

Prester John, PaulS., dc50 and 2 others like this.
  8. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    PRICELESS knife right there my friend, I find that kinda thing pretty darn special:cool::thumbsup:

Laurelbb, Prester John, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  9. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Merry Christmas All!

20181225_103945.jpg

MJ71, GE Jr, Dschal and 27 others like this.
  10. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

Dschal, TFBraden, Pt-Luso and 24 others like this.
  11. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    The word order's probably wrong
    No, wait, I did that on purpose.

Prester John and dc50 like this.
  12. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Yep, those TB swaybacks are marvelous!

Prester John and JohnDF like this.
  13. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Thank you kind sir! Yes at 3 1/8”, it disappears in the pocket. Your new Fight’n Rooster whittler is down right beautiful!!! Most of the stag covers I’ve seen on FR’s have a pronounced shoulder that’s left a little too high where the stag meets the bolsters, if you know what I mean, and I don’t really dig it but yours is perfect with the bark ramming straight into the bolsters!

14. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

MJ71, GE Jr, Dschal and 29 others like this.
  15. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

Merry Christmas to all.

16. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Yup, ‘n not only that, thinkin bout it does no good.:cool:
    That one will do. Clean ‘er up and have her sent to my quarters.:D

17. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    [​IMG]

Grateful, GE Jr, Dschal and 25 others like this.
  18. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Merry Christmas

Duckdog, Ace Rimmer, DelOro and 3 others like this.
  19. ArchiveMoto

ArchiveMoto Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Happy Christmas Folks!

[​IMG]

MJ71, Ice Tigre, GE Jr and 31 others like this.
  20. kenspen

kenspen Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2010
    [​IMG]

MJ71, GE Jr, Dschal and 24 others like this.