What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy New Year.
9eRuzTN.jpg

This one seemed like an appropriate choice for New Year's Eve.

YhB8Uwq.jpg

And now that it's 2019, I'm off to bed. Happy New Year!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If ever there was a New Year's Eve knife that has to be it Barrett. You could replace a disco ball with it too! :D

Sure you need some sunglasses when using it! ;):D

I agree with all above, it is the PERFECT New Year's Eve knife.
Could also be useful on Liberace's birthday, celebrating the start of the gold rush, disco themed events, or any day that needs to be brightened a little. Glitter Gold is a very cool knife!

Thanks a lot Tom, hope my package reaches you soon :) :thumbsup:

Me too :), very much looking forward to it.

Thanks for the Northwoods info and the math knife comment, Tom. :) Sweet pair of knives, especially if they helped you with that Atari "time machine"!! :eek::thumbsup::p:thumbsup::cool:

Monday is the day I rotate my knives for the week, so the ones I loaded up today will see the end of 2018 as well as most of the first week of 2019.
A Vic Cadet II is my Alox knife this week (thanks, Ken);
cKDPPfr.jpg

A Vic Camper is my non-Alox SAK of the Week:
4NrTokx.jpg

Rough Rider Electrician is my bailed non-SAK:
sd7UhWH.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT, asteroids isn't full size, it is a replica and about 4 feet tall, but it is very fun :). Really cool shield on the electrician's knife :thumbsup:

These two for me today, Happy New Year!

BjkCOVl.jpg

Wishing everyone bountiful blessings for the New Year!! :):thumbsup::cool: (And thanks for all the New Year greetings that are pervasive on The Porch today! :cool::):thumbsup:

These two for New Year‘s Eve
View attachment 1046310
That's a perfect party pair, and a very interesting photo (a placemat on your computer screen?)! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That little lassie has a very classy chassis (and everything else)!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

In addition to my Lucky Lambsfoot, which I posted earlier, I am toting my Trusty Trapper today:...
Awesome amber bone, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that a mini trapper?

For the 8th day of Christmas and the 1st day of the New Year, my stag lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son, Sheffield, with my lucky penny:...
That pic is vivid and vibrant, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Traveling light today...
View attachment 1046343
Light and lively, Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What model is that Case?

That is a festive pocket slip, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::D

Hey, what have we here, Nick?? That is one handsome jack knife!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Inexpensive but a nice knife....
Yep, that's the one.

You took the words right out of my mouth and the knife right out of my hand, Jerry. I posted this yesterday (and it is still in my pocket):
For tonight's champagne toast with Miss Norma:
- Stuart
@Duckdog

Stuart, very nice, I missed that post yesterday...same vintage as mine. A yellow CV would be my next if I can find a good one.
Jerry & Stuart, those slimline trappers are grand! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks to Whetstone39 Whetstone39 , I've been enjoying the pleasures of a yellow CV version for over a year now.
OGxB06C.jpg

Stuart, thanks for the nod to my Cadet II. :) And that's quite a party pair you posted; that inferno of a cigar jack is outstanding!! :eek::thumbsup::cool:

Yes, I am Gary :D here is a shot of the gang chilling on the secondary hi-way to Banff....
Holy Hounds of the Baskervilles!! :eek::thumbsup::cool: When was that pic taken, Dave? The Pack is back!

Raining all day today (nice it wasn't snow). But I felt the need for stainless and a bit of color.
VJb5QWb.jpg
Warm and colorful photo, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (I'm with you on the niceness of the unfrozen precipitation. :rolleyes:)

These two 2018 knives ringing in the new year with me tonight. I have been pleased with the forum knife. I'm excited to see what 2019 has in store for me in my knife addiction. Happy New Year!!!
View attachment 1046505
Another potent party pair!! ;):cool::thumbsup:

...This afternoon and for the rest of the evening I’m totin my 2018 knife of the year. My Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot!...
Superb choice, Ron; it's only fitting that you ring out the old year with the knife that pleased you so much in 2018! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Woke up and thought "hey man, why don't you pick a knife to carry all year. Not alone, but always". So without much thought, I grabbed my stag 81. Used it to cook some steak, taters and asparagus at the wifes request. And already thought "but id rather that knife be stainless, or my 48, or my Moore maker. Or the Ryu would make a great every day. Or my carbon fiber Davison. Or what about the new henckels". So, suffice it to say, I don't think I'll have a single knife I carry every day this year along with others. But the 81 did a heck of a job today!
View attachment 1046526
With careful pocket management and some heavy-duty suspenders, you could carry ALL of those knives every day for 2019!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

... So it was I sat and whittled with the old men, swapped stories while we waited on the women while they was "a trade'n"in the Pig. Nowadays milinials go Koo Koo for coco puffs when they win some make believe knife in some online video game, I wouldn't trade that feeling of acceptance of real MEN for all the video games in the world.
Cool memories, David!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: FWIW, I'm carrying a Vic Camper this week, and the spear, pen, and saw make it ideal for some whittling IMHO. :):thumbsup:

Carried this old TEW Lambfoot this morning...
and then changed it out for this Lick Creek # 14 to go out for dinner with some friends...
Harry
Your day's knife progression was very seasonal, Harry: out with the old, in with the new! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (But I'm sure both knives will figure prominently in 2019. ;))

Carry a case stockman green pickbone as one of my knives everyday.
Welcome to The Porch, @T.S.S! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope you'll find this a helpful and friendly spot to hang out now and then through the new year! :cool::cool:

This one seemed like an appropriate choice for New Year's Eve.

YhB8Uwq.jpg

And now that it's 2019, I'm off to bed. Happy New Year!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I didn't remember you had such a festive knife, Barrett!! :eek::cool::cool: You and @r8shell should maybe start a gold glitter cult for 2019! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT! Was thinking about you when eating a piece of banketstaaf last weekend :D
Oh, man, Mark, what I wouldn't give for a taste of that!! My maternal grandmother would make sticks of that every Christmas season with such flaky crust and sweet almond paste filling! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I probably haven't had a piece in 20 years! :( (A couple of years ago around Christmas, I was actually trying to track some down on the internet. :rolleyes:)

Happy New Year.
9eRuzTN.jpg
That gorgeous 85 has got to help make the new year happy, Travman Travman ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Two of John Lloyd's knives. A leather stacked sowbelly and a brass zulu in CPM154 with engraving by Tommy Baldwin.View attachment 1046650
Starting the New Year with a bang, Alan! :thumbsup::cool::cool: The checkering on the brass is sublime! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stockman of the Week for me is a Marbles stag bone medium stockman with Damascus-etched blades (thanks, Randy):
a1iiCVY.jpg

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Colt buckshot bone canoe (thanks, Dave):
1DPE2uO.jpg

Fancier Canoe this Week is a Rodgers Wostenholm 1978 NKCA gunboat canoe (thanks, TsarBomba):
sozCGlf.jpg

- GT

Good morning!
Hey, Gary. It's a Senator / equal-end pen knife, pattern 6279, 1 Dot. Just a little bit longer than a Peanut.

Great Stockman, and that Gunboat Canoe is wonderful! Don't think I can recall seeing a three blade Canoe.

5K Qs 5K Qs

Gary the Case Slimline is a great knife, versatile and inexpensive. Love the yellow CV, got to find me a good one.

Wishing everyone bountiful blessings for the New Year!! :):thumbsup::cool: (And thanks for all the New Year greetings that are pervasive on The Porch today! :cool::):thumbsup:

That's a perfect party pair, and a very interesting photo (a placemat on your computer screen?)! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That little lassie has a very classy chassis (and everything else)!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Awesome amber bone, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that a mini trapper?

That pic is vivid and vibrant, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That is a festive pocket slip, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::D

Hey, what have we here, Nick?? That is one handsome jack knife!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Jerry & Stuart, those slimline trappers are grand! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks to Whetstone39 Whetstone39 , I've been enjoying the pleasures of a yellow CV version for over a year now.
OGxB06C.jpg

Stuart, thanks for the nod to my Cadet II. :) And that's quite a party pair you posted; that inferno of a cigar jack is outstanding!! :eek::thumbsup::cool:

Holy Hounds of the Baskervilles!! :eek::thumbsup::cool: When was that pic taken, Dave? The Pack is back!

Warm and colorful photo, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (I'm with you on the niceness of the unfrozen precipitation. :rolleyes:)

Another potent party pair!! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Superb choice, Ron; it's only fitting that you ring out the old year with the knife that pleased you so much in 2018! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

With careful pocket management and some heavy-duty suspenders, you could carry ALL of those knives every day for 2019!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool memories, David!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: FWIW, I'm carrying a Vic Camper this week, and the spear, pen, and saw make it ideal for some whittling IMHO. :):thumbsup:

Your day's knife progression was very seasonal, Harry: out with the old, in with the new! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (But I'm sure both knives will figure prominently in 2019. ;))

Welcome to The Porch, @T.S.S! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope you'll find this a helpful and friendly spot to hang out now and then through the new year! :cool::cool:

I didn't remember you had such a festive knife, Barrett!! :eek::cool::cool: You and @r8shell should maybe start a gold glitter cult for 2019! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh, man, Mark, what I wouldn't give for a taste of that!! My maternal grandmother would make sticks of that every Christmas season with such flaky crust and sweet almond paste filling! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I probably haven't had a piece in 20 years! :( (A couple of years ago around Christmas, I was actually trying to track some down on the internet. :rolleyes:)

That gorgeous 85 has got to help make the new year happy, Travman Travman ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Starting the New Year with a bang, Alan! :thumbsup::cool::cool: The checkering on the brass is sublime! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stockman of the Week for me is a Marbles stag bone medium stockman with Damascus-etched blades (thanks, Randy):
a1iiCVY.jpg

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Colt buckshot bone canoe (thanks, Dave):
1DPE2uO.jpg

Fancier Canoe this Week is a Rodgers Wostenholm 1978 NKCA gunboat canoe (thanks, TsarBomba):
sozCGlf.jpg

- GT
Happy New Year to you too, GT.:thumbsup:
Can I ask, what makes the distinction between fancy canoe and plain canoe? That plain one has a lot going on!

Back