What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TLARbb

TLARbb

Jan 24, 2010
    That smooth green bone is fabulous!!

Ed J

Laurelbb and Old Engineer like this.
  2. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm the same way about a guy's work truck. If the interior of his/her panel truck or work body is in order, I'm OK; if it's in disarray, I'm dismissive.

I'm gobsmacked, but glad that you shared it. Nice solid knife, Steve. (OK, ditch those old relics that you have been showing. I'll get my address to you somehow, sometime.)

More's the pity, Alan, but welcome back to Shiverville.

Well, @SteveC is having a catharsis, it seems, but once I get his soon-to-be-neglected mother lode, you and I will be rollin'!

Man, that's nice, Dave. Just really nice!

Amen, brother. Other than they awkwardly ask,"Anyone have a knife?" I, then, say, "Why, you don't?" and offer to do whatever cutting is needed. Or go to my truck and get an inexpensive "truck knife" and loan/give it to them. With my condolences.

We'll, you are fitted out properly (and handsomely).

All three are gems, Harry, but I am drawn to the smooth bone Case. That's pretty special.

Thanks, Dylan, and ditto for your Moore Maker "wild hogbelly". That looks like a fanciful cross between a feral hog and a moose. It is a cutting machine.

Wooden wonders, Joshua.

That's so soothingly smooth, Paul. Thanks for sharing it and its comforting qualities.

- Stuart

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    TFBraden, JTB_5, Jack Black and 8 others like this.
  3. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks, Dwight!

Fodderwing likes this.
  4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Stuart. :)

:D
    David did you rehandle the scout? It's beautiful.

Fabulous MM Dylan!

dc50 and Duckdog like this.
  5. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Callimus 21 peanut and a Modern Honk Falls Stockman and a SAK!

Duckdog and Amir Fleschwund like this.
  6. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    @Fodderwing
    Yes I redid them myself, the originals was badly shrunk and warped. If they was celluloid it didn't cause corrosion thank goodness. The ones I made are epoxied on, so far so good. The antler was from a small 4 point skeleton I found beside the rail road,they were well beached from the sun. I had saved them about 3 years to use on the "right project" lol

7. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    My mother in law got me a case medium stockman two xmas’s ago. At first I carried the knife here and there and put it back in the drawer.

But for the last few weeks I have carried it and nothing else. Mostly to see if that was all I needed. And sure enough, it’s been perfect. I cannot say that i needed more knife than what it does for me. I think it has made me realize how wrapped up we get in needing the biggest, full Ti, super steel knife we can find. When in reality a nice well thought out slip joint will do everything you need.

Now with that being said.....I just picked up a case trapper in cv and amber bone. I’ve always wanted one of them. Funny thing is...... after a few weeks with the stockman, my first reaction when I opened up the trapper was that it was HUGE.... hahaha this coming from a guy who used to edc a praetorian and a military, and other huge knives.

8. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Dylan, I really like the BIG sheepfoot blade, the knife has a solid snap and is a thin, easy to carry knife:thumbsup:

Thanks John, I really like the blade set up as well, it's one of my favorites:)

Thanks as well Stuart, it has sat neglected in a knife roll and thought it would be better off in my pocket;):)

dc50 and Duckdog like this.
  9. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    We might be rollin’ but there are some folks here with some SERIOUS oldie collections, I don’t know if I can ever roll with them(you’re one of the motherships yourself!)

Duckdog likes this.
  10. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    Still dragging around the SAK Huntsman in a belt case and the Wenger Patriot or Buck 303. Whichever comes out of the drawer first

Duckdog and afishhunter like this.
  11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Back to these two:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Although I love multi-bladed knives, it seems my current favorites are single bladers.

TFBraden, Old Hunter, jwb01 and 26 others like this.
  12. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Happy NKD (new knife day), Harry!:thumbsup:

@Duckdog ~ you doubled down on my 10 dot with style and aplomb.:thumbsup:

@Misplaced Hillbilly ~ nice work with the roadkill antlers! Next time, try to get to it quick enough. I still have some roadkill venison in the freezer.:D

13. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Wow that is a gorgeous knife right there :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Same here. Growing up, it was always stockmans.
    Now, I just love the way single blade or just single springs carry!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Jack Black, dc50 and Prester John like this.
  15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    [​IMG]

16. JoeGoblyn

JoeGoblyn Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Really liking the stainless. I wish it was a spear point, but I’m a big fan either way.

Joe

17. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    On deck for tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

18. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Man Gary, all nice but that OHTA is just so :cool::thumbsup:

Laurelbb and Peregrin like this.
  19. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Thank you Dave:thumbsup:

20. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    My Plain Canoe for this week is a Rough Rider Diamond Jim:
    [​IMG]

My Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Böker Beer Barrel Canoe:
    b^3canoe.mark.2open.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an inexpensive Chinese Laguiole I bought in Denia, Spain and actually enjoy quite a lot:
    [​IMG]

- GT

TFBraden, Old Hunter, GE Jr and 27 others like this.