What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

He believed (as many in the trades did back then) that the condition of a man's pocket knife told you a lot about the character of the person applying for a job.

I'm the same way about a guy's work truck. If the interior of his/her panel truck or work body is in order, I'm OK; if it's in disarray, I'm dismissive.

Something modern today ;)

I'm gobsmacked, but glad that you shared it. Nice solid knife, Steve. (OK, ditch those old relics that you have been showing. I'll get my address to you somehow, sometime.)

D Duckdog Not me Stuart. I'm back in NY suffering like the rest of us. Heading back end of April.

More's the pity, Alan, but welcome back to Shiverville.

I need to up on my oldie collection to keep up with you and Steve, you both sure have real nice ones.

Well, @SteveC is having a catharsis, it seems, but once I get his soon-to-be-neglected mother lode, you and I will be rollin'!

Camillus navy utility knife( with new whitetail deer antler covers)

Man, that's nice, Dave. Just really nice!

To this day I simply cannot fathom how anyone makes through a day without at least a pen knife.

Amen, brother. Other than they awkwardly ask,"Anyone have a knife?" I, then, say, "Why, you don't?" and offer to do whatever cutting is needed. Or go to my truck and get an inexpensive "truck knife" and loan/give it to them. With my condolences.

I'll be out the door early tomorrow, packing these two :thumbsup:

We'll, you are fitted out properly (and handsomely).

Carried these today : #35 Smooth Green Bone and #78 Kiefer SFO : Got both at the 2018 Rendezvous :

Then this one came a day early and I now have this one on me : Case Smooth Antique Bone

All three are gems, Harry, but I am drawn to the smooth bone Case. That's pretty special.

Now those are some real beauties, Stuart! Stunning!

A very comfortable knife with beautifully ground blades and nice thin edges and yes, clad in red bone... This knife has me smitten for sure.

Thanks, Dylan, and ditto for your Moore Maker "wild hogbelly". That looks like a fanciful cross between a feral hog and a moose. It is a cutting machine.

Wooden wonders, Joshua.

A 2013 Smooth Ivory Bone Huckleberry Boys Knife:thumbsup:
kwqA65.jpg

A73aC5.jpg

That's so soothingly smooth, Paul. Thanks for sharing it and its comforting qualities.

- Stuart

Last edited:
Very nice BB whittler, Dwight, and I like that Panama Canal skeleton

Jack Dandy, Dwight. A handsome fellow, indeed.
Thank you Stuart. :)

"Mister, I'm his mother, and even I don't touch his hat, drop it or he's going to whoop your a*** " he dropped it
:D
David did you rehandle the scout? It's beautiful.

This knife has me smitten for sure.
Fabulous MM Dylan!

Fodderwing Fodderwing
Yes I redid them myself, the originals was badly shrunk and warped. If they was celluloid it didn't cause corrosion thank goodness. The ones I made are epoxied on, so far so good. The antler was from a small 4 point skeleton I found beside the rail road,they were well beached from the sun. I had saved them about 3 years to use on the "right project" lol

My mother in law got me a case medium stockman two xmas’s ago. At first I carried the knife here and there and put it back in the drawer.

But for the last few weeks I have carried it and nothing else. Mostly to see if that was all I needed. And sure enough, it’s been perfect. I cannot say that i needed more knife than what it does for me. I think it has made me realize how wrapped up we get in needing the biggest, full Ti, super steel knife we can find. When in reality a nice well thought out slip joint will do everything you need.

Now with that being said.....I just picked up a case trapper in cv and amber bone. I’ve always wanted one of them. Funny thing is...... after a few weeks with the stockman, my first reaction when I opened up the trapper was that it was HUGE.... hahaha this coming from a guy who used to edc a praetorian and a military, and other huge knives.

My very first Case knife was a 11031SH. I acquired it after I joined the forums here, now I have a couple of them, one from 69 and the other from 71 (I believe). Both just fantastic knives and ones I am very pleased to own. You both certainly have a couple of beauties there.
Thanks Dylan, I really like the BIG sheepfoot blade, the knife has a solid snap and is a thin, easy to carry knife:thumbsup:

That's a true beauty. Perfect blade setup too, clip behind pen.
Thanks John, I really like the blade set up as well, it's one of my favorites:)

That's so soothingly smooth, Paul. Thanks for sharing it and its comforting qualities.

- Stuart
Thanks as well Stuart, it has sat neglected in a knife roll and thought it would be better off in my pocket;):)

Well, @SteveC is having a catharsis, it seems, but once I get his soon-to-be-neglected mother lode, you and I will be rollin'!
We might be rollin’ but there are some folks here with some SERIOUS oldie collections, I don’t know if I can ever roll with them(you’re one of the motherships yourself!)

Carried these today : #35 Smooth Green Bone and #78 Kiefer SFO : Got both at the 2018 Rendezvous :

Then this one came a day early and I now have this one on me : Case Smooth Antique Bone

Harry
Happy NKD (new knife day), Harry!:thumbsup:

D Duckdog ~ you doubled down on my 10 dot with style and aplomb.:thumbsup:

Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly ~ nice work with the roadkill antlers! Next time, try to get to it quick enough. I still have some roadkill venison in the freezer.:D

My Plain Canoe for this week is a Rough Rider Diamond Jim:
pmNhyTi.jpg

My Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Böker Beer Barrel Canoe:
b^3canoe.mark.2open.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an inexpensive Chinese Laguiole I bought in Denia, Spain and actually enjoy quite a lot:
epHVLvI.jpg

- GT

Back