What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

GwI573f.jpg

Fantastic fixed blade !!!!

Regular Jack in the coin pocket today.
kfd5qBm.jpg

Great knife and makes me want an A.G. !!

Gevonovich Gevonovich The bone on your old Case has such a beautiful rich tone! Gorgeous.

Thank you !! The Tyrian purple in mine compliments the Veronese yellow exuberance in your work of art :D:cool::thumbsup:

I'm totin' these two today, though only one will be in my pocket. It's still cold and icy here and I made a pot of venison chili to get us through the first couple of days, so I'm going to slow cook a pot roast today for a few more meals. To chop the mirepoix, I'm using this Nicholas Nichols 12.5" chef's knife. Nichols hand makes knives in Leland, N.C. (across the Cape Fear River west of Wilmington). This one has an AEB-L blade and the handle scales are made of salvaged teak decking from the U.S.S. North Carolina (BB-55), the first of the North Carolina class of battleships and the most decorated battleship in WWII. It rests in peace as a memorial in the Port of Wilmington. The trusty Opinel will be in my pocket when I venture out and can step in if I need a smaller blade in the kitchen (though I generally eschew folding knives as culinary cutlery).

U9kF7He.jpg

- Stuart

I'm totin' these two today, though only one will be in my pocket. It's still cold and icy here and I made a pot of venison chili to get us through the first couple of days, so I'm going to slow cook a pot roast today for a few more meals. To chop the mirepoix, I'm using this Nicholas Nichols 12.5" chef's knife. Nichols hand makes knives in Leland, N.C. (across the Cape Fear River west of Wilmington). This one has an AEB-L blade and the handle scales are made of salvaged teak decking from the U.S.S. North Carolina (BB-55), the first of the North Carolina class of battleships and the most decorated battleship in WWII. It rests in peace as a memorial in the Port of Wilmington. The trusty Opinel will be in my pocket when I venture out and can step in if I need a smaller blade in the kitchen (though I generally eschew folding knives as culinary cutlery).

U9kF7He.jpg

- Stuart
The Nicholas is making me salivate ...the stamp is even creative....wondrous :eek:

U9kF7He.jpg

- Stuart
Great carry choice I need to get at least 1 Opinel to give a try. Like that chef knife, really like that the handle scales come from the USS North Carolina. I've took the tour several times, she's a great old ship.

20u3g8z.jpg

Spent the morning under a house fixing fallen insulation. And installing a vapor barrier. Loaned my Rough Rider shadow trapper to the Mexicans that was helping me. Never again:mad: they cut plastic directly on cinder blocks, and some how both blades now have side to side play:mad: I don't get it all they had to do was cut some 8 mil plastic

Only my father can borrow any of my tools (to include my pocketknives) - most people misuse more than use a tool. Not mine, I have too much invested in them. OH

20u3g8z.jpg

Spent the morning under a house fixing fallen insulation. And installing a vapor barrier. Loaned my Rough Rider shadow trapper to the Mexicans that was helping me. Never again:mad: they cut plastic directly on cinder blocks, and some how both blades now have side to side play:mad: I don't get it all they had to do was cut some 8 mil plastic
At least it was not too expensive a mistake. I don't like lending knives myself.

Thanks Stuart! The old beauties are Steve’s. The 2 I posted today are GEC’s 78 and 66, not at all old. In fact, the 66 is brand new to me but I’ll take it as a compliment if they pass off as oldies in your eyes!

I was giving you credit for past carries, Nick, though the new (including the one you posted today) are fine. Steve does have pile of old beauties, though.

That's a classy cutlery display my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, but methinks it was the Manhattan (a drink first concocted in England) that grabbed your gaze. That's a pretty pair that you were packing, too.

I'm totin these two in Sambar today. Y'all have a good one! :D

That's some ample and admirable antler, Ron.

Carrying two today (rare to carry two for me if I'm not hunting or fishing), but got a terrific watch pocket in a new pair of jeans - deep for lots of stuff. Case 6279 & 6332. OH

Classy classic Cases, OH.

Very nice BB whittler, Dwight, and I like that Panama Canal skeleton.

Two ten dots today...

They are 10s in my book, Jeff, and made me temporarily lose control (as my later post proved). I, like Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly , wish for a return to such knives.

Today's carry a Case Chestnut Teardrop CV

A beauty to weep for, Dave.

And this new Ulster is along for the ride and a few pictures taken.

What a wonderful find, Buzz. That is a gorgeous old worker, still in fine fettle.

What a sensational and memorable trio, Stuart; I certainly remember seeing that pair of 2OTs before!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I wouldn't have made the connection, but your comment about Stuart's OT covers is VERY apt! :thumbsup::thumbsup: We see many old wooden Chris Crafts where we vacation in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (in fact, there's an annual Antique Wooden Boat Show while we're there), and the color/texture resemblance is uncanny! :cool::cool::)

Thanks, GT. I agree with the Chris Craft comparison - those are gorgeous old vessels. And much loved.

Still rubbing it in, aren't you, Alan. I do hope that you have a good time.

Camillus medium jack today

There's nothing "medium" about that knife other than its size. Tremendous is more like it.

D Duckdog , I’d rather see pocket lint on users over fingerprints on safe queens lol

Thanks, Jake.

A vintage Robeson "Carpenters Choice" Stockman in black composite (not Celluloid) covers today.

That's a handsome and handy knife, Paul. Great find.

I’m honeymooning...

Who wouldn't be, Nick.

non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Recruit (thanks, Greg):

Lambsfoot of the Week is Lam Jack, my 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife):

Yep, GT, those two are more than adequate, so very much more.

Those are some beauties Stuart !

Incredibly fine Grand Daddy seventies Stuart! Mirrored Magnificent Marvels!!!!!!

Outstanding Stuart :thumbsup:

Stuart that’s two beautiful 10 dots! :thumbsup: Beautiful Sawcut Bone! :)

Those are absolutely breathtaking!!!

Stunning.

Thanks, guys, but Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund and Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly are to blame for my intemperate outburst of posting. Their reverence for the older Cases pushed me over the edge. (Oh, a Manhattan may have helped, too.)

a BSA knife I won in @abbydaddy 's fraternal memorial giveaway a couple of year's back :) :thumbsup:

Now, that's a useful looking knife, as well as attractive (for us scout lovers).

Wishing the Wild Strawberries were back.....long time to wait, but carrying this today

That sweet BB gunstock should tide you over, Will.

Yankee Jack 77

Jack Dandy, Dwight. A handsome fellow, indeed.

Today I’m totin an Ebony Churchill and a Rosewood Lambsfoot. :)

You wood, wooden't you, Ron. That's a stalwart duo.

Fred is FINE, Gev!

Amber (Fire) Stag Sowbelly and engraved Brass Zulu.

That sowbelly could heat a whole house, Alan.

The Nicholas is making me salivate ...the stamp is even creative....wondrous :eek:

Thanks, Gev. I had never seen any of his work until I was gifted this knife by a niece and her husband (who own a couple of restaurants in Wilmington). It is very well balanced and cuts like a laser.

Like that chef knife, really like that the handle scales come from the USS North Carolina. I've took the tour several times, she's a great old ship.

I though that it might catch your eye, Dave. When I was in elementary school, we raised money at school for the restoration of the ship. thank goodness they eventually found some real folding money to get it done.

- Stuart

Only my father can borrow any of my tools (to include my pocketknives) - most people misuse more than use a tool. Not mine, I have too much invested in them. OH
For sure OH, that's normally my attitude as well. My knives and tools are pretty much off limits to 99% of people. Certain things are not to be triffled with. Once on a trip to myrtle beach we went to a restaurant that had a heckler outside to draw people in. Guy kept pestering me on my cowboy hat, and I told him politely to drop the subject. He kept it up until my mother seen I was about to deck the loud mouth. She steps up to him and says "Mister, I'm his mother, and even I don't touch his hat, drop it or he's going to whoop your a*** " he dropped it.

20u3g8z.jpg

My, how times have changed.
My maternal grandfather was a carpenter (before they started specializing in certain aspects of construction. He passed in 1966)
If someone came to him looking to hire on to his crew, if they did not have a pocket knife (in good condition; no bent/broken blades, and it was sharp) they were run off the jobsite.

He believed (as many in the trades did back then) that the condition of a man's pocket knife told you a lot about the character of the person applying for a job.
Broken tip or blade? Careless and uses the wrong tool for the job.
Dull blade(s)? Lazy, and does not take care of his tools.
No knife? Irresponsible. Also untrustworthy if the person claimed he was experienced.

Back