What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

You got a beauty, Will! That one is or has been a grail for many of us. Does it seem smaller than you expected?

Very nice gems, Dee! :thumbsup:

Thanks very much :thumbsup: I've had a CASE Swayback Jack in Chestnut cv and a Bermuda Green one in stainless , both I gave away so I'm used to the pattern. I also have a creme brûlée Damascus Gent still. I really wanted this single blade in Chestnut cv and it has exceeded expectations in terms of F&F, just outstanding. The size/proportion is spot on, despite being compact it does not have the toy or fiddly feel some small knives can exude;) A wonderful addition, can't say more!:D

Most days this one... thanks @black mamba!
full

Thank you, Ron. I was just so glad that we could get together and I wanted you to have some remembrances to carry home with you. I look forward to your next visit; the boxes and piles are where you last saw them (much to Miss Norma's consternation).

Well, Nick, Ron was standing there with those sad, pleading eyes, I couldn't not care. It was the least I could do (and I often do the least).

- Stuart
Thanks again Stuart! :) It’s nice to know those sad, pleading eyes work on someone! ;) :p

Those two are Outstanding Ron !! Well done both of you gents !
Thanks Gev! :)

Interesting new black/white combo, Ron; congrats! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary! :) Be careful shoveling all that snow my friend! I know your in great shape from Totin all those knives everyday, but they say that shoveling snow can be an extreme cardio workout! :D

I was indecisive today.

A terrific trio today, Dylan.

Thank you. Courtesy of Glennbad. :)

A good knife made into a great knife. Congrats, Dwight, that @glennbad is one bad dude.

Very sorry for your loss Stuart, I'm sure your friends would have admired that beauty :thumbsup:

But I scooped up this one as I briefly headed out the door, barely saw what I was putting in my pocket :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, for the kind words and for the soothing picture of that lovely knife.

We've looked at Böker from both sides now,
From mark and pile,
And still, somehow
It's Böker's bone that I recall,
It's sensational bone, that's all!

Joni Mitchell would be pleased (or should be) with your clever rendering, GT

Well played.png

Fancy canoe this week is a 1975 Case red bone canoe:

All of those totes are nice, but this one caught my eye.

Anyone know how to date these?

No, but I know how to admire them. Fine old Dog Head, Leslie.

I get sad and pleading eyes too when I look at your knives:rolleyes:

A Boker for me today.

You are very kind, Nick (and transparent). That Böker is bonkers, bud.

- Stuart

Attachments

• Well played.png
    Well played.png
    36 KB · Views: 0
Fine pairing Dean, I was showing someone that Spey blade just yesterday, a nice knife that, I'm not generally a fan of Spey blades, but that one has real beauty :thumbsup:

Those two go together well Dean :thumbsup:

I've felt like a ball in a pin-ball machine today, flying around, getting it from all sides. But I scooped up this one as I briefly headed out the door, barely saw what I was putting in my pocket :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

EoCIErl.jpg

Thanks, Jack! For not knowing what you put in your pocket, you picked a great one. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the translation, Dean, and that old stag pen is quite remarkable! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll bet not many of your Barlows have bolsters with that shape, Dean; very cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

For me this week, in addition to a snow shovel, I'm carrying a full complement of pocket knives.
Alox this week is a Vic Classic (thanks, Ken):
WkPrak7.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is an Explorer from a gun and knife show:
DWamXQf.jpg

Stockman this week is a Taylor-Schrade 61OT:
fTjaumI.jpg

Plain canoe this week is a Rough Rider in smooth white bone:
1v5IHdO.jpg

Fancy canoe this week is a 1975 Case red bone canoe:
ms8QvT9.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Gary! You've a fine quintet of cutlery today. My two favorites are the Alox Classic and the Case Canoe with the Canoe etch on the blade. :thumbsup:

For Thursday, I think I will go with two of my favorites: stag knives from centuries' old cutlery centers from two of the greatest nations the world has ever known.

From Sheffield, England, a Sambar stag lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son, via @Jack Black:
46934060781_321a87a967_h.jpg

And from Albacete, Spain, a classic folding knife with polished stag from @ArtesaniaHerreros:
33058609438_86fe86cefd_h.jpg

Both were handmade by skilled artisans, and are a joy to handle.

Back