What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Chilly Sunday with more weather coming in here in Maryland.
Bt3adiQ.jpg

Have you made any yet?
Not yet. (The book just arrived yesterday.) I'm wanting to make a 5-string uke with high and low g strings side by side and a selective mute. I have a steel plate in the garage I thought might do for the soundboard and backboard, but I checked and it's at least 3/16" thick. I'd have to string it with hawsers and pluck it with a rock hammer. When I bought that plate at a garage sale, I said, "I'm sure I'll find something to do with it". The guy said, "Yeah, that's what I said".
I have some thin, fine, plywood from another garage sale that will cut easier anyway.

Of course! Just told my daughter to be more careful with the knives. It had been buried a few days, I think. My daughter was afraid to tell me she lost it, and my wife found it in the back yard. It was CV steel. Used some Flitz to clean it up, but it still shows signs of its misadventure.
Glad you got it back!
Wow, the pup has good taste in knives ;)

Nice! Who made that sweet little ebony jack?

Now that's how bone should be jigged! :D:thumbsup:

You got a nice one, for sure! I'm planning to carry mine every day for a while, but I'll change up the smaller companion knife more often.
1xssWsx.jpg
Gonna carry every day for a while too, but will mix up my secondary carry.
You've got a lot of nice knives.

That is a nice looking knife, Atiger. I am not well versed in modern knives, what does Case call this model?
I couldn't help but to notice the strong resemblance between your Case and older English Ettrick and Tackler knives.
Enclosed is a picture of an early post WWII Tackler knife from Joseph Rodgers which is nearly a twin brother to your Case model.

View attachment 1070997

Back