What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A well pitted but very SOLID Remington (circa 1924-1933) equal end Jack. It's the same size as the GEC Churchill:thumbsup: it has fantastic bone, Gimp shield and the blades just get that sticky, scary sharp edge to them:thumbsup: Lot's of life in this wonderful old girl;)
v3nyzR.jpg

UXSuN7.jpg

v9Uevk.jpg

Great pic Will. I believe you captured it. Love those scales.

Another very nice photo Dave.

View attachment 1074962

Have a safe, peaceful Sunday, folks!
Inspired by Alan's ( @joeradza ) superb themes.
2Gj3d57.jpg

RR Cotton Sampler+Buck 055,
Ram’s Horn & Walnut...
View attachment 1075112

Carrying the Frontier today
2377-C666-0-E75-47-FB-BED5-88-E091-B96-E7-A.jpg

Totin' a Western #657 today

2NKwFV2h.jpg

Some fantastic photos today!

Well, check out Arno Bernard sometime. CK sells them, as do many other dealers.
Thanks for the lead on Redmeadow. You've got great taste in knives and I'm grateful you turned me onto the navaja world :cool:
That said, I couldn't find a link or info on your signature or profile page. After searching a few rabbit holes l came across the Redmeadow section here, but that is a whole forest of rabbit holes, lol! :eek:
https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/redmeadow-knives-t-knotts-knives.930/

Can you post a pic or send a link to his latest piece? I'd love to see it. Thanks :)

I sent a PM with a bunch of links. I'm off to check AB knives now :thumbsup: Thanks.

Ray

Thank you for the reply GT. Sure makes one wonder how it all got done "BEFORE" ... "RETIREMENT"... :eek: I know y'all have had a bad winter. Very sorry to hear about the complications on your eye surgery. I know it's little consolation but please know I feel your pain my friend. I won't go into it but let's just say it ain't easy gettin old. My prayers for your good health and that of your fine four legged family members as well. Take care. :)
Your kind words (and prayers) are much appreciated, Dwight! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sounds like you and your wife had a great time at the knife show Saturday! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Kevin, did you happen to spend any time in Kalamazoo for the curling this past week? ;)

Great first knife. Looks like it's in great shape.
Thanks, Vince. :) It still looks pretty good (especially compared to me, and I'm only about 9 years older :rolleyes:), and it's fully functional, but it does have some blade play due to a bent backspring that's probably the result of some youthful indiscretion! :(

That shadow stag sodbuster-style knife is splendid! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Four smashers GT :thumbsup:

Morning folks, Friday's here! :) Carrying these two today, a large A.Wright Lambsfoot in horn, and an Old Friend in the form of a Thomas Turner penknife :thumbsup:

BqtJrcd.jpg

K8ZuG9J.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
I always enjoy seeing that striped pen. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: And that shot of your "peaches and cream" lambsfoot must be the inspiration for Vince's imitation in the new GAW thread! :thumbsup::D:cool:

Good Morning today's carry is a Northwoods Indian River Jack
View attachment 1073553
Sweet knife, Dave, and an attractive photo :cool::cool::thumbsup:, even though I've had my fill of snow already. :(

View attachment 1073563
Three wonderful woods today.
Are you a golfer, Joshua? You could play a round with those 3 woods in your bag (say, a 1, 3, and 5 wood)! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ahhh... that's right, the Colonial went to the other Michigander @scrteened porch ... BUT thanks for the info Gary, I guess I did own a shell barlow ;) I got my Michigan barlows mixed up... confusion and memory loss at age 44 is not good :confused::D
The sooner it starts, the more time you have to get used to it.
Mer always sees the silver lining in each cloud! :p:thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Gary! By the way, I always look forward to your weekly alox, SAK, camper post! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) That post usually comes on Monday or Tuesday, instead of Thursday, as happened this week. :confused: I still have a lot of knives to "reveal" for this week (plain and fancy canoes, international, watch pocket, big, miscellaneous, stag/horn, lambsfoot, peanut-ish) and it's already late Sunday afternoon! :eek:

I'm carrying my long time friend (old friends Friday!). I got this Uncle Henry 897UH in 1986; it was a replacement for one I lost. Schrade had a loss guarantee and gave me a new one for the loss. I carried this for the next 10 years.

It felt good in my pocket again, so I'm going to carry it for a few more days.

Dean, that's such a superb stockman! Thanks for introducing me to its charms! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

@traumkommode gifted this white owl to me, and it arrived today and went straight into the pocket! Thanks again, Andrew.

View attachment 1073930 View attachment 1073931
Congrats on the fine White Owl, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: 3 cheers to @traumkommode for his generosity! :):cool::thumbsup:

Very cool pic Jeff! I hope you have a great and safe trip my friend. :)
+ 5K :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

My wife and I are going to visit my aunt today. She’s a widow and she’s got a few things around her house that needs some attention. I’m carrying these two along with an assortment of hand tools. :)

42913528884_57f7f3e06c_b_d.jpg
Very classy pair of work knives, Ron; you're a good nephew! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::)

I ritually put winter to death via my Ancient Barlow.

Worth a try, Dean! I hope it works. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is a very cool pair. Big straight edge and a nice drop point with some belly. Maybe my favorite.
View attachment 1074356
That IS a mighty versatile pair, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I got this knife in pocket today, helped chop up some veggies for chili ;):thumbsup:
View attachment 1074425
"Veggies"? "BEANS"?!? Nice knife. :)
Kevin, that chili looks hearty and delicious to me! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Vince, I thought the phrase "chili con carne" came from Texas, but I must be wrong, because it would be a repetitive phrase there, right? ;)

RR Cotton Sampler+Buck 055,
Ram’s Horn & Walnut...
View attachment 1075112
That cotton sampler looks like something I'm going to have to get! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My plain canoe this week is an Armor Hide Rough Rider:
uzqO6Mf.jpg

My fancy canoe this week is a Fight'n Rooster 4-blade:
gunboat.mark.4open.bath.jpg

International knife this week is a John Watts ring opener (thanks, Jack):
gsljYEm.jpg

Watch pocket knife is a Case mini copperhead in navy blue bone:
dPFMInU.jpg

Big knife this week is a Rough Rider 1-arm trapper:
6WnB0Yt.jpg

- GT

Back