What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The Vic Farmer makes me feel 300% more prepared for the zombie apocalypse than I actually am, and I'm cool with that.

B5dchUeh.jpg

So that's we need, it will work against the zombie sheep:eek:
There's a kiwi movie called black sheep, that is about killer sheep:rolleyes:
So you could be on a winner.
Mitch

Thank you Jack! My wife and daughter are both here. We’re getting some much needed relaxation for my them and some super quality family time for us all! :)

We’re staying on Jekyll Island. The weather is great! :thumbsup: :D

Fantastic stuff Ron, enjoy the rest of your time there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Have a great market day with Lucy!

Thank you DDwight :) :thumbsup:

Nice Congress GT :thumbsup:

Going to stick (no pun intended!) with wood for Thursday:
yWTSkAk.jpg

New rosewood lambsfoot, A. Wright & Son, Sheffield; and
xevK7vU.jpg

Case cocobolo peanut.

Fine pairing Vince :) ;thumbsup:

Worked in the yard all day to clear out bamboo. I baled up the canes with twine and needed this guy, a Schrade 163. Go big with bamboo. What a day!

ZP3Yvah.jpg

Qy8ivhC.jpg

v3dCrLd.jpg

55DT9BI.jpg

- Stuart

Very interesting knife Stuart :thumbsup:

Striking pic Harvey :cool: :thumbsup:

Classy pair Dwight :thumbsup:

Carrying this old , heavily worn , Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot today .

And his Big Brother

Harry

Terrific TEW Twosome Harry :thumbsup:

I have a very old Buck 110 one of my brothers gave me a couple of years ago, but almost never carry it because it's SO heavy (and ugly, IMHO :rolleyes:). :( But a lite version

While I don't share your sentiment on this knife which I coveted so much as a kid, I can understand the weight and respect your opinions on it's looks.
While the weight is not an issue for me I have on occasion felt it would really be something if I could carry a 110 loose in my pocket once in a while.

You can do this with the 110lt, and this I feel can make believers out of some people who would at least give them a chance were the weight not putting them off.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jack. :) Wonderfully scenic shots of your SamDamLamb and Ancient! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Probably can't go wrong (knife-wise ;)) by doing that, Ron! Very attractive twosome! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Jeff, thanks for the confirmation on the KaBar/RR Halfhawk resemblance. :cool:
And I'll join you and Vince in decrying the misuse/overuse of "literal", "literally", and "awesome" (although I'm guilty of using a LOT of superlatives in this thread - at least I try to use lots of different ones :rolleyes:). I'm pretty confident about my use of "literally", but I'm less confident of my fast and loose usage of "EDC": I'll use it as a noun, an adjective, or a verb (or "verbish phrase" - in the example in question, I used EDC as a verb, but it probably really abbreviated the phrase "carry every day").
Anyway, your knives certainly inspire confidence: Jeff's classic workers are a pair of aces, and Vince's AC exemplifies both style and substance! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Speaking of teachable moments, I wondered if "old curmudgeon" was redundant (are there any young curmudgeons?). In the course of investigating, I discovered that no one seems sure of the origin of the word! :eek:

I agree with @r8shell, and applaud her word choice!! :D

And you're to be praised for your peerless parenting, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Harvey, your venerable lambsfoot is sweeter than the donut it rests on! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :) Now I seem to be yearning for a black (or blue) Pioneer X. :rolleyes:

I have a very old Buck 110 one of my brothers gave me a couple of years ago, but almost never carry it because it's SO heavy (and ugly, IMHO :rolleyes:). :( But a lite version would definitely be more appealing. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Your mojo is still working, Tom; Go, Blues! ;):thumbsup::cool:
That scout looks like it's been sharpened according to one of my "principles": the part of the blade that gets used the most must be sharpened the most! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dean; I like to think it's a quartet with harmony! :):thumbsup:

Such a recognizable knife with the distinctive coloration! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A guy could happily grow old with that same old pair! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I know what you mean, Ron. I've been trying to listen to some of the music from my youth lately, and decided I had pretty good taste! :rolleyes:

Superb jackknife, Dave; that 2-blade version is peachy! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, Dwight. :)

- GT

Thank you for the very kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:

Ok, Ron. Even though “having a great day” is too subjective for competitive purposes, and you are setting the bar quite high, I’m going to do my best!
Starting out by using my razor sharp lambfoot to cut some lilac, and crabapple blossoms from my yard, and some phlox from the roadside to try to brighten the day of a friend (the wife of the farmer I work for) who is in the hostiple ( as my 3 yr old grandson pronounces it) with pneumonia.
View attachment 1132857

Hope you and Pam have a great time!
Sorry for missing this yesterday Jeff! It looks like you had a busy day! I hope your friend has shown improvement in her condition! The hostiple is no good place to spend the holiday weekend! ;) Pam said hey! :thumbsup:

Probably can't go wrong (knife-wise ;)) by doing that, Ron! Very attractive twosome! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks Gary! :)

Fantastic stuff Ron, enjoy the rest of your time there my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! :)

This, among others.
I finally figured out why I haven't been able to sharpen the spay. There are some concavities in the almost straight edge, so a flat stone won't do it without removing a lot more stock over a lot more time than I'd like. The Gerber diamond steel may have done the trick.
KtxcJZq.jpg

Thanks for the stickers Logan B B.F.U ! Went right on my beer fridge!
View attachment 1133622

No problem, glad they made it! (I guess I already said the same on Instagram... but still)

I'm carrying this one today and tomorrow:

3auIcqwl.jpg

It's part of a themed carry "as John Wick as I get" (because I'm going to see John Wick 3 tomorrow!) but the rest of the carry isn't traditional, so this is an old picture.

Back