What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today with two beautiful stag knives, A. Wright & Son and Case mini trapper.:):thumbsup:

4t34wh.jpg
34fh5ys.jpg

Gallant pair of single-spring knives with blades at each end, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm very fond of both the wharncliffe mini copperhead and the Pocket Pal.

- GT

Thank you, Gary. I was inspired by someone.

A "free choice" selection for this week that I haven't posted yet is a Case Carhartt wharncliffe mini trapper (thanks, John):
View attachment 1148758

- GT

Gary, I might be the outlier of comments for the knives you posted, but that Carhartt wharncliffe really looks like a great user (and not bad looking either). :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Real Quality :cool:

Regards, Will

Thanks, I totally agree, Will. And my appreciation of the quality increases every time I carry and use it.

I knew I liked you. Love the way the handles match your table. Kim says when the 66 gets here I have to post a similar pic with my BGE. Is there a knives and Kamado cookers thread I’ve missed somehow? ;)
Thanks man! Good story, that table is all cedar and I scored it from a local lumber yard that went out of business. Total cost was $40 including the screws and stain! I really love my egg. Said many times that it's my favorite purchase ever! I cook on it year round. I think your on to something Chris. Maybe a good start to the thread would be that #66 you got coming with a grilling endeavor! ;) I'll contribute. :D:thumbsup:
20190621_183952.jpg

Ha ha ha. If weather holds I have two 2” thick prime ribeyes I’m going to T-rex tomorrow. Was actually thinking I’d post a pic of the egg with (insert random knife choice here), but now I think I’ll wait for the 66. Just refinished my table a couple months ago, it should pair with it nicely. Would be a great thread. No need to be snobbish, we can open it to all grills :). Love my egg, but still prefer my Webers for some things. And that’s a great story on the table. Beautiful. Wish mine had been $40!

I only know how to insert the URL of a link. How do you insert a "meaningful word or phrase" as a link instead of the URL itself? :confused:
First, type the "meaningful phrase". Then highlight it, and click on the icon above your reply window that looks like a couple of chain links (just to the right of the A) a window will pop up with a place to paste in a url.
Like this.
That's how you do it on a desktop computer, I haven't a clue if you're using a touch screen kind of machine. :confused:
My grandmother has a few little ones that came from crackerjacks back when they gave good prizes, I'll be adding those as well when she can locate them.
I'm sad they don't have prizes in Cracker Jacks anymore. :(
Carried this 100+ year old jack knife by Bayonne Cutlery, Bayonne NJ, paired with a stag handled Fight'n Rooster pen.View attachment 1148842
I've never heard of Bayonne Cutlery, but I'm always on the lookout for 100 year old Jacks. Very cool! :cool::thumbsup:

Lambsfoot in horn in the sun:
mt2rS3o.jpg

I've never heard of Bayonne Cutlery, but I'm always on the lookout for 100 year old Jacks. Very cool! :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the interest r8shell. I know nothing about the company other than that they were in business only from 1888 to 1920. The knife is solid and still functions wonderfully, and although the blades are pitted they take and hold a very sharp edge.
Your lambsfoot knife is nice as well, cool grain and color in the horn and the bolster is awfully unique.

I'm sad they don't have prizes in Cracker Jacks anymore. :(
Me, too, Rachel. They used to have some nice prizes. Now it's just a piece of paper with a joke or something worthless. Or did they stop that too?
My favorite part was the peanuts, which settled in the bottom of the box. Best for last! Wonder if I should get some at the ballpark Sunday? I'll probably just get a Nolan Ryan hot dog and a couple of beers. :)

Thanks for the interest r8shell. I know nothing about the company other than that they were in business only from 1888 to 1910. The knife is solid and still functions wonderfully, and although the blades are pitted they take and hold a very sharp edge.
Your lambsfoot knife is nice as well, cool grain and color in the horn and the bolster is awfully unique.

Thanks for the interest r8shell. I know nothing about the company other than that they were in business only from 1888 to 1920. The knife is solid and still functions wonderfully, and although the blades are pitted they take and hold a very sharp edge.
Thanks.
Proof that there are angels on earth. An honorable quest, r8shell r8shell . And a beautiful horned lambsfoot well portrayed.
- Stuart
I dunno about angels...;)
but there is something really cool about carrying a 100 year old knife. I can't afford and would be hesitant to use one in pristine shape, but when I find one with some wear and a little pitting, but still functions perfectly, it's a joy to carry and use.

Me, too, Rachel. They used to have some nice prizes. Now it's just a piece of paper with a joke or something worthless. Or did they stop that too?
My favorite part was the peanuts, which settled in the bottom of the box. Best for last! Wonder if I should get some at the ballpark Sunday? I'll probably just get a Nolan Ryan hot dog and a couple of beers. :)
It's funny, because when I was a kid, the prizes were made of plastic: little spinning tops or whistles. My mother rolled her eyes and said when she was little, the prizes were better: tin whistles and tiny porcelain dolls. Now the prizes are bits of paper with QRL codes on them that you scan with a phone or something.
"Oh boy! A QRL code!", said no child, ever.

Back