1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Both are in great shape!
    Really nice.

2. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Still - my 91 year old Mother today asked me for some Cracker Jacks :confused: Can I just bring her some carmel popcorn? :rolleyes: She asks for so little - I guess I better not go less than more, eh?

Ray

She doesn't care about the prize just looking for some munching as she sits in her wheelchair watching the birds (lots of them and a lovely variety) at the feeders. :cool:

KNIFE CONTENT - this beauty was my carry today ->

Detail-1.jpg

zolthar, Old Hunter, ISKRA and 29 others like this.
  3. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I am light headed... and Stevie Ray's Riviera Paradise has started playing in my head...

4. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    @Chui Thanks Paul! You certainly have a very attractive pair of sweet slicers today!
    @Duckdog Thank you Stuart! Stunning bone covers on your "classy Cases!" Btw, your German "cork popper" is darn nice too!;)
    @5K Qs Those great old memories; thanks GT! You have an excellent blade assortment in today's terrific trifecta!:cool:

I saw something that reminded me of strawberries, so I am going with these two Robeson Jacks (both English) today :D
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Old Hunter, ISKRA and 27 others like this.
  5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Fantastic to see those two together Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the reminder Rachel, I forgot how to do that a few years back, and have been meaning to ask someone! :D Hope I remember this time! :rolleyes: Great pic there :) :thumbsup:

Delightful pair Dylan :) :thumbsup:

I can't remember the last time I saw them on sale here (though I miss a lot of stuff). I remember my dad telling me about them, and then they became available again here in the 70's. There was a popular children's programme called Crackerjack here when I was a kid :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a very happy weekend as I step out with a Hartshead Barlow and my Abbeydale Jack :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    20190622_004600.jpg French knife, french coin.
    Carnelian arrowhead 20190622_005302.jpg

Old Hunter, ISKRA, Laurelbb and 28 others like this.
  7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Well now you get a sticker, but that's hardly a prize.
    And I'm not even sure if a certain law pertains to cracker jacks when they can still put things in cereal, it would explain this if it did.

8. Magizm7

Magizm7 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2017
    Copperlock today. New pattern to me but just a great size.
    Screenshot_20190622-112614.jpg Screenshot_20190622-112841__01.jpg

9. jlhoffman74

jlhoffman74

Nov 30, 2014
    Another antique mall find! This is a great barlow knife although I don't know much about the history of this knife. I cleaned it up and but I can't read the tang stamp, the price tag said it was from Massachussets with no date at all. The letters on the tang stamp are worn but I can make out "PENK DWE" on the top and on the bottom "QUINCY" on the bottom. Its a great knife, very solid and the blade pull was about a 6 before I flushed out everything, now its a 10!!! I am going to try and work at it still. The handle is a candy like sawcut brown that has been repaired with what looks like a resin mixed with sawdust to try and match the handle covers. If anyone has any info about where this came from or could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know more about the history of this knife. Also I sharpened it it up and into the pocket it went because it still has a lot of history left.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Old Hunter, Pàdruig, ISKRA and 32 others like this.
  10. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Thanks Jeff, they make a good front pocket/back pocket carry combo.

Duckdog likes this.
  11. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Was that movie called 1944, where Christopher Lee's Germans had sold Toshiro Mifune's Japanese a submarine with a defective compass, and somehow they caught Slim Pickens, who swallowed the compass out of the Cracker Jacks before the Japanese could use it?
    John Belushi shoots down Tim Matheson, who was only pretending to be a pilot so that Nancy Allen would consort with him. Larraine Gary and Ned Beatty. Cameo by Robert Stack.

Scary. I saw that movie once in the early 80s.

You guys are getting off topic.

Going a little lighter today:
    [​IMG]

zolthar, Old Hunter, ISKRA and 27 others like this.
  12. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

Old Hunter, ISKRA, Duckdog and 23 others like this.
  13. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Beautiful navaja, Ray.
    And love the new profile pic :cool:

RayseM likes this.
  14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Y’all have a great day! :D

[​IMG]

Old Hunter, Pàdruig, ISKRA and 31 others like this.
  15. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    179604FC-09BD-4824-A60C-699B374C82FD.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    zolthar, Old Hunter, ISKRA and 30 others like this.
  16. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    No. She wants some Cracker Jacks. Get your mother exactly what she wants.

Had to for all the kick-a$$ moms. Enjoy your visit with your mom! Enjoy the day!

All Porch Members, I enjoyed the reflections of “Prizes Past” and the current state of “Rip Off” for prizes.

I do enjoy a 100 calorie snack in its own box at the ready and, not allowing me to consume to many hollow calories. Eating a box of Cracker Jacks is so much more moralizing than having a small more processed snack.

A rare word post for me, but Mom and Cracker Jack had my attention.

zolthar, Old Hunter, Duckdog and 9 others like this.
  17. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    lazy Saturday morning and I pulled out these two to carry. Winchester with pretty colored smooth bone and a calf roper in desert ironwood. winchester-calf roper - 1 (1).jpg

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Wright's Hartshead Barlow for me too.
    [​IMG]

19. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    These two today

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Old Hunter, ISKRA and 31 others like this.
  20. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Back to old patchy for the weekend. I just love this knife.

IMG_4359.JPG

Of course this is always in my pocket as of late.

IMG_4804.JPG

Old Hunter, Pàdruig, ISKRA and 28 others like this.