What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

View attachment 1149331 View attachment 1149333 View attachment 1149332

Gevonovich Gevonovich Thank you for your compliment Gev. It does not surprise me that you are moved by JD's work. Like you, he has the soul of an artist and poet. I always enjoy your posts; both the photography and especially the philosophy. You are certainly my choice to be the Porch's poet laureate. For his knife handles, JD uses almost exclusively materials sourced in the Yucatan Peninsula where he lives and makes his knives. For example, the handles of my knife are made from the horns of a fighting bull from the local arena. He intentionally left in some of the marks from the outer horn that the bull accumulated during his life. To me, the roughness of the horn contrasts well with his elegant file work. His escutcheon plates are made from antique Mexican silver coins. I also like the colors he chose to blend into this Zulu knife.

Last edited:
32381393573_c8b016c2c1_k.jpg

Aside from the knife, I love those bottle caps. Adds a great touch, Gev.

These two today

VSmoJs3.jpg

Exceptional choices, both of them. Truly perfect in every way.

View attachment 1149315Anyway, back on topic.
Gotta carry stag on Saturday, even if it’s smooth, polished elk. I really like the feel of the smooth elk in hand. And my old lump, aka: Vic Champion at the farm.View attachment 1149307View attachment 1149306

Carry that lump with pride!!!

I’m still rocking the SwissTank. Digging the new Latino leather fob I made. I was desperate for a new picture background this morning, so I used a burnt cedar plank from last Wednesday’s grilled salmon.

2M1EV3Th.jpg

Thank you for the reminder Rachel, I forgot how to do that a few years back, and have been meaning to ask someone! :D Hope I remember this time! :rolleyes: Great pic there :) :thumbsup:

I'm grateful for your clear instructions, Rachel; they even make logical sense to me! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Whenever I see that fireball hurtling toward the bolster of your horn lambsfoot, I feel the need, the need for speed! :rolleyes::cool::thumbsup:
You're welcome, fellows. :):thumbsup: I must say though: if I'm your tech support, we're in trouble! :p
(Actually, I've had practice lately. Over the phone to NY, I talked my 85 year old mother through programming her universal remote control. I feel I can explain pretty much anything now) :D

I guess the Horn Guardian will stay in my pocket through the weekend. Hopefully it'll soon get the honors of opening the package with a Hartshead Barlow I've been cyber-stalking.
fPZU5zg.jpg

Lovely stag Dwight, I'm enjoying seeing all the Hartshead Barlow pics
Thank you Jack. So am I my friend!

Gevonovich Gevonovich Thank you for your compliment Gev. It does not surprise me that you are moved by JD's work. Like you, he has the soul of an artist and poet. I always enjoy your posts; both the photography and especially the philosophy. You are certainly my choice to be the Porch's poet laureate. For his knife handles, JD uses almost exclusively materials sourced in the Yucatan Peninsula where he lives and makes his knives. For example, the handles of my knife are made from the horns of a fighting bull from the local arena. He intentionally left in some of the marks from the outer horn that the bull accumulated during his life. To me, the roughness of the horn contrasts well with his elegant file work. His escutcheon plates are made from antique Mexican silver coins. I also like the colors he chose to blend into this Zulu knife.
+1 on Gev as our poet laureate (actually I think he already is :)). I love your JD Ware Greg. A very special piece.

I got this one out for the evening.

YJANU3V.jpg

FD2xRWe.jpg
Never will get tired of seeing that monstrous beauty.

Your too kind, Leslie (blush emoticon)

I have coveted JD's work since the first time I saw one of his pieces . In that moment my heart was captured. Thanks for bringing your piece to light ! Pure essence :)

Back