What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

irHQn7E.jpg
The perfect Barlow.

Thank you for your response, Jack. I didn’t want to call it a Lambsfoot, but wasn’t sure. With or without the tang stamp, Abbeydale is gorgeous, and captured in beautiful light.

Thank you Harvey, I should carry it more really :)

Superb pair, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool: The Abbeydale Jack and your "inner glow" oxhorn are still perhaps my favorites from your collection. :)

Thanks GT, it's a while since I've had pocket-space for my oxhorn Lambsfoot too - too many knives! :rolleyes:

Great pic Taylor :thumbsup:

View attachment 1149331 View attachment 1149333 View attachment 1149332

@Gevonovich Thank you for your compliment Gev. It does not surprise me that you are moved by JD's work. Like you, he has the soul of an artist and poet. I always enjoy your posts; both the photography and especially the philosophy. You are certainly my choice to be the Porch's poet laureate. For his knife handles, JD uses almost exclusively materials sourced in the Yucatan Peninsula where he lives and makes his knives. For example, the handles of my knife are made from the horns of a fighting bull from the local arena. He intentionally left in some of the marks from the outer horn that the bull accumulated during his life. To me, the roughness of the horn contrasts well with his elegant file work. His escutcheon plates are made from antique Mexican silver coins. I also like the colors he chose to blend into this Zulu knife.

That's a special knife from a true craftsman Leslie :thumbsup:

You're welcome, fellows. :):thumbsup: I must say though: if I'm your tech support, we're in trouble! :p
(Actually, I've had practice lately. Over the phone to NY, I talked my 85 year old mother through programming her universal remote control. I feel I can explain pretty much anything now) :D

I guess the Horn Guardian will stay in my pocket through the weekend. Hopefully it'll soon get the honors of opening the package with a Hartshead Barlow I've been cyber-stalking.
fPZU5zg.jpg

LOL! :D That's an impressive achievement though Rachel, I might ask you to explain how to use my DVD recorder! :D Nice Lambsfoot pic :) :thumbsup:

Today with two Portuguese knives one with hands in stag and the other in bovine horn!:):thumbsup:

23sg2fn.jpg
16krgo3.jpg

Beautiful knives Jose :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:

Exceptional choices, both of them. Truly perfect in every way.

Carry that lump with pride!!!

I’m still rocking the SwissTank. Digging the new Latino leather fob I made. I was desperate for a new picture background this morning, so I used a burnt cedar plank from last Wednesday’s grilled salmon.

2M1EV3Th.jpg
What's Latino about the fob?

Back