What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

3bKwAAl.jpg

Cargo shorts!

Beautiful images Jack!

Have a great Sunday folks.View attachment 1149606

Thanks a lot Dwight, great pic of your new Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Never, unless you're swimming in deep water.

I may be, if the floor collapses! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Have a blessed Sunday! :D

48113323471_a38fe3b486_b_d.jpg

Lovely clean pic Ron :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Those two are very spiffy.
I look forward to seeing Abbydale again. I have a little crush.:)

Thanks a lot Harvey, here it is with the blade open :) :thumbsup:

6xtpfcW.jpg

John Watts, Sheffield. Couldn’t resist. Cheers!
View attachment 1149631

That's a cool John Watts :) My grandfather grew up very close to the factory :thumbsup:

dVhofiU.jpg

View attachment 1149631
Oh my yes Harvey, who could resist? All metal, lobster no less! WOWZA!

Thanks a lot Dwight, great pic of your new Barlow
Thank you Jack and let me say these knife slips could not be a more perfect compliment to the barlows. Love love love em. Please tell the lady who made them how wonderful they are. Thank you!

Thanks a lot Dwight, great pic of your new Barlow :) :thumbsup:

I may be, if the floor collapses! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Lovely clean pic Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Harvey, here it is with the blade open :) :thumbsup:

6xtpfcW.jpg

That's a cool John Watts :) My grandfather grew up very close to the factory :thumbsup:

dVhofiU.jpg
Thank you Jack. Look at that Haft! Exquisite. Thank you for showing it again, and thank you for the John Watts Image.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Thank you Kindly, Dwight.

LOL! :D That's an impressive achievement though Rachel, I might ask you to explain how to use my DVD recorder! :D Nice Lambsfoot pic :) :thumbsup:

I'm impressed.

Thank you. :D The only thing that made it possible is that I have the very same model of universal remote in hand, and could tell her exactly where was each button she needed to press next.

That's some wonderful grain showing in that rosewood. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Both of those Case knives are simply drool worthy.

Those are some beauties Stuart !

Lightning strikes twice, Stuart! ;):cool::cool: Engaging finds, especially the red/black stripes!

D Duckdog Thank you Stuart! Stunning bone covers on your "classy Cases!" Btw, your German "cork popper" is darn nice too!;)

Thanks, guys.

Utica Jack today

Gorgeous knife, Steve. Fine picture, too.

It will most likely be one of these today! :D

Great score, Ron. (Though there seems to be a lot of scoring going on.)

Dwight inspired:cool::thumbsup: A great knife!!!

Yes, that's a beauty, Paul.

Lambsfoot of the Week is Cracker Jack, an Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son

That Cracker Jack is a prize, GT.

Today with two beautiful stag knives, A. Wright & Son and Case mini trapper.:):thumbsup:

Carried this 100+ year old jack knife by Bayonne Cutlery, Bayonne NJ, paired with a stag handled Fight'n Rooster pen.

Fine old friends for a Friday.

Lambsfoot in horn in the sun:

Beautiful, r8shell.

I saw something that reminded me of strawberries, so I am going with these two Robeson Jacks (both English) today :D

Handsome old Robeson bone, JJ. Strawberry fields forever, though I think that they only use that bone from 1948-1959.

Wishing everyone a very happy weekend as I step out with a Hartshead Barlow and my Abbeydale Jack :) :thumbsup:

You've got a staggering pair there, Jack.

hunting, but the crops are going to be really bad this year. On our aunt’s farm, two of her three fields will not be planted at all ~ too wet, and a big deciding factor is that after a certain date, you can’t get crop insurance. With the price of seed, fertilizer, and fuel on the line, and the late date, they are just not planting at all this year.

For his knife handles, JD uses almost exclusively materials sourced in the Yucatan Peninsula where he lives and makes his knives. For example, the handles of my knife are made from the horns of a fighting bull from the local arena. He intentionally left in some of the marks from the outer horn that the bull accumulated during his life. To me, the roughness of the horn contrasts well with his elegant file work. His escutcheon plates are made from antique Mexican silver coins. I also like the colors he chose to blend into this Zulu knife.

Great stuff!!

Today with two Portuguese knives one with hands in stag and the other in bovine horn!:):thumbsup:

Very nice, José.

Couple of Fancy Dans for Sunday ;) :D :thumbsup:

Well done, Jack, Well done, indeed.

Schrade Cutco and a #43 today

Super Schrade, Steve.

POST NOTE: Something went awry with my multi-quote. Apologies to all whose comments I messed up. @Amir Fleschwund Thanks for the crop report, Jeff, and condolences to your aunt for her fields. Where I hunt, it is a grazing operation with lots of planted food plots, so we may have some of the only available food sources by October. Still, it could be a tough year (especially for the farmers).

- Stuart

Last edited:
I'm looking for inspiration in picking my totin' choice today, and those are inspiring me to pick one of these:

JLnqD8I.jpg

a5WEkgG.jpg

- Stuart

I couldn't make my mind up with that trio of Queen 22s (1972), so I've pocketed this pair of Queen 27s (1958-1960) to tote today. Yes, they are almost redundant, but I've got to get out of the knife cave and moving this morning.

MDXyRAy.jpg

NkWC7EH.jpg

- Stuart

My oh my such decisions to have to make ;):thumbsup:

Beauties !

These two today

VSmoJs3.jpg
Advantageous pair, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: If you're asking for our preference, I'll vote for the aged bone! :D

No offense intended, Harvey, but that pair of "cartoon" tools makes me laugh! :thumbsup::D:D

An absolute awesome favorite in ebony and my newest Pioneer, seem to compliment each other.

mgloEsh.jpg
I'm a sucker for a red/black pairing, James! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the new crimson Pioneer!

Stagurday carry.

Y:eek:WZA! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

It is a really nice area, GT. And I must say, I’m blessed to have married into a super nice, down home family.

We got within 50 mile of Mitchell, and it’s corn monstrosity. I must admit to being a little strange. I’d rather drive 60 miles out of my way on a mud road than go see a tourist trap. What I love the most about traveling is the country back roads, and the city alleys.
Jeff, I whole-heartedly agree with you about "feeling" the countryside and the back roads, but the Corn Palace was truly fascinating to me when I finally saw it a couple years ago. It's just so unique, nothing like it anywhere else in the world.
Jeff, you make a good point, but so does Jeff! :confused::rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with two Portuguese knives one with hands in stag and the other in bovine horn!:):thumbsup:

23sg2fn.jpg
16krgo3.jpg
I always enjoy seeing some of your beautiful local knives, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Added this today after I sharpened it up.
Classy pen knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Who made it? Where did you find it?

Thanks Gary. MAM had been a bit neglected lately, she deserved a day out .
I'm no poet and I know it.:D
;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I figured I'd go with a worker and a whittler :)
Desirable duo, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool: How do you like that Calf Pen Jack?

Thanks GT, it's a while since I've had pocket-space for my oxhorn Lambsfoot too - too many knives! :rolleyes:
If you send me a list of knives and a set of carry criteria, maybe I can work up a rotation schedule for you! :D:cool:

Couple of Fancy Dans for Sunday ;) :D :thumbsup:

C6eGkmI.jpg

sOwEyGy.jpg
Fancy and fantastic, indeed, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I keep forgetting you have that special Hartshead stag that Wright's presented you! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have a blessed Sunday! :D

48113323471_a38fe3b486_b_d.jpg
Such elegant photos of your exquisite knives, Dwight and Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Would that I could learn how to take a pic with no reflections! :eek::rolleyes:

LOL. Damned autocorrect. It was supposed to be Latigo leather.
Thanks. I was almost doubting my multi-culturalism.
:p:p:thumbsup:

View attachment 1149631
That Watts champagne knife is definitely irresistible, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Nice back scratcher, too. :cool::thumbsup:)

3bKwAAl.jpg

Cargo shorts!
Four knives and nearly-countless blades in your cargo! :cool::cool::thumbsup: How are you liking that single-bladed 78? (1-blade knives are rarely my first choice.)

You're welcome, fellows. :):thumbsup: I must say though: if I'm your tech support, we're in trouble! :p
(Actually, I've had practice lately. Over the phone to NY, I talked my 85 year old mother through programming her universal remote control. I feel I can explain pretty much anything now) :D

I guess the Horn Guardian will stay in my pocket through the weekend. Hopefully it'll soon get the honors of opening the package with a Hartshead Barlow I've been cyber-stalking.
Thank you. :D The only thing that made it possible is that I have the very same model of universal remote in hand, and could tell her exactly where was each button she needed to press next.
I find explaining almost anything that's at least semi-technical very difficult over the phone. So I'm really impressed by your success with your mom's remote, even given the huge assistance of each of you having the same model in hand! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Hope your Hartshead Barlow lands soon. :)

That Cracker Jack is a prize, GT.
- Stuart
Always enjoy your word play, Stuart. :)

Two favorites...
Understandably so, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
How did the drum corps do yesterday?

I'm looking for inspiration in picking my totin' choice today, and those are inspiring me to pick one of these:

JLnqD8I.jpg

- Stuart
Inspirational trio of Queens, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::cool: IIRC, don't you have a box brimming with Queen Barlows?

As is my Sunday custom, I'll post my everyday foursome:
2018.11.EDC.natural.jpg

- GT

Back