What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

1R4LaGm.jpg

Only the best for this day. Happy 4th everyone!

Forgive my shameless plagiarism of a document relevant to this day in US history. :rolleyes:

Your black Farmer is very cool! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve" clamshell packaging, or zip ties, or tape, that pair of knives looks more than capable.

Sensational photo, Harvey! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Someday I'd like to try a lambsfoot knife with two blades that I could promote to "the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them".

Gev, "a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare" that when you carry that knife, you've got sunshine on a cloudy day! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident", that those knives are a dramatic, yet dignified, dark duo, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Ron, while we maintain "that all men are created equal", the same is not true for knives, as evidenced by that wood pair which, while equal to each other, are superior to so many knives! :cool::cool:;)

FBC, that model in its original form is what inspired my love affair with the sowbelly stockman pattern, and I'd NEVER modify the spey into a punch. But it's YOUR knife, and "it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it"! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good pop culture connection, Jeff! :p:D The question is, are alien Body Snatchers "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and "that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of" sleeping humans? :rolleyes::confused:

Congrats on that classic Case, John; it "seem(s) most likely to effect (your) Safety and Happiness." What model and age is it, do you know?

Same to you, Del! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Everything in your photo seems "most wholesome and necessary for the public good", and that knife is an amazing pocket fireworks display! ;):thumbsup:

Congrats on the trio of pleasing new acquisitions, @Leslie Tomville! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I trust that, as with all of your knives, you will be able "to provide new Guards for their future security."

You still have the touch for your thematic pics, Ken! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I just hope you're not imposing the Yellow Rose of "Taxes on us without our Consent"! :rolleyes::D

Hey, that blade etch is making me think my eyes are improving, Vince! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: That's a fine British knife, but I hope all the US Guardians of the Lambsfoot who carry them realize "that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown"! :eek:

That Opinel is really all the knife you ever need! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Good point about identifying knives that are posted here :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:; I've been around The Porch for several years, but there are always knives I don't recognize and would like to know more about. But don't be afraid to request more info from posters. Often, I "have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity" in requesting knife IDs, and most are more than willing to help. It's almost like Porch denizens "mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor." :cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on that bonny bone Waynorth lambsfoot, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Seeing you with that pair has me singing this classic:

Colorful covers, indeed, JJ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I especially like that Imperial toothpick. One of my favorite knives is similar, but with clip/pen blades and plain yellow "skin".

Thanks, and same to you! :)

Thanks, José, I'm very fortunate to have it; I looked for one for a long time. :) I certainly prefer the pen blade on the Cadet II to the nail file on current Cadets.

Laurel and Will, each of you has a knife with glorious grain! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Excellent pair of UK/USA knives, Jack, and thanks for the holiday well-wishes! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm so glad that Americans no longer accuse Brits of being "deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity." ;):cool::thumbsup:

- GT
Great post, Gary. Hope you have a jubilant 4th of July. :)

Back