1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
  2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Suitable for framing, John.

@Foddering Something completely different and very nice, Dwight.

Rainy Days
    [​IMG]

3. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    @cigarrodog - Meguiars Gold Class carnauba plus. Recognized it right off. :D I very much like it Harvey.

Pt-Luso, TFBraden, Half/Stop and 2 others like this.
  4. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes it is GT, a very generous gift from @Jack Black . I have to admit I have been slow to warm up to this pattern. I have had it for a while and not really used it. However, Jeff @black mamba advised me to "just use it, you'll get it". Having finally given it a fair shake I am beginning to see the light, it just plain works and works well.

Thanks Alan! I had great fun sharing the experience with this forum. This is the first time I viewed the Cup in person, ever. Being paraded down Market street by the team captain for the first time in team history:

[​IMG]

Carrying these two today, my “Friday” for this week :).

[​IMG]

5. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Dwight.:)

6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I haven’t carried these two in a while! :) But I’m taking care of that issue today! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    This weather calls for something tough. A micarta sowbelly and a large clip wire jack. IMG_0589-864x622.JPG

8. jmarston

jmarston

Dec 6, 2010
    This coastal forestry work has my carbon blades rusting red like ginger stepchild.
    Rain, high humidity and sweat running saw kicked my muskrat and replaced with this Case Trapper in Trusharp. I wasnt much of a trapper fan until I modified this one. I pulled the spey and one liner. Makes for a great working blade. Doesn't snag on brush but heavy duty enough for whatever I may encounter
    [​IMG]

9. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    That's a beauty Nick.

kai76 likes this.
  11. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    20190718_121956.jpg

12. DCFree

DCFree Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2019
    [​IMG]

13. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Very interesting indeed !! I appreciated your time and thank you for the information :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope to see it often

14. DCFree

DCFree Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2019
    As a Caps fan, got to enjoy a similar scene last year. Congrats on a great season and enjoy the celebration, the Cup, and the knives!

Whetstone39 likes this.
  15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! :D No, they're hand-painted bowls from Greece and Crete Gary :) :thumbsup:

Loving all the Lambsfoot pics recently :) :thumbsup:

Mine today ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

16. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gary!

Gary, you Colt Teardrop looks like a sturdy companion. :thumbsup:

17. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Knives I carried on the trail today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks DC, much appreciated! When I carry one my Blues cup run knives I can’t help but think of the experience and smile.

DCFree likes this.
  19. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Camillus
    [​IMG]

20. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Gev, your Camillus is a beauty. Is it three blades or 2? Love the jigging.

dc50 likes this.