1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I was using it to denote the traditional Jewish 7th day (Saturday), but I do consider Sunday a "Christian Sabbath," and my day of rest.

2. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    That Tl-29 mod looks great! I love that steel Camillus used, takes a wicked edge and the blade profile is perfect.
    I used to find these at a local flea-market all the time for around 10 bucks and give them away as gifts,and regret not keeping any for myself because now I can't find them :rolleyes:

Nice guitar too :D

akaMatt and Amir Fleschwund like this.
  3. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank, Gary! I got the navy blue tribal for two reasons: navy blue and barehead. And I do very much like it. I like the new quartet pic. :thumbsup:

4. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Hope y’all have had a good weekend! Mines been hot and sweaty. I carried a #47 Hayn’ Helper Sheepfoot with OD Green Linen Micarta yesterday. We were redoing some beds so I was cutting landscape fabric and bags of mulch. Sorry for not getting any photos but I was so tired after a day in the mid 90’s I didn’t have the energy. Today has been more relaxing. We went to town and had a nice lunch. We also made a stop by Sam’s Club and the grocery store. I also filled up Pam’s car with gas. I did say today was more relaxing, didn’t I?? :eek: I’ve had these two 93’s in my pockets today. :D

[​IMG]

TFBraden, TheFactor, Duckdog and 25 others like this.
  5. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    This is a little late (have 1800 messages to go through yet, bloody hell!) but that new Lionsteel Bestman is one sweet knife.

6. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    TFBraden, JOELSM, TheFactor and 18 others like this.
  7. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks on both, my friend!

Well, my post-church schedule involves three things that I deeply enjoy doing, and find very satisfying:
    1. Eating peanut butter and tomato sandwiches~ toms are ripening on the vine, and over the next month or two, I will be eating and canning massive quantities.
    2.Working in my garden, dividing and transplanting perennials.
    3. Smoking a fat roasting hen for supper.

I swapped the little Cam. pen for this indispensable gardening tool, a Camillus no.1 Hawkbill Pruner, for dead heading the bee balm. EFBCF161-E7FC-4636-9008-2ABD631E9592.jpeg

Duckdog, Crazy Canuck, dc50 and 20 others like this.
  8. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    In an effort to get my siblings and I to eat vegetables when I was growing up, my mom would say “put something green on your plate”. :)

[​IMG]

RayseM, Crazy Canuck, dc50 and 27 others like this.
  9. steelnut

steelnut Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Peanut butter and tomato? Elvis wouldn't even eat that!

Today it's dill pickle relish..
    [​IMG]
    Northwoods presidential, maroon micarta

10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Elvis loved peanut butter & Spam! :D

dc50, JohnDF, Jack Black and 4 others like this.
  11. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, JOELSM, Duckdog and 27 others like this.
  12. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    Oughta try it fore ya knock it.
    Especially with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt on top. The flavor and juiciness of the maters really does compliment the pb.

13. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    @JJ Cahill @Jack Black @5K Qs Thanks JJ, Jack and Gary!

That Crucible.....

What a beautiful knife and nice to see that it’s well loved!

Schrade mini moose.
    [​IMG]

14. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    2010 smooth yellow bone Half Congress along with some additional color.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    Beautiful knife and photos, Paul!

paulhilborn likes this.
  16. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Jeff, just some wild flower, leaves, insects and such while Nanc and I took the dogs out to a local medicine wheel park:thumbsup:

17. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Fabulous Paul!! Thank you

cigarrodog and paulhilborn like this.
  18. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    More than welcome my friend, I try to match the beauty you post here on a regular basis:thumbsup::)

19. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    You leave me in the dust ! :)

cigarrodog and paulhilborn like this.
  20. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    For morning church service, it was my white Mini-Copperlock with the Icthus shield (my normal Sunday morning carry). The afternoon and evening found my Case Sodbuster Jr. with yellow Delrin sides in my pocket. Sorry for the lack of individual pictures...BTW, the Case Stockman is available in the Pay It Forward thread...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]