What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

rrRiir.jpg

Thanks! The pruner was easier to sharpen than I expected, and very pocket friendly for a pruner. ;)
You did a fine job and you already put that beauty to work; excellent!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
I’m diggin this Crucible.;)
Thanks Jeff!!! It looks like you've had an excellent day with you superb Camillus knives; from hanging out with your lovely Gibson to making a PB&T sammy! Have you ever added bacon to the mix? I'll bet that would taste great!:rolleyes:
Breakfast and today's carry (not the fork;))
Now that looks like a marvelous way to start the day!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Wow Gev, another sublime shot of a magnificent knife!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. I’m a sucker for vintage sleeve boards. Yours is a fine one.
Thank you Harvey!!!
Carrying 2 today. First is a Joseph Rodger Victorian Era cigar knife. The poker eases the draw on too tightly rolled cigars. The second is a Hartshead Barlow with a treat.
What an amazing Joseph Roger cigar knife; I wish I knew about a knife like that when I used to indulge my senses! Talk about "sweetening the pot," another great shot of your Hartshead after slicing that piece of heaven!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes: It's time for a snack!:D
Here's a new pic of my same old quartet of knives I have with me 24/7/365:
2019-8-edc-open-jpg.1181066
Great shot of your "round the clock" quartet Gary!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
That Crucible.....
Thanks Nick! Love your Schrade mini moose; beautiful covers!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
2010 smooth yellow bone Half Congress along with some additional color.
Delightful images Paul and an outstanding knife, as well!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Last edited:
My totes for today will be among two of my favorites from before WWII; a Keen Kutter Barlow and a Cattaraugus "Whit-L-Craft" scout. :D
Those are wonderful. And great photo.

Maybe I can catch up on this thread some this week. Yesterday's carries below. These are both from our flea market trips. The Schrade took a little work, cleaned up nicely. The Ulster BSA knife took very little. Really excited about the 7-OT, and the original sheath is cool. Always wanted one as a teenager. Haven't held one in probably close to 40 years, forgot what a solid knife it is. This one is carbon steel. I don't have any idea of the dates on these, so if anyone has info it would be appreciated.
20190818_111231 sized 30.jpg
20190818_125149 sized 30.jpg
Today's carry. Wanted one of these for a bit, finding one in stag, unused and in original tin, was a bonus.
20190819_072151 sized 30.jpg

I'm still to get bitten by the Pruner bug, but when I carry one, the one I carry is the same as yours Rachel :) I usually sharpen mine on a kitchen steel, or on a ceramic rod held like a steel :thumbsup:
I used the corner of a flat ceramic stone to start, and now can touch it up with a rod like that. :cool::thumbsup: It really is a nice little pruner, and the blade doesn't stand up so far out of the well, making it more practical than some for pocket carry.
You did a fine job and you already put that beauty to work; excellent!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks. I know it's Monday, but it feels like a Wednesday. ;)
xdq6ee1.jpg

I used the corner of a flat ceramic stone to start, and now can touch it up with a rod like that. :cool::thumbsup: It really is a nice little pruner, and the blade doesn't stand up so far out of the well, making it more practical than some for pocket carry.

Thanks. I know it's Monday, but it feels like a Wednesday. ;)
xdq6ee1.jpg

Cool :cool: I'm glad you like it Rachel, that's a nice pairing :) :thumbsup:

Back