1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
  2. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    You did a fine job and you already put that beauty to work; excellent!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Thanks Jeff!!! It looks like you've had an excellent day with you superb Camillus knives; from hanging out with your lovely Gibson to making a PB&T sammy! Have you ever added bacon to the mix? I'll bet that would taste great!:rolleyes:
    Now that looks like a marvelous way to start the day!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    Wow Gev, another sublime shot of a magnificent knife!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Thank you Harvey!!!
    What an amazing Joseph Roger cigar knife; I wish I knew about a knife like that when I used to indulge my senses! Talk about "sweetening the pot," another great shot of your Hartshead after slicing that piece of heaven!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes: It's time for a snack!:D
    Great shot of your "round the clock" quartet Gary!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    Thanks Nick! Love your Schrade mini moose; beautiful covers!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    Delightful images Paul and an outstanding knife, as well!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  3. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    My totes for today will be among two of my favorites from before WWII; a Keen Kutter Barlow and a Cattaraugus "Whit-L-Craft" scout. :D
    [​IMG]

4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Fantastic pics Paul :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope your week gets off to a good start everyone :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

5. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Being a Feline Fan, I'm unleashing the Cougar to face the week;) Its Ebony, Panther, friend will have to return to its real owner this week:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

6. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
  7. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Fantastic pair, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Will, I’m so glad you found your Cougar! :thumbsup: The Churchill is such a fine pattern! :thumbsup::D

Sweet!!! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup::D

Good Monday to everyone! I’m carrying two favorites today! :D

[​IMG]

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Something small for work and something big to add to it later today.
    [​IMG]

11. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I try to make every day a day of rest, the better to honor the Lord.

12. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Been so busy with work lately I haven't been taking time to take a pic of my daily carry. Haven't posted anything here in awhile, so today I got these. Little morning sun to show off the red.

TFBraden, sunknife, SVTFreak and 23 others like this.
  13. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Those are wonderful. And great photo.

Maybe I can catch up on this thread some this week. Yesterday's carries below. These are both from our flea market trips. The Schrade took a little work, cleaned up nicely. The Ulster BSA knife took very little. Really excited about the 7-OT, and the original sheath is cool. Always wanted one as a teenager. Haven't held one in probably close to 40 years, forgot what a solid knife it is. This one is carbon steel. I don't have any idea of the dates on these, so if anyone has info it would be appreciated.
    20190818_111231 sized 30.jpg
    20190818_125149 sized 30.jpg
    Today's carry. Wanted one of these for a bit, finding one in stag, unused and in original tin, was a bonus.
    20190819_072151 sized 30.jpg

TFBraden, sunknife, SVTFreak and 20 others like this.
  14. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    A476485C-2153-4300-BA10-91F124578107.jpeg GEC 21, A.Wright & son Lambfoot, and an heirloom variety in the beefsteak family called Mortgage Lifter. 1lb,13oz.
    Have a juicy Monday!

15. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Trapper and a Stockman

[​IMG]

16. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Talk about sublime...wow !! Or should I say....meow :D

TheFactor, JJ Cahill and cigarrodog like this.
  17. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I used the corner of a flat ceramic stone to start, and now can touch it up with a rod like that. :cool::thumbsup: It really is a nice little pruner, and the blade doesn't stand up so far out of the well, making it more practical than some for pocket carry.
    Thanks. I know it's Monday, but it feels like a Wednesday. ;)
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, cjtamu, ISKRA and 26 others like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    She's a looker! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you John :) :thumbsuup:

Two smashers Ron :thumbsup:

19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Cool :cool: I'm glad you like it Rachel, that's a nice pairing :) :thumbsup:

Travman, r8shell, Duckdog and 2 others like this.
  20. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    IMHO, the best of Charlie's TC Barlows enjoying nature.

[​IMG]