What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This second Case XX CV Barlow has really impressed me :thumbsup:
It’s a joy to carry , use and fondle :D
4cF64q6.jpg

For today I'll be toting a couple of medium sized pen knives, each with a stout main blade; a Crucible Knife Co sleeveboard from the late 20's and a Robeson EE from the 20's-30's. :D
That shadow Crucible is especially eye-catching! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your pair "runs the gamut" in size, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning! today's carry A Wright Ironwood Lambsfoot
View attachment 1180797
Always a pleasure to see your Totem, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

...We are expecting the 14th consecutive day of over 100 degree temperatures, so I think this is a good day for puttering around inside.
I like summer, but 2 solid weeks of 100+ is redikooluss!! :eek:

This knife has grown on me since I got it by mistake (the box Case put it in was mislabeled). It has become my favorite stockman. In the spirit of mistakes, I cut myself while setting up this photo. :(:eek:

Great stockman, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Coincidentally, I cut myself last week when I fumbled the knife while setting up a glamor shot of the canoe Rachel scrimshawed for me. :rolleyes: No stitches or bone showing, but definitely the worst knife cut I've ever had.

View attachment 1181024
Today I’m carrying two traditional workhorses.
Impressive pair, Jon! :thumbsup::cool::cool: You know your rosewood lambsfoot is nearly identical to mine, and now I have a Case saw cut brown CV Barlow nearly identical to yours! :rolleyes:
sawcutCV.mark.2open.shade.jpg

I was using it to denote the traditional Jewish 7th day (Saturday), but I do consider Sunday a "Christian Sabbath," and my day of rest.
Thanks for the clarification, Vince. :) I thought maybe you were giving us a sneak preview of your Sunday carries, but then I remembered "Sabbath" is often used for Saturday, too.

Thank, Gary! I got the navy blue tribal for two reasons: navy blue and barehead. And I do very much like it. I like the new quartet pic. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) Your navy blue Tribal Lock has nice dark blue all the way to the bolster, which I think is optimal! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I’ve had these two 93’s in my pockets today. :D

48415287916_a8a32731b6_b_d.jpg
Sensational pair of 93s, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Do you and Harry @Old Engineer have a pact about pairing these up? ;)

Well, my post-church schedule involves three things that I deeply enjoy doing, and find very satisfying:
1. Eating peanut butter and tomato sandwiches~ toms are ripening on the vine, and over the next month or two, I will be eating and canning massive quantities.
2.Working in my garden, dividing and transplanting perennials.
3. Smoking a fat roasting hen for supper.

I swapped the little Cam. pen for this indispensable gardening tool, a Camillus no.1 Hawkbill Pruner, for dead heading the bee balm.View attachment 1181107
Jeff, I admire a man with a plan, and the tools to carry it out! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

In an effort to get my siblings and I to eat vegetables when I was growing up, my mom would say “put something green on your plate”. :)

:D:D:thumbsup: Sons can be quite exasperating to their moms, Tom!

Today it's dill pickle relish..
iBjkPvI.jpg

Northwoods presidential, maroon micarta
Man, those Presidentials are heavenly knives!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For morning church service, it was my white Mini-Copperlock with the Icthus shield (my normal Sunday morning carry). The afternoon and evening found my Case Sodbuster Jr. with yellow Delrin sides in my pocket. Sorry for the lack of individual pictures...BTW, the Case Stockman is available in the Pay It Forward thread...
hovzc7T.jpg

zPOFU7d.jpg
Bunch of Case beauties, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Kinda favor mini copperlocks, eh? ;))

Great shot of your "round the clock" quartet Gary!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you, sir. :)

My totes for today will be among two of my favorites from before WWII; a Keen Kutter Barlow and a Cattaraugus "Whit-L-Craft" scout. :D
That Catt scout is something else, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Being a Feline Fan, I'm unleashing the Cougar to face the week;) Its Ebony, Panther, friend will have to return to its real owner this week:thumbsup:

K0N9GV8.jpg
Charming couple of Churchills, Will! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I enjoyed the story of how you finally found the cougar-clawed model that had been MIA for months.

Something small for work and something big to add to it later today.
Sweet swayback, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

... Really excited about the 7-OT, and the original sheath is cool. Always wanted one as a teenager. Haven't held one in probably close to 40 years, forgot what a solid knife it is. This one is carbon steel. I don't have any idea of the dates on these, so if anyone has info it would be appreciated.
View attachment 1181541
View attachment 1181542
Today's carry. Wanted one of these for a bit, finding one in stag, unused and in original tin, was a bonus.
View attachment 1181543
That 7 OT must have come out after Buck introduced the 110, right?
Congrats on the stag 2-blade Swayback Jack; what a prize! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Trapper and a Stockman

zsBA1vU.jpg
Scintillating stockman, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMHO, the best of Charlie's TC Barlows enjoying nature.

Excellent photo of your Fine TC Barlow, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Wanted to go with some radical novelty :D

Shapleugh Hardware Co. jack - snappy weighty grace

29345025260_fa06220e07_k.jpg
Charming pic, Gev! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Superlative shot, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Very scenic setting for a very satisfying knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

This is a handy one.
s6MofGh.jpg
Dave, your shot reminds me that we returned home from vacation to a raised bed full of greens that need harvesting soon! ;):cool:

- GT

That shadow Crucible is especially eye-catching! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your pair "runs the gamut" in size, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Always a pleasure to see your Totem, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Great stockman, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Coincidentally, I cut myself last week when I fumbled the knife while setting up a glamor shot of the canoe Rachel scrimshawed for me. :rolleyes: No stitches or bone showing, but definitely the worst knife cut I've ever had.

Impressive pair, Jon! :thumbsup::cool::cool: You know your rosewood lambsfoot is nearly identical to mine, and now I have a Case saw cut brown CV Barlow nearly identical to yours! :rolleyes:
View attachment 1181838

Thanks for the clarification, Vince. :) I thought maybe you were giving us a sneak preview of your Sunday carries, but then I remembered "Sabbath" is often used for Saturday, too.

Thanks, Dean. :) Your navy blue Tribal Lock has nice dark blue all the way to the bolster, which I think is optimal! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Sensational pair of 93s, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Do you and Harry @Old Engineer have a pact about pairing these up? ;)

Jeff, I admire a man with a plan, and the tools to carry it out! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:D:thumbsup: Sons can be quite exasperating to their moms, Tom!

Man, those Presidentials are heavenly knives!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bunch of Case beauties, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Kinda favor mini copperlocks, eh? ;))

Thank you, sir. :)

That Catt scout is something else, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Charming couple of Churchills, Will! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I enjoyed the story of how you finally found the cougar-clawed model that had been MIA for months.

Sweet swayback, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That 7 OT must have come out after Buck introduced the 110, right?
Congrats on the stag 2-blade Swayback Jack; what a prize! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Scintillating stockman, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent photo of your Fine TC Barlow, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Charming pic, Gev! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Superlative shot, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Very scenic setting for a very satisfying knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Dave, your shot reminds me that we returned home from vacation to a raised bed full of greens that need harvesting soon! ;):cool:

- GT
Stunning Barlow GT. Great minds think alike ( And have great taste in cutlery) :thumbsup::D

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of it and they're predicting another week. It does cool down for a few hours before sunrise to 80 degrees, though. :rolleyes:

sawcutcv-mark-2open-shade-jpg.1181838
:eek: Not my fault! I didn't sharpen the edge on that canoe. :p
Nice Case Barlow. :cool::thumbsup:

........and now I have a Case saw cut brown CV Barlow nearly identical to yours! :rolleyes:
sawcutcv-mark-2open-shade-jpg.1181838
Thanks for the compliment on the 93's Gary! :) All I can say about two old engineers like Harry @Old Engineer and myself is, great minds really do think alike! :p Our only pact being we both have similar tastes in cutlery! :D You got a great Barlow there. I bought three in hopes of getting a good one. I got one of the three that has matching covers on the pile and mark sides. The other two not so good. I really need to get them out and photograph them for the Case Barlow thread. :D

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Sorry for the knife cut mishap. Heal quickly.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Thank you Gev. I had already acquired a sample. Taking your advice, I found online a free copy of Ouspensky’s “In Search of the Miraculous.”

Last edited:
Back