What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!
ae3TELP.jpg

I live in north Texas... we actually had a cold front come through.. dropped the temps down a few notches..... we might actually cool down to the 105+ level if it this trend continues....:rolleyes:

I had thought of putting some leather dye and sheen on this one, just to see how it reacts to it. I play with leather a little bit, not enough to be very good, but that's what I've done to a couple of sheaths I've cobbled together....I've never seen any mink oil.... would neatsfoot do the same thing, I wonder, or is mink more magical?
We got out of the 100's closer to the coast last week thank goodness. I don't know if neatsfoot has waterproofing properties, I don't think it does. Mink oil is old skool, it's been used for 150 years or more I think. Conditions and waterproofs. I use it on all my leather boots. NOT for suede or exotics though.

Okay, @RDaneel and 5K Qs 5K Qs y'all have to STOP with the Case Teardrops! You know I have a sickness! Not nice! :D

You picked an outstanding canvas for the wonderful scrimshaw art; a unique and lovely knife!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Super nice NYKCo "Dog Soldier" Gev!!! I'm sure that old soldier has some tales!:D

That's the coolest old Imperial Barlow I have yet to see, Dwight!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary; I can fully relate!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks again, Gary!!! I ponder the same question each time I peruse the remarkable collection of beauties in the BF "Old Knives" thread!!!:confused:

You have assuredly covered your "cutlery bases" as demonstrated in your 3 great choices!!! I am really liking the sowbelly pattern that you clearly know so well!:D

That is unquestionably a wonderful knife; I can see your great attraction Dan!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Remember those imperials from local Giant store,bought a large stockman,would rust hooribly

Ouch. Those are beautiful. And great photo.
Thank you!!! I've been admiring your great flea/estate finds; they all look almost new, awesome!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
A couple of nice Camies !
Thanks Steve!!! I see you have one in your slicing pair; excellent!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Triply incredible, JJ! You really put the Hammer(s) down! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you Gary!!! When you mentioned you Hammer fish knife I started digging!:rolleyes:
The hits just keep on coming from you, JJ!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And your nice compliments; thanks again!:D
Something old, something new-ish.

HckENcw.jpg
Very cool Stuart, it looks like an outstanding pair for a nice afternoon of imbibing and chatting with old pals!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My Big Knife this week is a Mercator Black Cat:
merc-pile-v-standing-jpg.1184046

Peanut-ish Knife this week is a Case CV yellow delrin pen knife:
yelpen-mark-main2-jpg.1184047

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV teardrop:
teardrop-mark-closed-jpg.1184048
Another perfect trifecta Gary; you certainly continue to pick the winners at this track!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Hope everyone is having a great Friday!
ae3TELP.jpg
Very cool Scott; it looks like your off to an amazing start!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Back