1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but those covers remind me of my childhood, but in a good way. Maybe the old children's books and movies from the 70's, 80's, or something? Anyway, I like it. Very nostalgic for me just looking at it.

2. 0lds

0lds Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2019
    Thank you! Looking forward to continuing to share and learn.

Duckdog and Half/Stop like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, GT. They are very similar, aren't they?

4. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    This one seems to mostly end up in my pocket. The build quality of this knife is superb and I have use for all of the blades. Besides, I can carry a unique piece of abstract art around with me too.
    [​IMG]

5. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Climb aboard Nick.:) Beautiful Empire you got there.:thumbsup:

6. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Gev, sounds like a great idea!!! Fantastic image of of your wonderful HSB jack; very cool covers!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Great load out for you father/son expedition; the abalone covers on your Parker are outstanding!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks Harvey!!! That was certainly a hard choice with your alluring threesome of Sheffield lovelies!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I'm in total agreement as those three would convince anyone; fantastic covers and photography!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Thanks Gary; Cattarraugus responded to a questionnaire they gave the Boy Scouts in the late 1920s and designed the Whitt-L-Kraft around the results, pretty cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Great to see your wonderful Quartet playing some fine visual music!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TFBraden, Duckdog, Ramrodmb and 2 others like this.
  7. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    Based on my fairly limited knowledge many of the Robeson bolsters seemed a bit rounder and slightly more sleek. It showed up more often on their post WWII Barlows and their other premium knives of that era, like these 2 (if that makes sense:))
    [​IMG]
    Btw, another beauty today; Empire was an outstanding company!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you JJ. The Robsons are both so nice, it’s hard to say which I like more.

JJ Cahill likes this.
  9. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Awesome Harvey! Does that time machine go back in time though??;)

@JJ Cahill Thanks and thanks for the info too JJ. Nice pair of Robeson’s!!

cigarrodog, Ripcord 82 and JJ Cahill like this.
  10. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    Just bought this Boker with ebony handle from a sale.

[​IMG]

11. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Same again

[​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, TFBraden, dc50 and 24 others like this.
  12. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank Harvey and Nick!!! Btw Harvey, count me in on the next "Time Machine" adventure with you and Nick!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The last 2 days I've been admiring Harry's (@Old Engineer) choices and realized I have half of that equation; my totes for Monday are the GEC 78 and a late 50s Imperial BSA.:)
    [​IMG]

13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice Dutch Army Knife :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, that's a wonderful line-up there :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words Gary :) Yes, I imagine so! :D It is always great to see your hardy perennials ;) :thumbsup:

I used to love that film as a kid :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, and a very Happy Birthday to our friend Charlie @waynorth ! :) Have a great day Charlie, and many happy returns :thumbsup: I'm carrying two of the many knives Charlie has gifted me, my alpha and omega ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Gary.:):thumbsup:

15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with this little Robert Klaas - Solingen.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

16. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    I think I'll take my Appaloosa away from my two Quarter Horses and tote that around today. This #81 is a nice knife,to nice, because I have second thoughts of using it.
    [​IMG]

17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Beautiful Robesons JJ! :thumbsup: :)

JJ you continue to set the bar on your daily posts my friend! :thumbsup: :cool:

Good morning Jack! Two classics from our friend Charlie! :thumbsup: :cool:

Pam and I wish you a Happy Birthday Charlie @waynorth! It’s a pleasure to know you sir and we wish you all the best. I’m carrying two of my favorites from you today. An Ebony TC from 2014 and my new Ebony Waynorth Lambsfoot. :thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  18. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

Happy Monday Everyone! :D:D

[​IMG]

19. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    After careful consideration of some of my choices