What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This one seems to mostly end up in my pocket. The build quality of this knife is superb and I have use for all of the blades. Besides, I can carry a unique piece of abstract art around with me too.
img_7467.jpg

Thanks JJ! I wouldn’t be able to tell by the bolsters, how do you tell? It does have steel bolsters which I prefer over NS because they develop a warmer patina in my opinion.

@SteveC Your 72 is so nice to look at, love it!

@Gevonovich Beautiful HSB Gev, that shield...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog cigarrodog I love your knives but I’d really like to take a ride in your time machine!

Empire for Sunday.
Climb aboard Nick.:) Beautiful Empire you got there.:thumbsup:

Two gems and another great image. I got mine out for some coon action:cool::thumbsup: We need a thread dedicated to Vic & Wenger and genera
More or less do what you really want to and know you should, more of less everyday; and carry something inspirational while you do it to remind you to live with a wild sense of urgency and joy.

23404937029_c8d4b38d43_b.jpg
Thanks Gev, sounds like a great idea!!! Fantastic image of of your wonderful HSB jack; very cool covers!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've been busy with putting on an induction dinner for our local sports hall of fame (whew, it's over with) and have been remiss in attendance here. Yesterday, my son and I went dove hunting for the first time in about 4 years, so I was totin' the same old gear, late getting home, fixing a drink and cleaning doves until the wee hours.
Great load out for you father/son expedition; the abalone covers on your Parker are outstanding!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
The one in the middle today.
199D82AD-B3CE-4D33-81C0-1BE619FC32FD_zpsrujc6zvl.jpeg
Thanks Harvey!!! That was certainly a hard choice with your alluring threesome of Sheffield lovelies!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
c20553be-4d94-4667-8a32-7897318313fc-jpeg.1197157

Ain’t no Barlow like a red Barlow!
I'm in total agreement as those three would convince anyone; fantastic covers and photography!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
That Whit-L-Craft is amazing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I remember that, early in my time at BF, someone posted an original ad for Whit-L-Craft that I thought was such an intriguing artifact!
My EDC Quartet:
2019-8-edc-open-jpg.1197236
Thanks Gary; Cattarraugus responded to a questionnaire they gave the Boy Scouts in the late 1920s and designed the Whitt-L-Kraft around the results, pretty cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great to see your wonderful Quartet playing some fine visual music!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks JJ! I wouldn’t be able to tell by the bolsters, how do you tell? It does have steel bolsters which I prefer over NS because they develop a warmer patina in my opinion.
Based on my fairly limited knowledge many of the Robeson bolsters seemed a bit rounder and slightly more sleek. It showed up more often on their post WWII Barlows and their other premium knives of that era, like these 2 (if that makes sense:))

Btw, another beauty today; Empire was an outstanding company!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Last edited:
Based on my fairly limited knowledge many of the Robeson bolsters seemed a bit rounder and slightly more sleek. It showed up more often on their post WWII Barlows and their other premium knives of that era, like these 2 (if that makes sense:))

Btw, another beauty today; Empire was an outstanding company!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thank you JJ. The Robsons are both so nice, it’s hard to say which I like more.

Thank you JJ. The Robsons are both so nice, it’s hard to say which I like more.
Awesome Harvey! Does that time machine go back in time though??;)
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill Thanks and thanks for the info too JJ. Nice pair of Robeson’s!!
Thank Harvey and Nick!!! Btw Harvey, count me in on the next "Time Machine" adventure with you and Nick!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The last 2 days I've been admiring Harry's ( Old Engineer Old Engineer ) choices and realized I have half of that equation; my totes for Monday are the GEC 78 and a late 50s Imperial BSA.:)

Nice Dutch Army Knife :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Never ever tire seeing your HH Barlow.:):thumbsup:

The one in the middle today.
199D82AD-B3CE-4D33-81C0-1BE619FC32FD_zpsrujc6zvl.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, that's a wonderful line-up there :) :thumbsup:

Lucy and the Navaja are an impressive pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. Even if that was the ONLY knife I carried, I think I'd need my wide suspenders to keep my pants up! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

My EDC Quartet:
View attachment 1197236

- GT

Thank you for the kind words Gary :) Yes, I imagine so! :D It is always great to see your hardy perennials ;) :thumbsup:

Climb aboard Nick.:) Beautiful Empire you got there.:thumbsup:

I used to love that film as a kid :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, and a very Happy Birthday to our friend Charlie @waynorth ! :) Have a great day Charlie, and many happy returns :thumbsup: I'm carrying two of the many knives Charlie has gifted me, my alpha and omega ;) :thumbsup:

b3bGaeG.jpg

PoYvGJ2.jpg

Beautiful Robesons JJ! :thumbsup: :)

Thank Harvey and Nick!!! Btw Harvey, count me in on the next "Time Machine" adventure with you and Nick!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The last 2 days I've been admiring Harry's ( Old Engineer Old Engineer ) choices and realized I have half of that equation; my totes for Monday are the GEC 78 and a late 50s Imperial BSA.:)
JJ you continue to set the bar on your daily posts my friend! :thumbsup: :cool:

Morning folks, and a very Happy Birthday to our friend Charlie @waynorth ! :) Have a great day Charlie, and many happy returns :thumbsup: I'm carrying two of the many knives Charlie has gifted me, my alpha and omega ;) :thumbsup:

b3bGaeG.jpg

PoYvGJ2.jpg
Good morning Jack! Two classics from our friend Charlie! :thumbsup: :cool:

Pam and I wish you a Happy Birthday Charlie @waynorth! It’s a pleasure to know you sir and we wish you all the best. I’m carrying two of my favorites from you today. An Ebony TC from 2014 and my new Ebony Waynorth Lambsfoot. :thumbsup: :D

48346938297_b01eebd79c_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
Back