What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Just a little Barlow for a Wooden Wednesday.
dt9SY46.jpg

It's quite a treat to see such a classic carry; my first fixed blade was a Buck and my knife roots are in your cool image!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The 212 sure looks like a classic, they're currently only available as an SFO for C&C and SK blades but it's a real winner and is slate to become an iconic classic for sure.

I have no particular reason to love Buck knives, I just love what they're doing and they know what people want.

Jack Black Jack Black they've kept me nice and toasty, JB! Thanks!

Gevonovich Gevonovich High praise coming from someone with such an impressive collection as yourself! Thank you, Gev!

Thank you kind Sir :D:D

@JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. Beautiful Laguiole and Le Thiers.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - I often see traditionals that while beautiful are missing parts, or in some way are damaged. Your beautiful Ulster Barlow changes my thinking.

Two carried. The first was inspired by JJ.
B55063C5-1D3A-48A7-8EC0-79735246A2D9_zpsq2sbn7ci.jpeg

7FF27D17-9FE1-49B8-8391-18E907734272_zpszlmqt4aq.jpeg

What is that projectile ?? Cool images and great knives & tool:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Ulster is one of my all time favorite knives just like it is ( cutaway....old cutaway :D cue Bond music )

I've been married 36 years, and my wife is retired.... I'm WELL aware of the Hallmark Christmas movies, believe me. By the time December gets here, I've turned into Scrooge... BAH!

:D

I love ‘em.:oops:
The only thing I cannot stomach is HGTV, which Mrs Fleschwund would happily watch endlessly.

Anyway, tv time is for knife maintenance, reading, or noodling on guitar.

Yes indeed my friend, great to see you two fine gents hanging out together, it sounds like you have been having a fantastic time :) Those photos are breathtaking :cool: :thumbsup:

Wonderful Stuart :) :thumbsup:

I'll join you in that if I may Dylan :thumbsup: Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup:

fAU5ksh.jpg

nqvUaki.jpg

Those are some fine Autumn pics, Jack, and of course, the Ebony is even finer.

Eschewing the typical "Wooden Wednesday" today and opting for some fall colors myself.

AiDaLf2.jpg

It's Old Friends Friday.
You have some fine old friends, Rachel.

I'm afraid I've fallen hopelessly behind with this thread again :( ...

wfSO9Jg.jpg
I'm right with you, Jack, in not keeping up with the pace on The Porch of late! :rolleyes:
Lots of lambs' feet visible in your photo of the stag lambsfoot!

Here is my 12.5cm Laguiole, hafted in pistachio wood.
View attachment 1215336

View attachment 1215337
That's a long and lovely Laguiole, Harvey, with striking covers!

I'm carrying these two today: a Case medium jack and the Sodbuster, Jr. my Dad gave me when I was 17 (1971).
2008 Case Crandall Medium Jack.
That's a distinguished dark duo, Dean, and a couple of the medium jacks that have suddenly been catching my attention here!

Case Barehead and a #74
That brace of bareheads is a beauty, Steve!

Thanks for lunch Stuart! I really enjoyed the visit! :thumbsup: I was Totin these two for show and tell with Stuart. I knew he hadn’t got to see a Waynorth Lambsfoot in person. I think he was impressed! :thumbsup:
Glad you and Stuart could meet, Ron! I'm certainly impressed by a stag Churchill and a jigged bone WCLF!

Today's totes are from Imperial; the first BSA Cub Scout knife from the late 1940's and a Hammer Brand cattle knife from 1938-41, both with identical punches.:)
Cool covers on the cattle knife, JJ!

Nice bunch of knives you got dealt this week, GT. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks for saying so, John.

A couple of Camillus re-hung in elk antler will accompany me to the memorial of an old and very close friend, who passed due to a severe stroke at way too young of an age.
I’ll see you at the smallmouth river, Steve.

View attachment 1215797View attachment 1215798
Condolences on losing an old friend, Jeff.

Another gorgeous group, Gary! The Vic Soldier is great! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind comments, Gary. Swayback Jack!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the encouragement, Dean.

The old girl thing just bubbled up out of the murky depths. Maybe comes from my Navy Dad and Grandpa with his fishing boat teaching that boats are always “she”. Just comes naturally sort of like how you whip out the slide rule out of habit!:D
Sweet and classy Case, GT, and cool old Colonials.
Yeah, I'm sure most of us have habits whose origins are inexplicable.
Thanks for acknowledging my knives, Jeff.

It’s always good fortune when you acquire a knife from @Gary W. Graley . You’re getting one vastly improved upon. Le Thier by Chambriard, 12.25cm, Peppery smelling Juniper wood and razor steel. Thank you Gary.
B3FB4DB5-CA91-4164-9950-5D99A5BF9FE1_zpsqqi7hlis.jpeg

Congrats on another luminous Laguiole, Harvey! I like the way juniper seems to have tiny paw prints all over it.

Sublime, Gev!

I was thinking the same thing. I'd even chew the beans and chug some hot water if I didn't have a hammer. :D
I'm perfectly happy with my Folger's crystals stirred into a microwaved cup of skim milk.

Cool Soldier Gary :) :thumbsup:
Still raining unfortunately mate, but at least we've got the great food right?! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Terrific trio GT :thumbsup:

Boy, this thread sure does FLY! :eek: Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've been out with these two today, my Hartshead Barlow SFO and a GEC #44 kindly gifted to me by my pal @Campbellclanman :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the replies, Jack.
Wonderful pairing you have!

I got this schrade jack all sharpened up. Didn't require much cleaning at all. Nice little knife, I like it a lot.

View attachment 1216083 View attachment 1216085 View attachment 1216086
Choice covers on that one, Paul!

You’ve sure got a bunch of nice GECs, Travis. My favorites of yours are those that pay homage to the oldies, like this one, and the teardrop EO you showed yesterday. It’s the spittin image of my Grandpa’s Camillus.
View attachment 1216124
Your Grandpa was a dapper dude, Jeff, and that Camillus EO teardrop is a classic!

A vintage Schrade Cut Co HJ with HOLYOKE BELT CO stamped main blade with secondary punch:thumbsup:
wHZ1tL.jpg

That's outstanding, Paul!

5K Qs 5K Qs Gary the small Case is a coke bottle.
Thanks for the info, Alan. My eyes are not what they used to be.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Great B&W image of your Valley Jack.
Thanks, Harvey. My photo processing software menu says it's "noir"!

Thank you for your great comments Gary!!! The Catt Spey is really among my favorites and the BB Winchester toothpick is a "normal" size at 4 1/4".:D
I really like your terrific memorable trio; i knew an interesting chap from the Donnelly clan many years back, cool guy!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks again Gary!!! The LF&C is less likely to be seen as they had stiff competition from Remington and Ulster during that era!:eek:

Great classic image of your "Valley Jack", a timeless piece of cutlery!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for all the kind words, JJ.

Great pic of your Valley Jack GT :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday :) Going a little fancy today (well my pockets are) ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack.
Splendid pearls on parade!

Rosewood spear/pen jack and smooth bone stockman. Have a great Sunday folks.:)View attachment 1216426
That slender stockman is a real looker!

- GT

Jack Black Jack Black they've kept me nice and toasty, JB! Thanks!

Great stuff Shawn :) :thumbsup:

Just returned from a trip to South Dakota and I am 45 pages behind on this thread :eek:

The sky in SD always grabs my attention.

Carrying these two today.

Fantastic pics Tom :thumbsup:

Those are some fine Autumn pics, Jack, and of course, the Ebony is even finer.

Eschewing the typical "Wooden Wednesday" today and opting for some fall colors myself.

AiDaLf2.jpg

Thanks pal, you've been in my thoughts :thumbsup: Another fine pairing there brother :thumbsup:

I'm right with you, Jack, in not keeping up with the pace on The Porch of late! :rolleyes:
Lots of lambs' feet visible in your photo of the stag lambsfoot!

Thanks for the replies, Jack.
Wonderful pairing you have!

Thanks, Jack.
Splendid pearls on parade!

- GT

Sincere thanks Gary :) :thumbsup:

I'm going to be off out early with these two tomorrow :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

J6IMBsX.jpg

y9xtXVZ.jpg

Back