What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy My Birthday, everyone! This 57 was a treat to myself, to replace a Grinling I once had and stupidly sold. Pretty nice in the pocket, and it has eclipsed the Churchill as my favorite, being that it is a splitback and all...

49173568163_c580b1408f_b.jpg
Happy birthday! Nice birthday gift!

View attachment 1244351 View attachment 1244352 View attachment 1244353

Our very own Dave Ferry makes great knives under the Horsewright name. His leather work is equally impressive. This is a small knife, just under 5.5 inches. You do not even notice it, but it is alway at hand. Unfortunately, I am not riding very much now so this knife and scabbard are going on the fixed blade exchange for someone else to tote.

After viewing Harvey's wonderful Rodgers pen I decided to tote a pair; a Crucible sleeveboard pen and a Canton Cut Co pen, both from the 1920s. :)
Much thanks JJ. The covers on your Crucible and Canton Cut Co. are sublime. Just beautiful.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your cutlery choices are Choice. Wonderful little adornments on each.

@John DF- John, very cool and colorful Teamster’s Jack.

@Duckdog - Much thanks, Stewart. Smart looking Trappers.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Such a handsome Laguiole, Gev.

@happy Birthday @traumkommode. That’s a fine 57.

@5K Qs - Love that Okapi, GT.

Here are some of my knives for this week.
Marbles ram's horn sowbelly stockman:
sowbelly-ram-mark-closed-deck-jpg.1243907

Kingston cattle knife (thanks, Mark):
cattleknife-open-jpg.1243908

Winchester yellow synthetic canoe:
yellow-mark-2open-jpg.1243909

Rough Rider stag canoe:
stag-canoe-mark-2open-jpg.1243910

RR faux tortoise shell mini canoe:
mini-tort-mark-closed-bright-jpg.1243911
Quite the bevy of beauties Gary; that Kingston Cattle knife is super cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That Crucible is like mothers chocolate cake...wow !!! Thank you fine Sir:D
Thank you very much kind Sir!!! Your Laguiole is a real stunner wearing that marvelous snakewood; wonderful image too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
As almost a barehead myself, I wish I was as handsome as those two, JJ. The picture does them proud.
Thank you kindly Stuart, I can certainly relate!!!:eek:
Today, I'm totin' two trappers: a Böker 93 slim trapper (1960-1970) and a Winchester 2904 regular two-blade trapper (1987).

zFrwfxT.jpg
Your Thursday Trapper Twosome looks awesome; the BB Winchester is always a favorite but the Boker certainly has wonderful jigging too!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Much thanks JJ. The covers on your Crucible and Canton Cut Co. are sublime. Just beautiful.
Fontenille Pataud Capuchadou.
384b4426-cd28-4572-a916-a82b87fada09-jpeg.1244436

707e62a1-64eb-47ed-97f0-61e012a301a1-jpeg.1244437

9b8dadb7-aee0-4dde-af07-3cbff934b88c-jpeg.1244438
Thank you very kindly Harvey!!! Your new Capuchadou is a wonderful work of art; you really have an exceptional eye for cutlery!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! :) Gorgeous covers on your Boker; it certainly brightens up a day. :thumbsup:

Many thanks Dean :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you my friend. I gotta tell you, I love look of wear on your Hartshead.:thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, that knife has certainly hogged my pocket this year :)

William Rodgers, Sheffield
877CC5D5-958D-4281-9162-63D1355F012B_zpslj9bxuyx.jpeg

F27DEED6-82B1-4B8A-80D0-BDC0CC51FA2E_zpspybkiqxw.jpeg

Lovely Penknife Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Jack!!! Again you have an outstanding pair of totes; I'm always delighted by the various cool props and backgrounds you cleverly incorporate!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

After viewing Harvey's wonderful Rodgers pen I decided to tote a pair; a Crucible sleeveboard pen and a Canton Cut Co pen, both from the 1920s. :)

Thank you very much my friend, those are two beautiful Penknives, I do like Shadow patterns :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Lucy and your WLST make a handsome couple! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1243907

View attachment 1243908

View attachment 1243909

Rough Rider stag canoe:
View attachment 1243910

View attachment 1243911

- GT

Thanks GT, that's a great line-up :thumbsup:

My carry for work today...

Very nice John :cool: :thumbsup:

I’m totin these two Traditional Knives today! :D

48599031552_d4c8c2cd3a_o_d.jpg

Nice crisp pic of that fine-looking pair Ron :) :thumbsup:

Today, I'm totin' two trappers: a Böker 93 slim trapper (1960-1970) and a Winchester 2904 regular two-blade trapper (1987).

zFrwfxT.jpg

- Stuart

Smashing Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Might just be an all time favorite carry!
View attachment 1244184

Those two look well-loved Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Nice combo with your Calabash Dylan :cool: :thumbsup:

Alox SAK of the Week is a red Old Cross Pioneer:
View attachment 1244288

Pretty old Pioneer Gary :thumbsup:

I tried mightily to resist, but then Black Friday came.

Fontenille Pataud Capuchadou.
View attachment 1244436

View attachment 1244437

View attachment 1244438

Interesting knife Harvey, certainly a looker :cool: :thumbsup:

My two totes for today are a couple of post WWII slicers from Robeson; a Spey Barlow and an English Jack. :)

Fantastic knives in incredible condition JJ :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, taken me a while to catch up! Hope everyone has had a good week, nice to see Friday come around again ;) Carrying my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow again today, and a Vic Electrician. Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

uBjGTlK.jpg

90ksLgr.jpg

sowbelly-ram-mark-closed-deck-jpg.1243907

cattleknife-open-jpg.1243908

yellow-mark-2open-jpg.1243909

Rough Rider stag canoe:
stag-canoe-mark-2open-jpg.1243910

mini-tort-mark-closed-bright-jpg.1243911

Great choice, Gary.;):thumbsup:

6th December is Independence Day here and thus a National Holiday:) The Republic was established 102 years ago today, but of course the country is far older;) During Tsarist rule 1809-1917 the country was more or less autonomous anyway. own currency the Markka and Bank of Finland since 1863 (that's all gone now with the €uro :thumbsdown:) education system, taxation, Parliament, pensions and votes for women all before 1917, nor did Finns have to serve in the Imperial Tsarist army either unlike other nations.

CHXiVTw.jpg

6th December is Independence Day here and thus a National Holiday:) The Republic was established 102 years ago today, but of course the country is far older;) During Tsarist rule 1809-1917 the country was more or less autonomous anyway. own currency the Markka and Bank of Finland since 1863 (that's all gone now with the €uro :thumbsdown:) education system, taxation, Parliament, pensions and votes for women all before 1917, nor did Finns have to serve in the Imperial Tsarist army either unlike other nations.

CHXiVTw.jpg
Very cool medal.

CHXiVTw.jpg
Happy Independence Day!

Along with all the knives I've carried in my life you can usually find a small gents knife on me. I particularly like these figural knives. This one coming from Hoffritz which was like a giant candy store of knives. Other than blunted tips it is an excellent little knife. One question I've never seen answered is why do the great majority of these knives have the same scene on both sides?IMG_1749-1280x962.JPG

very cool and colorful Teamster’s Jack.

Very nice John :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Harvey and Jack. :)
It was a generous gift from Knowtracks. :cool::thumbsup:

CHXiVTw.jpg
Happy Independence Day. :cool::thumbsup:

Back