What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

No wonder I'm always envying your reflection-free indoor photos of your marvelous knives from around the world and across time! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Those Imperials look stout, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks a lot Gary!!! For these challenging subjects I've found indirect window light to be my friend :)
I love that Imperial Cub Scout. Mine's pretty good, but it obviously spent a lot of time in a well-travelled gravel wheel rut.
n82ISOx.jpg

The white Camillus is my best Cub. I'm still looking for one exactly like the one I traded away as a kid. But it must be pristine and cheap.
Thank you kindly Jer!!! Your white covered BSA Cub is a real beauty, they were only made by Camillus for a couple years; very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sowbelly of the Week is a Rough Rider Silver Select Stockman:
silverselect-sow-mark-closed-jpg.1262025

Regular Stockman of the Week is a Kutmaster (thanks, Mike):
kutmaster-stockman-open-jpg.1262028

Budget Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider carbon steel model:
carbcanoe-mark-main-jpg.1262030

Premium Canoe of the Week is a Fight'n Rooster 4-blade:
gunboat-mark-4open-jpg.1262031
Wonderful foursome Gary; your 4 bladed Fight'n Rooster is the bomb!!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Many thanks, JJ. 2 cool knives. Your BSA Cubbie is a gem.
Thank you kindly Harvey!!!
En Aubrac Ancestral(an homage to earlier Laguioles. Hafted in beechwood from the Aubrac Region.
E518F44D-86BE-4A92-81CC-E566FAB58341_zps7ve0vsz7.jpeg

62510FFE-12A3-4093-B0D4-61611AFA65C0_zps52i9bj9w.jpeg

36ED9345-7801-4D19-AEBF-A3A1C8F878ED_zpszt0juiu7.jpeg

25D76D42-CF50-49BB-9A04-428512909983_zpsu1t6u42n.jpeg

Albert Oates Lambfoot.
495ED317-C154-4E76-94B4-F9552DA5FB88_zpsauznrtsg.jpeg
What an awesome pair your classics from France and England make; love the old school spear on your Laguiole, marvelous!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a very nice collection of chestnut bone. :cool::thumbsup:

Wow! I'll bet those feel nice in hand. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks.
Today I'm carrying a pair of new to me Case knives that I picked out of the Neverending Passaround Giveaway Box.
A Copperhead in white bone that will most likely become a canvas for scrimshaw at some point. I've got to stare at it until inspiration strikes. Thanks, @JoeGoblyn. And a Jumbo! Stockman. At 4¼", it's the biggest stockman I've ever handled. I'm afraid I don't remember who contributed it to the box, but thank you, whoever you are. Both are CV steel, but have no patina...yet. ;)
OGJlN36.jpg

Look at the sheepfoot on this beast!
yjbxega.jpg

The Big CASE is an ESSENTIAL in any collection. Yes it's massive, but it's OK for coat-pocket carry and Amber Bone /CV is an iconic finish:cool: The other CASE is interesting too, maybe a bird&beast Scrim for that? Field rather than nautical:) Elk/Moose, Wild Boar head, Eagle, Pheasant or OWL;)

Stag and Sawcut, the best kind of day.

48nqxIB.jpg

Very attractive pair Dylan :)

Stag Lambsfoot for Saturday.
9UIM3ZA.jpg

Great beer n Barlow pic Dave :thumbsup:

eEQvWEw.jpg

Couple of classics today

Fine-looking pair David :) :thumbsup:

2 snappy ones! Headed out to a crab feed at the Elks Lodge with my grandfather. And what a great pair!
v7l8XeT.jpg

Looking spiffy Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Looks like you're on the mend Jeff ;) Hope so :thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

0tLR8JB.jpg

PHAeqnm.jpg

Those two look great together Gary :cool: Thank you, I hope I can remember to keep it up :) Maybe I need to post a thread, so I know what's random and what isn't ;) It's fake Gary, but I quite like it too, certainly better than the faux stag on the Richards shell-handled knives :thumbsup:
Thanks pal, I can see that pairing being repeated regularly :) :thumbsup:
That's an excellent line-up Gary :) Nice to see your Silver Select Stockman again :) :thumbsup:
Hope everyone has had a reasonable week, with a fantastic weekend ahead :) Sticking with my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow today, and adding a wonderful Case Barlow very kindly gifted to me by our very own @Peregrin :) Thanks Gary :thumbsup:
I appreciate your replies, Jack. :)
Charismatic couple of Barlows for you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: A two-Barlow day is a rarity for you, isn't it?

Your osage orange sodbuster is a grand knife!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank God it's finally Friday... it's been a long week.
Cool fish on your keyring, John, but I'll bet Sköll could eat it whole! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not the outdoor temperatures we were expecting this morning! And they're saying over the weekend to expect overnight lows below -30C!!!! Goal for the weekend, stay bundled up ;)
That's really cold, Mike, but the Tribal Lock ought to keep your heart pumping! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
(Strange mathematical coincidence: your thermostat showed 22C indoors, -22C outdoors, and your mention of -30C forecast is equivalent to -22F. 2's are wild! :rolleyes:)

Wet and rainy and just all around miserable weather today. Two customs, three Cases, two carbon, three stainless.

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200110100224985-COVER-2.jpg
Impressive line-up, Shawn! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Really like the bone/color/jigging on the second one from top; must be one of the customs.

After an especially tough week at work, we have all day rain with flash flood warnings today, and possibly snow tomorrow. Yuck. My girlfriend and I are cooking a big feast at her place tonight, I asked "What can I bring?". She replied "a bottle opener" and sent me a picture of a few bottles of my favorite brew :). So a Beer Scout it is.
That black Beer Scout of yours sure is a beauty, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Felt like a little color
Terrific pair, Gev; I always enjoy seeing that yellow Kissing Crane! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The 33OT was one of my first knives, and still remains a favorite. Just a great little big knife!
A pre-owned USA 33OT is one of my most recent acquisitions (less than a month ago), and I'll concur with Jeff's opinion! :cool::cool:;)
33OT.mark.2open.jpg

Fabulous foursome GT, but for me, your Winchester really stands out :thumbsup:
That little Canoe is a real "cutie". :):thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack & John. :)

Well crud....I’ve had this Schrade with me for a couple days but I have no pockets to carry it in in. Hoping to be able to put pants on soon and grab a different knifeo_O
I hope whatever landed you there isn't too serious, and you get your pockets back ASAP! :):thumbsup:

I carried my Ancient TC Barlow 2.0 today.
Attractive Ancient and vista, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Got something yeller in my pocket today.
Dylan, that sowbelly is a pocketful of sunshine! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I think this one is going to see a lot of pocket time. It even enjoys fishing - how about that! OH
Sweet tortoise shell stockman, OH! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that from the same fishing trip that produced the photo of you and your catch that you posted in the "Mug Shots" thread?

One of my favorite Pairings

Harry
Very distinguished duo, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: IMHO, that 78 is sublime!

- GT

I'm really enjoying my new Boker large stockman. The 440C takes a great edge, has nice walk & talk, excellent fit & finish, and oh so gorgeous stag covers. And at 4 inches plus closed, it's big enough for every task.
Congrats on that big Böker beauty, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Our new puppy seems to be bonding with my Buck Vanguard. View attachment 1262884
A new hip AND a new puppy seems like a combo that will guarantee that you get your rehab exercise in, Lance!! :eek::D:thumbsup::cool:

This 93OT. Nice size, goes snickety-snick. Very smooth.
Superb clip/sheep jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Meritorious spey jack, Gev, and I enjoyed the link! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I didn't realize that True Value was an HSB brand.

My newest arrival was calling out this morning. Loving these wharncliffe mini trappers, and this one's a beauty of a knife :)
Congrats on the impressive mini trapper, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I love that blade shape and the pull/nick on that one, Gary. Great stag, too. Simple and beautiful. :thumbsup:
Nice collection Gary, and it's nice to see that Toledo knife, and your fancy Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Vince & Jack. :) (Salamandra #10012 is still available in Europe, if you want to "join the club".)

Camillus Cattle knife today
That cattle knife should melt the snow in short order, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks, GT. I don't post much these days because I am not buying new stuff, and even though I have a ton of knives, there are really only a few that I carry or use. And my work, home, and recreational pursuits do not generally require a cutting tool, outside of the kitchen, where I have a decent collection as well. :) But this isn't that forum.

After several years really of falling out of a hobbyist interest in them and transitioning to "it's a tool, I've got one that'll do the job nearby" I am trying to rekindle a little of the relationship with my old pocket friends. So I got this old favorite out of the drawer and plan to carry and use it some this weekend:

Case 63032 Chestnut CV Medium Stockman:
Old pic, and at some point I apparently polished off whatever patina was forming and give it a good oiling before I put it up, because it looks better than that now. :)
It's always good to see you posting here, John! :) I don't know if you noticed in my characteristically overlong post, but I'll soon be adding that very same Case stockman to my chestnut jigged bone CV collection. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is my understanding, that those CV jigged chestnut bone Sowbellies discontinued correct, or am I just so lame that I cannot find them in stock anywhere?
Unfortunately, the chestnut jigged CV sowbelly has been discontinued, and I haven't seen them in stock recently either. :(

Today with more examples of Portuguese stag knives.;):thumbsup:

What an exquisite trio, José! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

Unintentionally matching lanyards today.
I always enjoy your black/orange pairs, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That's a very nice collection of chestnut bone. :cool::thumbsup:
Today I'm carrying a pair of new to me Case knives that I picked out of the Neverending Passaround Giveaway Box.
A Copperhead in white bone that will most likely become a canvas for scrimshaw at some point. I've got to stare at it until inspiration strikes. Thanks, @JoeGoblyn. And a Jumbo! Stockman. At 4¼", it's the biggest stockman I've ever handled. I'm afraid I don't remember who contributed it to the box, but thank you, whoever you are. Both are CV steel, but have no patina...yet. ;)
Look at the sheepfoot on this beast!
Thanks for mentioning my Case chestnut knives, Rachel. :)
Couple of capital Cases you selected from The Box!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Do you think you could use that jumbo stockman to whittle one of your "braided" pencils?? ;)

Stag Lambsfoot for Saturday.
Illustrious stag HHB SFO, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Which do you like better, the IPA or the Old Speckled Hen you often post?

I haven’t carried this small-but-mighty knife in a while, but every time I do I’m blown away by it. It thinks it’s a full-grown knife, and it behaves like one.

View attachment 1263435
Wonderful WLST! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Haven't seen nearly as many of the GEC #25s recently as we used to see posted here.

Thank you, Gary! Your Lambsfoot stag senator is a looker. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)

Thanks a lot Gary!!! For these challenging subjects I've found indirect window light to be my friend :)
Wonderful foursome Gary; your 4 bladed Fight'n Rooster is the bomb!!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm grateful for the lighting tip and for the kind words about my knives, JJ. :)

- GT

Back