What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today I’ll carry the 7x57 of Stockman. If you’re confused, just look around the porch...;)

CD867-AEF-AD10-4018-A480-4670-B4-CF6-DB3.jpg

Sorry to hear that; hope it grows back fast.
I once was washing a bunch of new knives, and my thumbnail got wet and soft so that it bent over backwards when I was trying to open a stiff blade. Seemed like it took a couple of months for the weak spot to grow out where I could trim it away.

Thanks gt, I'm back up and running now, very nice selection there. That horn is pretty amazing and the stag on your lambsfoot is always a pleasure to behold.
Chilling with the lambsfoot myself today...15830777236421698835788.jpg

Jack, I was struck, like you, by the look of the horn on my little Joker; the colors remind me of those on the horns of many of our dairy cattle when I was a lad. What a pair for you, Jack: stag HHB and What-a-Knife!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) One more look at the Joker horn, but pile side:
View attachment 1294000

That's a nice connection Gary, thanks for another look :) Thank you very much my friend :) Three terrific knives there :thumbsup:

March is coming in like a lamb.
mPNgKcZ.jpg

That looks like a great combination Rachel :thumbsup:

Chilling with the lambsfoot myself today...View attachment 1294054

Enjoy your Sunday Willie :thumbsup:

Awesome 4some you have there.
I appreciate your saying so.:)
Your Case trio you posted Wednesday (I'm still behind in this thread :rolleyes:) is very versatile! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dandy dark duo for Wodensday, Jeff; I especially like that 2-blade EO teardrop Camillus! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The world's best cheese slicer. :):thumbsup:
Thanks for the usage hint, John; I haven't tried slicing cheese with it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Going with a slighty larger Case Stockman today...

And I think I'll pair it with a Peanut. :cool:
Your chestnut bone 6347 is a winner, and that's a terrific trio of Peanuts! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sublime sowbelly, Gev!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What kind of leaves are those? Not broad enough for a large toothed aspen, so I'll guess some kind of white oak (but most oaks I know tend to have much deeper "sinuses" that form lobes rather than teeth).

I do have a Yellow Peanut with a wharncliffe pen-blade, but I modified it. It would be cool if they sold them this way.
Magnificent blade mod! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I've owned about ten of these wonderful Case Wharncliffe Mini Trapper knives. I've given away every one of them except my favorite... Won't ever let loose of this one.
I can see why that stag Orris is a keeper! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Osage moose & black bone sowbelly stockman today.View attachment 1291533
That's a snazzy RR sowbelly! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm carrying my 2019 Forum knife and Vic cadet today.

View attachment 1291570
Admirable blak/red combo, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Opinel mod in walnut for wood Wednesday!
Exquisite Opinel! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Heading out early tomorrow, and I won't get a chance to post, but I'll be carrying these two, my Hartshead Barlow and a Winchester Bull-Head. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:
Pleasing photos of that practical pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Cool SA tie clip, GT.
Outstanding foursome Gary; your "Vic money Clip" makes a very cool tie clasp!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
A very stylish accessory, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
I forgot about your Vic Tie Clasp/Money Clip, Gary! A great idea and it does look quite classy. Are you still wearing ties in your retirement? :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the fashion vote of confidence, Harvey & JJ & John & Dean. That tie is one I bought in the fall of 1969 when our Calculus instructor told the class that ties with stripes with positive slope were quite rare. I wore it as a lucky tie for almost all of the math tests I've taken or given since then. Dean, I've still been teaching one class each semester since I officially retired in August 2018, so I wear a tie about once a month for testing purposes! ;)

For today a couple of red boned jacks, a Case and a GEC. :)
Striking pair of red bone 2-blade spearpoints, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Today with two good knives SAK alox old cross and GEC #15 TC.;):thumbsup:
Phenomenal pair, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I know the lambsfoot has gained quite a following in these parts, however of the Sheffield offerings the Ettrick is the one that I gravitate to more. Here is my rosewood example that I am pocketing today.
Do you use your Ettrick for whittling very often? Appealing knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Le Thiers Thursday
Fetching pair of "Euro-knives", Mike! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I believe that he @cigarrodog is joining us too and also @Half/Stop .

Harry
I hope you all have a wonderful time at the knife show! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

I'm carrying a couple of green knives today that were given to me by BladeForumites. The Victorinox Farmer I received from 5K Qs 5K Qs and the Case Razor Barlow was given to me by @GuestWho101 Thank you Gary and Dee!

View attachment 1291925
You're welcome, Dean; that's a nice green duo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Four particularly cool knives GT, love the Kutmaster :cool: :thumbsup:
I welcome your approval, Jack. :) I need to glue the shield into the scout knife.

You certainly have plenty of very fascinating variations of scout knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

The patina on the springs of the Camillus looks grand! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A little Hoffritz I picked up today.
Congrats! That's a beauty! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Realize I never show this one. My favorite Opinel model - the No. 8 Garden. Lives in my lunch bag I take to work. Also happens to be my favorite apple knife. Enjoying at my desk this afternoon.
I had one of those, but gave it to my daughter as a kitchen knife when she was setting up an apartment in Minneapolis. It's a great size for food prep, and I like the spearpoint blade! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That moon glow in the rough Rider is really neat.
Thanks, Willie. :) I was hoping maybe I could use it as a night light on the bedside table, but it only glows for about 10 minutes before needing to sit in bright light to "recharge".

While I always enjoy seeing your selections, I have to admit I smile a bit more when this one's turn comes up :D
Super pretty stockman, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Mike (x2 ;)) and John. :) I just mentioned my preference for spear blades, so that's a big draw of this stockman variation, and the pocket worn harvest orange bone looks and feels fabulous! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two black covered slicers for Friday. :)
Couple of captivating coal-colored cutters for Friday, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and an Old Friend, in the form of a Ka-Bar Peanut, generously gifted to me by Pete @Stich2442 many years ago :) Have a good Friday folks :thumbsup:
Superb pair, Jack; that Old Friends KaBar Peanut is hypnotic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

My goodness, the grain on that Northwoods is superb, Joshua! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I don't really consider myself a micarta fan, but the denim version is calling me! :cool::cool::rolleyes:

- GT

Sublime sowbelly, Gev!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What kind of leaves are those? Not broad enough for a large toothed aspen, so I'll guess some kind of white oak (but most oaks I know tend to have much deeper "sinuses" that form lobes rather than teeth).
I don't know to tell the truth, Gary. One day on my walk, I gathered leaves from all the trees that caught my eye and brought them home. It was a magical day when all the leaves were changing color :) I often gather things, I guess it is the Bower genes in me :rolleyes:

Back