What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

View attachment 1320029 View attachment 1320027 View attachment 1320026 View attachment 1320030

This is one knife that I use a lot. The first time I carried it, I was at a horse show. A friend saw it in my side sheath and asked if she borrow it. Of course, I immediately said yes being happy for my knife to already prove its usefulness. About an hour later, she returned it with a bent tip. She used it to pry a broken key from the lock of her horse trailer! Oh well, it is a user!

It is also one of Case’s best current production efforts. The action is buttery smooth. I prefer knives without half stops. And the hoof pick works well.

Last edited:
Stag for Saturday.
L7mTh9s.jpg

Nice photo and sentiment Barrett, and a great-looking knife of course :) :thumbsup:

mkjY2Dj.jpg

Thanks, Jack! :thumbsup: Is that some sort canvas bag or pack that your Waynorth Lambsfoot is resting on? I noticed it was made in Minnesota.

Hey Barrett! :thumbsup: We’ve found masks to be non existent locally. We do have a three pack of the N95 certified masks but we holding on to them. Pam decided she could sew up a few and they turned out quite well I think! :) I really don’t know how much added protection a mask can give to the average person. I think the really critical thing is to stay apart! Love That Ebony #25, such a classy small folder! Be safe my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Same here, Ron. I figure anything’s better than nothing. I did order a few fabric masks online. (I’m the only one in our house who ever sews anything, and that’s just to patch up a hole in a pair of pants or something. I think mask sewing would be outside my skill set.) :D

The Ebony #25 is one of my favorite knives. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fantastic gift!

View attachment 1319072 View attachment 1319071 Heavy duty, but not heavy. I’m expecting a day of heavy labor, so every ounce might count. My partner and I are building vegetable beds in this 21’x100’ high tunnel. The black plastic has killed off the grass underneath, and we’ll build the beds 30” wide x 8-10” deep with this compost right on top of the ground, with wood chip paths in between. That’s a lot of wheelbarrow work for two guys 60+!:confused:View attachment 1319073 At least it keeps me socially distanced.:D
Have a good Good Friday:)

I like that TL-29 with the stamped handle. I’m not particularly envious of your hauling job, though. Last fall I had to haul 12 tons of river rock (and maybe half that amount of fill dirt) around the house to the backyard by myself with a wheelbarrow and shovel. I didn’t think I’d ever finish, but I sure was glad when I finally did! :eek: :D

Have these 2 Russells ( Brothers from different Fathers ) .

This photo below actually is in focus

Harry

Very cool knives, Harry! I love the bone on both sides of that spear point, and the double stamped bolster is a unique little something extra! :thumbsup:

I had this #25 in my pocket today. I bought this knife from Bob (aka @BigBiscuit), who had added the EO notch, which I really like on these spear point #25’s, and I always think of him when I’m carrying it. It’s definitely a “keeper.” :)

4BTHWir.jpg

A Buck 501 in S30V and Cherry from the Buck Custom Shop on my belt.
jQKYjV7.jpg

And I have a Gerber/Sakai Silver Knight designed by Al Mar with stabilized zebra wood covers and Hitachi Gingami 1 blade steel in my pocket
2WHdUqY.jpg

Terrific knife and photo Dwight! :thumbsup: :)

I had this #25 in my pocket today. I bought this knife from Bob (aka @BigBiscuit), who had added the EO notch, which I really like on these spear point #25’s, and I always think of him when I’m carrying it. It’s definitely a “keeper.” :)

4BTHWir.jpg
Barrett, I’ve got several knives that came from Bob. As far as I’m concerned they’re priceless! By the way, that’s a great photo of your #25! :thumbsup:

I miss my stockman. :(
I think I'll drop a (BTU) Old Timer 858OT in my pocket with the other four. I haven't carried the 858OT yet ...

Back