What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

American Jack and a Cattle junior

qV0IshT.jpg

Oddly, I'm in a bit of a rush this morning and will have to get back to post pics and comments, but I wanted to tell you, Steve, that the cattle calls to my heart in a melodious way.

- Stuart

Thanks, Steve! And you as well ~ as usual!

Give the carryout option a try! We did last Sat, got a “Thank You for your support”, and it was a nice, rare treat.
Jeff, We've done a few, but a nice "sit down and be waited on" would be a pleasant break. Someday soon I hope!
I think we're ready for another "curbside pickup" meal pretty soon!

This one is sticking around a bit, slightly larger than a Peanut and only one blade but she's trim and slim and cuts well, fit and finish are lacking and goes toward one side and a bit of a blade wobble but doesn't seem to hurt the cutting. The other two things are golf balls that I cracked open and carved some characters, my first attempts at doing them, interesting stuff ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

I think I'll Tote my "Rhode Island" Jack today. ;)
RI Jack sounds like it should have been a model made in Providence by Imperial or Colonial back in the day! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks Gary, it's a pattern I collect, so it was nice to get one from Stan :) The Farmer is one of my most carried SAKs :thumbsup:
I knew you carried a Farmer frequently, Jack, but I didn't realize you were a ruler knife enthusiast! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary. I wanted to pick one out myself, but lots of businesses have been closed, so I ordered online from Knifecenter (a BF supporter). I'm happy with what I received. Great design. :thumbsup:
Glad you got an example you're happy with, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool: The pair of Cases I ordered online earlier this year didn't have the fit and finish I'd hoped for in what, for me, is a "high-end" knife. :(

In my pocket right now:
What a slicer!
That's my reaction every time I use an Opinel (and I wonder why I mess around with other knives :rolleyes:). Yours looks good :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:; is that the standard beechwood handle? What size is it?

Beautiful wood knife from Spain. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :)

Thanks GT, much appreciated (and thanks for the laugh :) ). Nice quartet you have there, I am carrying a Farmer today as well.
Thanks, Tom. :) That orange Farmer can cheer you up on a rainy morning, I'll bet! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

They're an absolute bargain Ron, and if you don't like the plastic sheath, inexpensive leather alternatives are available. Here's my Mora Companion in carbon steel, with a leather sheath :thumbsup:
Mora Companion is another Scandinavian fixed blade that I've secretly investigated despite my vow to prohibit fixed blades from my holdings. :eek::rolleyes:

Carrying my Case CV Sowbelly to Wound Care with me today.

vDJgZgU.jpg
Sweet sowbelly, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Morning all. Missed this thread yesterday and had a "few" pages to catch up on! Busy day posting for you guys, but some great shots! Lambsfoot "Senator" and Arkansas Traveller today :)
Very stately ebony senator, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying more blades than I need today, but what's need got to do with it? ;)
Low-key campaign for Two-Punch Tuesday?? ;):cool::cool:

KeenKutter and a Queen today, pouring rain so picture is not the best. ;)

6xnsKDk.jpg
Pic still shows off your typical bone bonanza, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Schrade 5OT carbon with my regular companions these days.
3JNA1yO.jpg
That looks like a trio that means business! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you for your kind comments on my knives, Gary. :) To answer your question regarding my Boker Barlow, it is indeed bone. I really like the bolster with the tree on it, too. :D
That's a nice Farmer you got as a gift, Gary - just like mine. :D
Thanks for the info on your Böker Barlow, Dean :). I like the looks of those Barlows, but my guess was always that they were Delrin; maybe some are saw cut bone, too?
Yeah, no need to look a gift Farmer in the mouth – they're winners! ;)

Camillus Tip Top Barlow, WWII era and Buck 303 Cadet.
View attachment 1330551
Couple of classics, Dean; good to see the Tip Top Barlow again! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

So I rocked my standby of more then 40 years ( not the same exact knife but same model) today and it once again handled everything I could expect from a pocket knife. I sit here now at my old work bench wondering why every few years I go on a search for a better everyday knife for me. ... View attachment 1330577
I admire you for recognizing you're got a winner for you and for your commitment to the model! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

An old Western barlow...
Oldie but extremely goody, Wayne! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your curved stag "Tobacco" 2-blade Barlow is splendid, Dwight, and that clip blade is a perfect shape for it! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Desirable duo, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks Gary, yes it was a trapper. It was a strange orange yellow color so the first mod it received was a dye job. Thought darker brown looked better with the gunstock style checkering;) I used a dremel with a cut off wheel and was careful to keep it cool. To finish I used a small machinist file and some 800 grit sandpaper. I thought the Rough Rider suited this mod because of the double pulls. I have another RR trapper unmodified I'll get some side by side pics tomorrow :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info, David; those are majestic mods! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I turned the blade of an Opinel #6 into a spearpoint once, using only a file; didn't take as long as I feared it might, but I doubt if I'd want to go that route again - it definitely took a significant amount of time! :eek:

5K Qs 5K Qs - what a sweet looking Checkered canoe.
Thanks, Harvey. :) I do have kind of a "thing" for covers with a regular/patterned texture, like checkered bone/wood and Alox.

I love that Fight'n Rooster Canoe, GT! The shield and bone combination is very striking.
Thanks for the canoe kudos, Dylan. :) Your ebony/ivory pair is handsome! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Great shots of a misty morning, Harvey, and that denim micarta is an appealing handle cover!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

I carry this pair basically everyday, I have found that I really like having a one hand opening/closing knife ... the Russlock is that knife plus it is a great fidgeting/rubbing knife. If its out of my pocket, it is cutting some non-food item or being fidgeted with. I carry the mini trapper for cutting fruit, salami, cheese, etc, etc AND for opening bottles of beer. OK, some of you never open bottles but for me a cap lifter is essential!!!upload_2020-4-30_9-1-38.jpeg

Back