What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

sunknife

Gold Member
Schatt #69 spear blade jack and an American made Finnish style Puukko knife I just received a couple days ago. Puukko has osage and antler handle with pewter trim. I made a couple sheaths for the Puukko the past two days. A belt sheath with whitetail deer leg hide trim, an idea I got from seeing a similar Puukko sheath. Also made a pocket sheath. My leather work skills are limited but pretty pleased with the results all things considered.:) today-1 - 1.jpeg today-2 - 1.jpeg today-3 - 1.jpeg

Prester John

Basic Member
A classic:
BbU0TTn.jpg

Old Engineer

Gold Member
Hanging out jamming with the Senator lambsfoot

x3WdTmj.jpg

While I'm honestly not very good, at least we have this for motivation to practice and strive for ;) Gotta be one of the most beautiful songs on the ukulele. A favorite for sure!

That guy did a great job on that song . It has been one of my favorites ever after the first time that I heard it .

Harry

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I’d like to try one of yours R8shell! You had some great knives today!
thanks! Your acrylic Stockyard Whittler looks like it goes well with a jalatini. :):thumbsup:
Dark an dreary day and very wet out side . Staying in and finishing a 1000 piece puzzle and carrying a User and a Feel Good knife today .

Harry
Which is which? That fixed blade is beautiful.

Old Engineer

Gold Member
Which is which? That fixed blade is beautiful.
Thank you very much for the very kind words my friend . The User is the Blade Forums knife which was gifted to me by Half/Stop Half/Stop a couple of weeks ago and the Feel Good knife is the Fixed Blade which is an Arno Bernard Galago with a Wart Hog Ivory handle . It is something that I had wanted for a few years . I have No Need for it , but it does make me Feel Good . It was a gift from my wife .

Harry

Last edited:

Markeologist

Basic Member
The bone has aged beautifully. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the size of the Case mini trapper, but I don’t really need a spey. I should look into one of those caplifter versions.

Speaking of great bone scales :cool:
BOJ7tYv.jpg

Camillus for me today.

Case for some reason discontinued the mini trapper w/ cap lifter. Took me a while to locate one of the jigged bone versions from a retail merchant. The delrin models can still be found but getting harder to find..buy one while they are still available.

JJ Cahill

Basic Member
That's a fine-looking Jack my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot Jack!!!
Hope everyone is doing OK :) These two for me today, my Hartshead Barklow, and a wee FB I picked up from a Polish maker called Grzegorz Kaczmarski. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

uGcrs3h.jpg

pmPGcMv.jpg
Great stag to go with your HHB Jack; you certainly have quite an elaborate and cool collection of fixed blades, too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for your kind words, JJ. Bold, beautiful image of your American Jack.
Thank you most kindly, Harvey!!!
Enderes, Minn.
DB485D65-991D-45AB-9604-302831A8DF8D_zpsn83doy9k.jpeg

R.F. Mosley
366b98ba-1f6c-4d13-b40a-c45cbbbbc6e8-jpeg.1331704
Quite an astonishing pair of jacks, both with amazing covers and beautifully lensed!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black

Gold Member
Man, I'd really like to get a restaurant meal! We're tired of cooking and cleaning up afterwards!
nVgAp7W.jpg

I know the feeling Gary, I've always enjoyed cooking, but eating on your own every night is not a lot of fun :( Stellar pair my friend :thumbsup:

I knew you carried a Farmer frequently, Jack, but I didn't realize you were a ruler knife enthusiast! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Mora Companion is another Scandinavian fixed blade that I've secretly investigated despite my vow to prohibit fixed blades from my holdings. :eek::rolleyes:

Yes Gary, several members of my family, going back at least to my Great Grandmother, worked for James Chesterman, and I lived near Bow Works more than half my life. Since the Sheffield-made ones usually employ Chesterman rules, they have a special significance for me. I also think it's a rather cool pattern :) Here's one by Joseph Westby :thumbsup:

0y9g6ic.jpg

Just try one....;) :D :thumbsup:

latest

View attachment 1331533 Only one knife with today, had to rush out the door this morning.

Hope it saw you well Chuck :thumbsup:

My Quarantine Carry. 100 years between them:
j2bLufG.jpg

Yet they go together strikingly well :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack .Gorgeous wee one.

Enderes, Minn.
DB485D65-991D-45AB-9604-302831A8DF8D_zpsn83doy9k.jpeg

R.F. Mosley
View attachment 1331704

Thanks a lot Harvey, great photos :) :thumbsup:

These two were amongst my choices today.

iSzcCGU.jpg

Smashing Dylan :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Jack!!!

Great stag to go with your HHB Jack; you certainly have quite an elaborate and cool collection of fixed blades, too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly JJ, I knew I had quite a few fixed blades, but I've more than I realised! :D :thumbsup:

Thought I'd pocket a couple of pens for Friday. :)

Beautiful Shadow Pens my friend :) :thumbsup:

Happy May Day folks! :) Hope everyone is staying safe, and keeping well :thumbsup:

8zwQzEe.jpg

dpWHNBw.jpg

Jmz58yR.jpg