What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

8zwQzEe.jpg
Great pirate ship, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1332013 It’s a hastily shot, poorly focused photo, but it’s proof that spring is really here. I love when the orioles arrive.
View attachment 1332015 Two in the pocket, one on the belt.
View attachment 1332014 A WWII PAL Blade Co EO Utility Jack, and my old Kabar swayback jack.
It’s already a stunningly nice morning here on the Il/Wi line, so get outside!

Schatt #69 spear blade jack and an American made Finnish style Puukko knife I just received a couple days ago. Puukko has osage and antler handle with pewter trim. I made a couple sheaths for the Puukko the past two days. A belt sheath with whitetail deer leg hide trim, an idea I got from seeing a similar Puukko sheath. Also made a pocket sheath. My leather work skills are limited but pretty pleased with the results all things considered.:)View attachment 1331778View attachment 1331779View attachment 1331780
Your leatherworking skills are just fine.
Cool idea having one for the belt/one for the pocket.

12th day carrying only a Jackknife - today my carry is this Case 6225-1/2 that I bought out of a Case display in a small engine repair shop 15 years ago. It was the first Case Knife I ever owned, bought it when I went to replace a lost Schrade 108OT and learned from the dealer they had moved offshore - I wanted a USA made pocketknife. OH
Case-6225-1-2-SS-Coke-Bottle-Jack-2000.jpg

Jose’ and John, I sure hope you gentlemen have something a little rougher in your other pocket, because these are much too pretty to use.

Nice leather work, John.
Thank you, Jeff. :)
Both of those are users, the only way they will become "rough" enough is if I keep using them. ;)

View attachment 1332013 It’s a hastily shot, poorly focused photo, but it’s proof that spring is really here. I love when the orioles arrive.
View attachment 1332015 Two in the pocket, one on the belt.
View attachment 1332014 A WWII PAL Blade Co EO Utility Jack, and my old Kabar swayback jack.
It’s already a stunningly nice morning here on the Il/Wi line, so get outside!

Yep! Saw our first oriole this morning in our old cherry tree. They come back & nest in one of our trees every year, but we can't always find the nest until Fall.

And, yes, it is good to see the sun today. We had a real toad choker here yesterday- 4 1/4" of rain in about 12 hours. We're fine, because I had two 3/4hp submersible pumps running in our basement, but the fire company was going around last night pumping some of our neighbours basements. We have a good sized stream running through our property & it was roaring all night. It's gone down a bit this morning, but the road is washed out, and it's just a general mess around here.

But......it's a beautiful day today & we'll get our daily walk in. And here's some knife content:
DSC00274-X4.jpg

My new love and I are still getting to know one another. I am hoping I don’t need it today as it’s chewed both of my thumb nails so badly I can’t open it at this point. The pull cuts are the sharpest I’ve ever run across. I hope Case can round those over when they are fixing the blade play. If not I’ll have to come up with a different plan...View attachment 1332026

Last edited:
My new love and I are still getting to know one another. I am hoping I don’t need it today as it’s chewed both of my thumb nails so badly I can’t open it at this point. The nail nick cuts are the sharpest I’ve ever run across. I hope Case can round those over when they are fixing the blade play. If not I’ll have to come up with a different plan...View attachment 1332026

My ONLY complaint with mine is that the nail nick for the main clip blade is almost hidden behind the secondary blades. It's at an angle & has chewed up my thumbnail a time or two. I wish there was a way they could've done that differently. The larger Premium Stockman isn't like that.

I carry this pair basically everyday, I have found that I really like having a one hand opening/closing knife ... the Russlock is that knife plus it is a great fidgeting/rubbing knife. If its out of my pocket, it is cutting some non-food item or being fidgeted with. I carry the mini trapper for cutting fruit, salami, cheese, etc, etc AND for opening bottles of beer. OK, some of you never open bottles but for me a cap lifter is essential!!!View attachment 1331521
Nice pair there. Amber bone is great material :thumbsup:
I should get a Russlock again. Had one about a decade ago when I was strictly a modern knife guy. The Russlock seemed small so I sold it o_O

Schatt #69 spear blade jack and an American made Finnish style Puukko knife I just received a couple days ago. Puukko has osage and antler handle with pewter trim. I made a couple sheaths for the Puukko the past two days. A belt sheath with whitetail deer leg hide trim, an idea I got from seeing a similar Puukko sheath. Also made a pocket sheath. My leather work skills are limited but pretty pleased with the results all things considered.:)View attachment 1331778View attachment 1331779View attachment 1331780
Nice puukko and sheath :thumbsup:

Dark an dreary day and very wet out side . Staying in and finishing a 1000 piece puzzle and carrying a User and a Feel Good knife today .

Harry
Nice Arno B :cool:

Happy Friday again to us workin' folk :)

Moki by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Thank you very much for the very kind words my friend . The User is the Blade Forums knife which was gifted to me by @Half/Stop a couple of weeks ago and the Feel Good knife is the Fixed Blade which is an Arno Bernard Galago with a Wart Hog Ivory handle . It is something that I had wanted for a few years . I have No Need for it , but it does make me Feel Good . It was a gift from my wife .

Harry
:cool::thumbsup:
I got tired of totin' this afternoon and said, "Fiddlesticks! Gotta take it easy." So, I did.

jMZkBRE.jpg

- Stuart
:D I love that olive fork! :D
Yet they go together strikingly well :)
Thank you, Jack. It's felt like a very fitting pair these days.
I'm going with a hardier pair today, hoping to get a little time in the garden.
4PTRrnG.jpg

Back