What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

JohnDF

Gold Member
8zwQzEe.jpg
Great pirate ship, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
A3722A4F-D3BD-4FDB-8091-A51C4BFFA3E2.jpeg It’s a hastily shot, poorly focused photo, but it’s proof that spring is really here. I love when the orioles arrive.
59FD68CE-C40C-4E89-9BF0-E9ED17A2D992.jpeg Two in the pocket, one on the belt.
3A1CF8A5-2381-4C50-B201-5A2FF8DD6474.jpeg A WWII PAL Blade Co EO Utility Jack, and my old Kabar swayback jack.
It’s already a stunningly nice morning here on the Il/Wi line, so get outside!

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
Schatt #69 spear blade jack and an American made Finnish style Puukko knife I just received a couple days ago. Puukko has osage and antler handle with pewter trim. I made a couple sheaths for the Puukko the past two days. A belt sheath with whitetail deer leg hide trim, an idea I got from seeing a similar Puukko sheath. Also made a pocket sheath. My leather work skills are limited but pretty pleased with the results all things considered.:) View attachment 1331778 View attachment 1331779 View attachment 1331780
Your leatherworking skills are just fine.
Cool idea having one for the belt/one for the pocket.

Old Hunter

Gold Member
12th day carrying only a Jackknife - today my carry is this Case 6225-1/2 that I bought out of a Case display in a small engine repair shop 15 years ago. It was the first Case Knife I ever owned, bought it when I went to replace a lost Schrade 108OT and learned from the dealer they had moved offshore - I wanted a USA made pocketknife. OH
Case-6225-1-2-SS-Coke-Bottle-Jack-2000.jpg

JohnDF

Gold Member
Jose’ and John, I sure hope you gentlemen have something a little rougher in your other pocket, because these are much too pretty to use.

Nice leather work, John.
Thank you, Jeff. :)
Both of those are users, the only way they will become "rough" enough is if I keep using them. ;)

Ironbut

Gold Member
View attachment 1332013 It’s a hastily shot, poorly focused photo, but it’s proof that spring is really here. I love when the orioles arrive.
View attachment 1332015 Two in the pocket, one on the belt.
View attachment 1332014 A WWII PAL Blade Co EO Utility Jack, and my old Kabar swayback jack.
It’s already a stunningly nice morning here on the Il/Wi line, so get outside!

Yep! Saw our first oriole this morning in our old cherry tree. They come back & nest in one of our trees every year, but we can't always find the nest until Fall.

And, yes, it is good to see the sun today. We had a real toad choker here yesterday- 4 1/4" of rain in about 12 hours. We're fine, because I had two 3/4hp submersible pumps running in our basement, but the fire company was going around last night pumping some of our neighbours basements. We have a good sized stream running through our property & it was roaring all night. It's gone down a bit this morning, but the road is washed out, and it's just a general mess around here.

But......it's a beautiful day today & we'll get our daily walk in. And here's some knife content:
DSC00274-X4.jpg

CHNeal

Gold Member
My new love and I are still getting to know one another. I am hoping I don’t need it today as it’s chewed both of my thumb nails so badly I can’t open it at this point. The pull cuts are the sharpest I’ve ever run across. I hope Case can round those over when they are fixing the blade play. If not I’ll have to come up with a different plan... 1D42223B-CCBF-4664-9B94-AA359ADCC5EA.jpeg

Last edited:

Ironbut

Gold Member
My new love and I are still getting to know one another. I am hoping I don’t need it today as it’s chewed both of my thumb nails so badly I can’t open it at this point. The nail nick cuts are the sharpest I’ve ever run across. I hope Case can round those over when they are fixing the blade play. If not I’ll have to come up with a different plan... View attachment 1332026

My ONLY complaint with mine is that the nail nick for the main clip blade is almost hidden behind the secondary blades. It's at an angle & has chewed up my thumbnail a time or two. I wish there was a way they could've done that differently. The larger Premium Stockman isn't like that.

I carry this pair basically everyday, I have found that I really like having a one hand opening/closing knife ... the Russlock is that knife plus it is a great fidgeting/rubbing knife. If its out of my pocket, it is cutting some non-food item or being fidgeted with. I carry the mini trapper for cutting fruit, salami, cheese, etc, etc AND for opening bottles of beer. OK, some of you never open bottles but for me a cap lifter is essential!!! View attachment 1331521
Nice pair there. Amber bone is great material :thumbsup:
I should get a Russlock again. Had one about a decade ago when I was strictly a modern knife guy. The Russlock seemed small so I sold it o_O

Schatt #69 spear blade jack and an American made Finnish style Puukko knife I just received a couple days ago. Puukko has osage and antler handle with pewter trim. I made a couple sheaths for the Puukko the past two days. A belt sheath with whitetail deer leg hide trim, an idea I got from seeing a similar Puukko sheath. Also made a pocket sheath. My leather work skills are limited but pretty pleased with the results all things considered.:) View attachment 1331778 View attachment 1331779 View attachment 1331780
Nice puukko and sheath :thumbsup:

Dark an dreary day and very wet out side . Staying in and finishing a 1000 piece puzzle and carrying a User and a Feel Good knife today .

Harry
Nice Arno B :cool:

Happy Friday again to us workin' folk :)

Moki by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Old Engineer

Gold Member

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Thank you very much for the very kind words my friend . The User is the Blade Forums knife which was gifted to me by @Half/Stop a couple of weeks ago and the Feel Good knife is the Fixed Blade which is an Arno Bernard Galago with a Wart Hog Ivory handle . It is something that I had wanted for a few years . I have No Need for it , but it does make me Feel Good . It was a gift from my wife .

Harry
:cool::thumbsup:
I got tired of totin' this afternoon and said, "Fiddlesticks! Gotta take it easy." So, I did.

jMZkBRE.jpg

- Stuart
:D I love that olive fork! :D
Yet they go together strikingly well :)
Thank you, Jack. It's felt like a very fitting pair these days.
I'm going with a hardier pair today, hoping to get a little time in the garden.
4PTRrnG.jpg