What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

qzimBLm.jpg

Hope y'all are safe and well on this Tuesday morning! :) I'm carry two this morning. I've got one of my Jack Black Guardians SFOs from 2019. It's an Ironwood model and it's nicknamed Stan. ;) I'm also carrying ole Red. A Northfield Barlow SFO from Mike at Collectors Knives. This one is from the first run of singles with the original style clip blade. :D :thumbsup:

46519230665_8430b78946_o.jpg
Stan and Ol Red !!!:):):) Now there is a Pair my friend . I sometimes wonder why in the world we ever need to carry anything other than those Ol Reds ?????

Harry

I have carried this one every day since I got it and today was no different . Today we finished planting our small raised garden even though the Temp. got up to 91 F by 5 P.M. One thing I noticed about this knife was as I carry it in a front pocket , it just positions the Inside of the Curve against the leg . The knife is 4 & 1/2 closed and the handle thickness ranges from 3/4 to 1 " across the Stag .

Harry

Stan and Ol Red !!!:):):) Now there is a Pair my friend . I sometimes wonder why in the world we ever need to carry anything other than those Ol Reds ?????

Harry
We don’t really need to Harry! :D But what does need really have to do with it? :eek: We would probably get bored. It’s not like the old days when we carried the same knife for years and didn’t even think anything about it! :)

We don’t really need to Harry! :D But what does need really have to do with it? :eek: We would probably get bored. It’s not like the old days when we carried the same knife for years and didn’t even think anything about it! :)
I guess you are right Ron . I think that from 1962 until 2003 , I bought a Filet Knife and a Fixed Blade hunting knife . Never thought that I needed another knife .

Harry

Thanks buddy, I wish I had the Pig to go with the pouch! :D ;) Two terrific Trappers there :) :thumbsup:

Carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and a random choice from James Howarth :) Stay safe folks :thumbsup:

xvaR6vK.jpg

irH1UgY.jpg
Thanks a lot Jack!!! I'd like them both presently, as well!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
What a cool "random choice" to add to your Hartshead; those horn covers are outstanding!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Beautiful bolsters on today’s pair. Love the slanted bolster on the bottom. Fine image.
Thank you very kindly, Harvey!!!
Joseph Rodgers.
c6b12de6-ff64-48a0-9e14-df0ac6fd368e-jpeg.1351868

7b44214b-78fc-4c3a-8b34-64a90aa05b53-jpeg.1351871
Your Rodgers has quite a cool clip blade; great images of your tough Sheffield workhorse, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ready to do the job, Guv!!!:D
View attachment 1351783

Looking good Charlie :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! Fine choices today - I like the horn on that Howarth and the old watch piques my interest as well.

ry42hFu.jpg

Thanks a lot Dylan, the watch belonged to my grandfather. Great pic, and an excellent pairing my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Great looking James Howarth.

THanks Harvey, nice-looking Bunny Knife :thumbsup:

Bolsters freshly flitzed, blades stropped.
3VXEG4l.jpg

I love this #29

Cool contrast Taylor :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Jack!!! I'd like them both presently, as well!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
What a cool "random choice" to add to your Hartshead; those horn covers are outstanding!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going with an old Robeson and a fairly new Buck; both with wood covers and carbon blades. :)

Yes indeed JJ! :eek: Thanks buddy, a solid and reliable choice there :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is keeping safe. My Wooden Wednesday choice...:thumbsup:

dTMm3KT.jpg

wXyiBXW.jpg

Back