What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Oh, the memories. Not today but opening day of the Tennessee deer season in 2018. The distraction of taking this picture with my then new cell phone cost me a buck of a lifetime. Just as I took the picture I caught movement out of the corner of my eye near the bottom of the hollow I was watching....Jut in time to see a very large buck sneaking away with head held low. It looked like he was pushing a tree through the brush with his head, a very large rack. I never saw him again. The upside is I do have the picture of my knife!View attachment 1352063

LOL! My buck of a lifetime has snuck past while I was pouring a cup of coffee out of my thermos and a second time while I was peeing on a tree.:confused:

Red Trout with green camel bone handles. Courtesy of @ea42
UA5PQeG.jpg

7pd5w77.jpg
Really nice color on that one.

Two great choices for today Jack. That big lambsfoot blade along with your TC spear blade make a versatile pairing! Have a good one my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning y’all! It’s Wednesday and I’ve got a Tidioute #47 Viper in Osage Orange and a Jack Black SFO Damascus with Ironwood Lambsfoot. Have a blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

33751301248_1328ee6333_o_d.jpg

Thanks Ron, back at ya buddy :) :thumbsup:

Now that I have a TC barlow, I can see why they are so popular. Yours is a beauty wrapped in Ebony.

Thanks a lot John :) :thumbsup:

That's nice Randy :thumbsup:

It's supposed to be 104 degrees today.
Skoll, my Ironwood Jack Black SFO Lambsfoot, loves the hot sunny weather.

Hold him tight John ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning y’all! I’m carrying two from Great Eastern Cutlery this morning. I’ve got a Northfield #48 Improved Trapper in Autumn Gold Jigged Bone and a Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot in Antique Autumn Jigged Bone. Stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

49756794166_daa0694b37_o_d.jpg

Radiant beauties, Ron.

Camillus and a Schrade today

RHggcO7.jpg

Great old knives in a great picture, Steve.

Trimmed back an aloe plant, gave it a cleaning and coat of oil.
I love the Bullnose.

What oil is good for aloe plants. I've not tried that.

Camillus 71 and a Utica pen today

sUbf1Ml.jpg

Another fine capture, Steve. Thanks.

Going with an old Robeson and a fairly new Buck; both with wood covers and carbon blades. :)

Classy classics competently captured. Kudos, JJ.

Good morning y’all! It’s Wednesday and I’ve got a Tidioute #47 Viper in Osage Orange and a Jack Black SFO Damascus with Ironwood Lambsfoot. Have a blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

Beauties both, buddy.

I called and checked on my friend Stuart D Duckdog this morning. I know a lot of you folks have also been missing Stuart. He has been having some back issues but is making steady improvements. Stuart sends his regards and wanted me to tell y’all that he’d be back soon! :D :thumbsup:

It's good to hear he's on the mend. :cool::thumbsup:

Sorry to hear Stuart is suffering with his back Ron, I hope he's not in too much discomfort, and that he'll be better soon, and back here with his pals :thumbsup:

Please pass my regards to Stuart and Miss Norma if you call again Ron

Glad to here Stuart’s on the mend.

Thanks, Ron, and it was a real treat to get your call. Jack, Ron did convey your concerns and I had to imbibe a Martini and crunch some jumbo salted Virginia peanuts to celebrate yours and Ron's gracious thoughts. (I saw that the Primbile jack had a recent outing!!) Thanks to all the other comments on my recovery. They are consoling and encouraging. I actually hope to get a walk in today longer than the half block that has been my route for the past month. Pics later. It's been a while since I stepped off the Porch and I'm deliriously glad to have the pain-free moments to tentatively step back up.

Onward and upward!!
- Stuart

Jack, Ron did convey your concerns and I had to imbibe a Martini and crunch some jumbo salted Virginia peanuts to celebrate yours and Ron's gracious thoughts. (I saw that the Primbile jack had a recent outing!!) Thanks to all the other comments on my recovery. They are consoling and encouraging. I actually hope to get a walk in today longer than the half block that has been my route for the past month. Pics later. It's been a while since I stepped off the Porch and I'm deliriously glad to have the pain-free moments to tentatively step back up.

Onward and upward!!
- Stuart

Thanks a lot Stuart, it's great to have you back, and I'm sorry you've been suffering so long my friend. I hope you enjoy your walk :) :thumbsup:

That is gorgeous Paul :thumbsup:

- cheers, Tom

I do not see many SAKs that I like , but I sure do like that one Paul .

Harry

- many thanks, Harry.

Confess, have never really been much of a SAK fan, though doubtless like many other folk, if I counted all the ones I actually have inc keyring models, there's around half a dozen ;)

This one is from De Custom Forge. Had never seen them before, but thought it a good example of a folder to carry that didn't offend non-knifey-people - NFK's as we call em.

Found me a cool damasteel lanyard bead.........now need to learn how to tie a Diamond Stopper Knot :rolleyes:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Back