What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good to see all the Bucks out today.
Here's my 112 out soaking in the sun.
NNCJ8Uo.jpg

Two new stockmans in todays postal. :D
Marbles MR431 Sow Belly with black canvas Micarta covers and D2 blades, and a (large 4.5 inch closed) Rough Ryder RR1740 Classic Carbon Steel. I was going to put the Marbles in my pocket first, but the Spey/Budding blade wants to argue when you open it if the Sheepsfoot blade is closed.
I gotta fix that, even though I don't use that blade much, and it opens just fine if you open the Sheepsfoot first.
So, I guess I'll take the Buck 371 out and put the Rough Ryder in.
I think I fixed it.
A wee bit of grinding to round the corner of the tang when the blade starts to move, thinned the pile side liner maybe 0.001 inch, extended the inner side of the swede
down and toward the tip.
(all without taking the thing apart)
The Budding/Spey blade opens without complaint or argument now. :)

Only "problem" now is choosing between the Marbles MR431 and the Rough Ryder RR1740.
I gave up trying to choose between them, and decided to carry both. :confused::rolleyes::eek::oops:

When I need a stockman I'll just use the one that jumps into my hand first. :D

Mail delivered to me today a like brand new 1971, nine dot, Case 6392 Stockman. In the picture is a Hummingbird guitar I bought in 1971. I can’t play it but my son who came along much later can play exceedingly well. :)
Nice 9 dot, Les!
Nice Hummingbird too! I've got a 1968 that I pick and strum now and then.

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider with carbon steel blades and yellow synthetic handles:
sow.mark.3open.trashcart.jpg

Regular Stockman of the Week is also a Rough Rider, medium-sized with stag handles:
stagmed.pile.closed.jpg

Budget Canoe of the Week is stainless Colt in buckshot bone (thanks, Dave):
bsbcanoe.mark.2open.jpg

Bling Canoe of the Week is a big Rough Rider black lip pearl gunboat:
pearl.mark.3open horiz.stand.jpg

- GT

We're glad to have you back.
Good luck on the recovery. :):thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Stuart, it's great to have you back, and I'm sorry you've been suffering so long my friend. I hope you enjoy your walk :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Stuart! It’s great to see you and I’m thankful you’ve gotten some relief my friend! Don’t get too excited and over do it! :D

D Duckdog - May the moments of relief you feel now blossom into many years, Stuart.

Thanks my friend and glad to hear you're on the mend !

Thanks, guys, The warmth of the Porch has recuperative powers and I'm soaking them (and a Geo. Dickel No.12 neat) in.
-Stuart

Last edited:
Nice 9 dot, Les!
Nice Hummingbird too! I've got a 1968 that I pick and strum now and then.

Thanks Gary. The knife looks like they just made it. I was a hippie college dropout when I bought that in ‘71 planning on learning how to play. That didn’t work out for me but I managed to hang on to it till I could pass it on to my son.

Yes indeed JJ! :eek: Thanks buddy, a solid and reliable choice there :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is keeping safe. My Wooden Wednesday choice...:thumbsup:

dTMm3KT.jpg

wXyiBXW.jpg
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you Jack!!!
A couple of great choices for today; your first image begs the question, do you count sheep or sheep's feet (or foot:))?:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Classy classics competently captured. Kudos, JJ.
Thank you kindly, Stuart!!! Great to hear your back is feeling better, too!!!
Thank you JJ. Handsome covers on the Robeson, Buck classic pair. All bases covered with the variety of blades. Displayed quite nicely.
Thanks a bunch, Harvey!!!
TEW LAMB and Pen
B6CD379F-1B1C-4380-842B-A3BF486D10FB_zpswkhmpt8j.jpeg
A stellar "cover shot" of your lamb today; really digging that fantastic grain structure!:rolleyes::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back