What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

IMG_0252.JPG

I consider this a traditional pattern, but would this be considered a traditinal knife? Benchmade Proper. Modern materials, but slip joint gentleman's knife. I have seen other traditional patterns with modern materials posted here. Just would like to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Morning folks, hope everyone is keeping safe. My Wooden Wednesday choice...:thumbsup:

dTMm3KT.jpg

wXyiBXW.jpg
Two great choices for today Jack. That big lambsfoot blade along with your TC spear blade make a versatile pairing! Have a good one my friend! :) :thumbsup:

2 Favorites.

Y’all have a blessed day!

Two nice choices for today Jon! Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning y’all! It’s Wednesday and I’ve got a Tidioute #47 Viper in Osage Orange and a Jack Black SFO Damascus with Ironwood Lambsfoot. Have a blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

33751301248_1328ee6333_o_d.jpg

Two stunning knives, Ron! I’ll be up in your neck of the woods next week. I’ll be glad to take those off your hands!;)

Oh, the memories. Not today but opening day of the Tennessee deer season in 2018. The distraction of taking this picture with my then new cell phone cost me a buck of a lifetime. Just as I took the picture I caught movement out of the corner of my eye near the bottom of the hollow I was watching....Jut in time to see a very large buck sneaking away with head held low. It looked like he was pushing a tree through the brush with his head, a very large rack. I never saw him again. The upside is I do have the picture of my knife!IMG_0024.jpg

I have carried this one every day since I got it and today was no different . Today we finished planting our small raised garden even though the Temp. got up to 91 F by 5 P.M. One thing I noticed about this knife was as I carry it in a front pocket , it just positions the Inside of the Curve against the leg . The knife is 4 & 1/2 closed and the handle thickness ranges from 3/4 to 1 " across the Stag .

Harry
Amazing stag!
It must be after 9 P.M. CDT because I just double posted again waiting on things to happen .
Yeah...the 9pm slowdown is my signal to take a break and go wash dishes and feed the cat.

jOADNTb.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I have a TC barlow, I can see why they are so popular. Yours is a beauty wrapped in Ebony.

I consider this a traditional pattern, but would this be considered a traditinal knife? Benchmade Proper. Modern materials, but slip joint gentleman's knife. I have seen other traditional patterns with modern materials posted here. Just would like to hear your thoughts.
I consider those Benchmade Propers to be a "Modern-ized Traditional".
They don't seem to break any of the posting rules as we see them, and others like them, posted a lot.
Torx screw construction continues to be a Hot Button issue on this forum, but you're safe posting them.

Orange Osage is becoming my second favorite wood handle material, next to Ebony. :cool::thumbsup:

Back