What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    This is the knife I used to slice limes. Not needed for televised sports, but nice to have in hand.
    [​IMG]

2. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Immensely impressive and a great pairing:thumbsup: Real taste is impossible to hide;)

Old Engineer likes this.
  3. rswanson

rswanson Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Showing off my Father’s Day present from my lovely wife, who actually gave me this 23 Pioneer Trapper a week ago. I didn’t carry the Bull Buster today as well; just for size comparison. Otherwise, my pants would’ve fallen down. Happy Father’s Day, everyone!

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, btb01 and 30 others like this.
  4. Markeologist

Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Bourbon and a Beerlow upload_2020-6-21_17-24-54.jpeg

TFBraden, Reaper AL, ISKRA and 28 others like this.
  5. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Case mini Wharncliffe Trapper in Rancher Bone and TruSharp
    [​IMG]

6. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Cool knife and photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: When I grew up on a Michigan dairy farm in the 1950s and 1960s, I remember we used to aim to get first cutting baled by July 4. By that standard, you're WAY ahead of the game. (Actually, by the time I graduated from high school in 1969, we had first cutting finished much earlier, as we baled less and put more "haylage" in silos.)

Couple of beautiful chestnut jigged bone Cases, Shane! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :) I'm grateful to Ron that one of those Cases came to me from him, and two others were also generous gifts from "pillars of The Porch" in my early days at BF. I should update my group shot to include a teardrop, a medium stockman, and a muskrat from that series that I've purchased since taking the old photo I recently posted.

Thanks for the correction, Vince. :) I checked a Case dealer website and was amazed by the variety of little lockbacks they offer!
    That French stag sheepsfoot by Thomachot you posted is distinctive!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Notable pair of desirable big knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, JJ. Is your Alox a Farmer? What color is it? Makes a stunning pair with that Pocket Carver! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I'm adding it to my list, too! :):cool::cool:

Yowza, that cougar-clawed Churchill is a champ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You're back in the saddle again with that pair, John! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great pairing, Jack; that Joker is a joy-inducer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That scout makes me wanna shout, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Stuart. :) It looks better than it actually is; youthful indiscretions have resulted in a bent backspring and a homemade bail in a buggered bolster. :rolleyes: Still a favorite though, and more fully-functional than I am. ;)

Cut thin to win with that pair, Stuart! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

For me, that's probably one of the most distinctive, recognizable knives on The Porch, Dean!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Unforgettable photo, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the additional info, Jon. :) I'd have never guessed that it had copper covers; I'm fascinated by the all-metal folders! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Harvey. :)

Thanks, JJ & Jack. :) I won that stag I*XL canoe in a GAW and discovered when it arrived that the serial number on the bolster was my birthdate! :eek::thumbsup::cool:;)

I have a rich fantasy life, and sometimes imagine that BF members show me a pair of knives and say, "Which ONE would you like more?" But I get paralyzed by pairs like Steve's and JJ's because I can't decide which member of the pair is more desirable in either case! :(:eek::D
    Superb pairs, gents!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice to meet your old friends, Jack & John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Dignified and dramatic!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's a good habit to have, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

:D:D
    I've cut myself a couple of times when I dropped an open knife while setting up a photo and tried to catch it on the way down.:rolleyes:

- GT

7. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you very much for the Way Too Kind words my friend .

Harry

Will Power likes this.
  8. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you very much Ron . I hope that you had as good a Father's Day as I did .

Harry

9. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Both girls were home today. They made me crepes for breakfast and then we took a mid day ride to Mt Rainier.
    [​IMG]

You can’t see it but there were 3 bears feeding in an avalanche shoot and a mountain goat in the cliffs above them.

[​IMG]

But this chocolate colored fella was a lot closer!!

[​IMG]

10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Gary. Gift from @Âchillepattada. It's called a "Langres", from where it comes from. Not strictly a sheepsfoot, though--there is some belly in the blade. Great to use in the kitchen.

11. Hibou Canne

Hibou Canne Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2016
    GEC 71 & 93. that poutine was soooo good. ATB
    [​IMG]

12. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Long day, drove inland a few hours to my sisters for a big Father’s Day family meal and gathering. Carried a Case Eisenhower penknife today - got used a couple of times too (opening some fishing tackle my brother brought with him). OH
    [​IMG]

13. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks, Gary. I just might carry it again tomorrow.

Today I carried these two:
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, ISKRA and 30 others like this.
  14. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Emmer Knives small custom fixed blade

[​IMG]

15. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Nice. You don't see many of those Little Bays in the denim. That's a keeper!

thefrank likes this.
  16. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Jack!!! I didn't know it was now officially Summer, thanks for that, too!
    That looks like an awesome book! You have a great "book worthy" pair that show 2 great Sheffield achievements, both past and present! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you for all the kind words today, Gary!!!
    It's always great to see your wonderful quartet; the Euler's identity knife is also a real thing of beauty, too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you very kindly, Harvey!!!
    Three very tasty treats for your Father's day; the first two made me hungry and the third, your CJ, just makes me drool!:eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Love seeing the variety in those Case Chestnut Jigged Bone knives. I’m glad you’re still enjoy that beautiful Sowbelly my friend! As always I appreciate the compliment on my carries! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, it was a good one my friend! :) :thumbsup:

18. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    I really like these two pocket friendly jacks from Case and GEC. :)
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, ISKRA and 32 others like this.
  19. Aryan29

Aryan29

May 20, 2018
    Buck055 + Mini Fox River,
    Micarta&Wood for Monday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    He sure has John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :)

Mmmmmm :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words Gary, that's incredibly cool about your IXL Canoe, my former brother-in-law was there when those knives were made, some of the best knives made in Sheffield during that period :thumbsup:

What a great day :) Superb photos :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Yes, the sun is even out in Yorkshire JJ ;) :D Thank you very much, that pair go together really well :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start :) Starting mine off with this pair :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]